MORE TOP RANKED STORIES WE THINK YOU'LL ENJOY:
- Pica ★ 8.54 Rating (129 votes)
- Busking ★ 9.29 Rating (14 votes)
- Becoming ★ 9.22 Rating (18 votes)
- What Do You Like About Playing Under the Bed? ★ 9.19 Rating (62 votes)
- Something Was Off About My Freshman Roommate – Part Three & Epilogue ★ 9.18 Rating (17 votes)
- Two Double A’s ★ 9.18 Rating (34 votes)
- Maisie Went Missing Last Year ★ 9.14 Rating (163 votes)
- The Strange Case of Edmonson, Kentucky ★ 9.13 Rating (62 votes)
- The Story of Her Holding an Orange: Part Two ★ 9.12 Rating (17 votes)
- He Who Wanders ★ 9.12 Rating (364 votes)
- The Pass ★ 9.11 Rating (18 votes)
Alone at work late one night, you are putting in a CD to install a program on your computer. The CD is unlabeled though you remember it being labeled like any other mass produced CD.
You put it into the drive, and find it to have no data on it either. Instead of the normal CD spinning sound, it almost sounded like screaming. It’s obviously the wrong CD and you find the real one soon, and continue your work.
Alone again on another night you need to back-up your hard drive on a blank CD, so you put one in. You hear the vaguely familiar screaming noise, but this time your computer screen goes blank for a few seconds, before the entire floor goes dark.
Now the screaming you hear is not coming from a computer drive, it’s coming from down the hall… and it’s getting closer.
ETA: If anyone feels like rewriting this one, give it a shot – I really like the concept, but the execution was really sloppy. If you can do it better, I’ll replace this version with yours.