Advertisement
Please wait...

White with Red



Estimated reading time — 2 minutes

A man went to a hotel and walked up to the front desk to check in. The woman at the desk gave him his key and told him that on the way to his room, there was a door with no number that was locked and no one was allowed in there. Especially no one should look inside the room, under any circumstances. So he followed the instructions of the woman at the front desk, going straight to his room, and going to bed.

The next night his curiosity would not leave him alone about the room with no number on the door. He walked down the hall to the door and tried the handle. Sure enough, it was locked. He bent down and looked through the wide keyhole. Cold air passed through it, chilling his eye. What he saw was a hotel bedroom, like his, and in the corner was a woman whose skin was completely white. She was leaning her head against the wall, facing away from the door. He stared in confusion for a while. He almost knocked on the door, out of curiosity, but decided not to.

This disinclination saved his life. He crept away from the door and walked back to his room. The next day, he returned to the door and looked through the wide keyhole. This time, all he saw was redness. He couldn’t make anything out besides a distinct red color, unmoving. Perhaps the inhabitants of the room knew he was spying the night before, and had blocked the keyhole with something red.

At this point he decided to consult the woman at the front desk for more information. She sighed and said, “Did you look through the keyhole?” The man told her that he had and she said, “Well, I might as well tell you the story. A long time ago, a man murdered his wife in that room, and her ghost haunts it. But these people were not ordinary. They were white all over, except for their eyes, which were red.”

Advertisements

Credit: Anonymous

Advertisements

More classic Creepypasta stories can be found here:
Zalgo
The Dionaea House
Sonic.exe

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

173 thoughts on “White with Red”

  1. strangeangel24601

    Definitely creepy, but why bother telling the traveler about the room in the first place? As far as he knows, it’s just a maintenance closet and not worth paying attention to at all unless some blabbermouth desk clerk piques his curiosity with cryptic instructions to stay away from it. Seriously, how many people go around hotels peeping through keyholes and trying to get into locked rooms unless somebody tells them not to?

  2. Hey at least it’s not as bad as being stalked by offenderman. The other day he was stalking me while I was taking a shower, I kicked him in the groin when I went into my room with my towel wrapped around me.

  3. you know the first time i heard this story was when i was 6 my aunt told it to me and my cousins when we were little. Except she told it a little differently instead of there being a white woman in the room the first time the man looked in the room all he saw was black, the second time he looked all he saw was red. When he asked the lady at the front desk she told him that someone had been murdered in that room and that they had one black eye and one red eye. Its scary cause at the exact same time he was looking in, they were looking out.

  4. I’ve heard of this story a long time ago–around 6 years ago when I was still in high school. The setting and certain details in the story were described differently from when I first heard about it, but it’s good to see the tale being posted here on this site.

  5. Loved it honestly. Can’t get over the fact she was staring back. What if this actually happened to you? Like what do you do in that situation

  6. I do not understand. I get it until I get to the end where at she says ‘but these were not normal people…’ Who!?! She only mentioned 1 man killing his wife so who were these other people & who were looking back at him????

  7. It’s not bad at all really, if you just leave out all your science and stuff, and I believe the original author had a great story in mind, but couldn’t think of the right way to get it out. I will say I was pretty shocked at the end. It was just rushed is all.

  8. Hmm, so that’s where this was. I remember hearing this story from my friends before. It was alright, if a bit short.

  9. The fact that he couldn’t tell it was an eye while looking made it less scary for me. I get that you are supposed toget the chills at the end, but it doesn’t seem to work for me.

  10. After I read the first line, I knew that I had read this before. There was nothing really special about this one, in fact, the execution was a little awkward, but I still like hearing this classic. I remember that the first time I heard this story was a club penguin video when I was 8 or so. Good times. :P

  11. I’ve seen a lot of variations on this one too…but something always bothered me. If there is an eye looking at both ends of a keyhole, they would be blocking out the light from the rooms. So they wouldn’t be seeing anything but darkness and certainly not the colour of her red eyes. But still, it is a chiller and I love the tale. :)

  12. this story is real .i have seen this kind of the ghost before .it is so scary .when i look into her eye ,i see her eye like a animal and has a sharp teeth .as this moment ,i hear something ,someone told me don’t look into her eyes if you don,t you will get in trouble

  13. please nobody want to help me why im scared im only 14 YEARS OLD they don\’t listen but i listen he say that everyone needs to listen to what he has to say or you will DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  14. please nobody want to help me why im scared im only 14 YEARS OLD they don’t listen but i listen he say that everyone needs to listen to what he has to say or you will DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  15. please i need to find out what i saw im only 14 years old why is this thing following me somebody help im scared they dont believe me they think im crazy i talk to my mom she don\’t believe me this red eye thing is talking to me telling things i don\’t want to hear it says if i don\’t listen it will kill me please i need help somebody PLEASE HELP ME

  16. Did the title get changed? I was so excited to finally find this story, but the other title fit better.
    A few days ago my girlfriends and I stayed overnight after a party and three of us went out to the camper, which is where I was introduced to the world of “CreepyPasta”.
    She had printed out some of the creepier stories and for some reason as she read this story, I was paying attention to every detail.
    At the end, it clicked instantly.
    I got so scared I actually got chills and started to cry a little!
    Haha, I’m now hooked on CreepyPasta.

  17. not creepy or freaky to me at all. if I looked in a key hole and a ghost was looking back at me it would freak me out then. for that matter if a living person was looking back at me it would freak me out, but to read it does nothing.

  18. this sooooooooo was not creepy or freaky to me at all. I could see where if I looked in a key hole and a ghost was looking back at me it would freak me out then.heck for that matter if a living person was looking back at me it would freak me out, but to read it does nothing.

  19. AHHHHHH! This is the first story I’ve read here that made me go….”OMG! NO, no, no, no, no! DO NOT WANT! AHHHH!” Thinking about this, this scares me half to death….*mumbles to herself….*
    I need a hug. O_O I’m scared, and it’s broad daylight. *rocks back and forth* I thought of it again…
    *Whimpers*

    You can call me a coward, or a baby or whatever. But…scaaaaary for me. Idk why.
    Hug plox?

    My god this is the first story that made me resort to rocking back and forth whimpering, AND using interweb speak. Oh….also, bri/x/ have been shat…
    O_O

  20. I check into small hotel a few kilometers from Kiev. It is late. I am tired. I tell woman at desk I want a room. She tells me room number and give key. “But one more thing comrade; there is one room without number and always lock. Don’t even peek in there.” I take key and go to room to sleep.

    Night comes and I hear trickling of water. It comes from the room across. I cannot sleep so I open door. It is coming from room with no number. I pound on door. No response. I look in keyhole. I see nothing except red.

    Water still trickling. I go down to front desk to complain. “By the way who is in that room?” She look at me and begin to tell story.

    There was woman in there. Murdered by her husband. Skin all white, except her eyes, which were red.

    I tell her I don’t give a shit. Stop the water trickling or give me refund. She gave me 100 ruble credit and free breakfast.
    Such is life in Moscow

  21. This actually was a really scary pasta, and one of my top favorites. There was only one that scared me more, I think it was Mr. White by Black Fedora.

  22. Please read Arthur Conan Doyle’s story “The Yellow Face”, “The Creeping Man”, “The Blanched Soldier” or “The Speckled Band” for more creepy and fewer cliches.

  23. Um… I just pointed out how CLICHED the whole “evil albinoezzzzz!!11!” thing is, and how it took away some of my enjoyment of the story. As someone else said above, “they were albinoes and they peeked back, big whoop”.

  24. Anonymouse, no, the story wouldn’t have worked as well with any other eye color because the worker who gave the big reveal at the end wouldn’t have noticed some random stranger’s eye color if it wasn’t abnormal. Can you tell me the eye color of the last person who rang you out at the grocery store? Unless you’ve got a photographic memory, no, and before you try and argue that “WELL THEN THE CONCIERGE SHOULD’VE HAD A PHOTOGRAPHIC MEMORY”… no. That would be retarded and contrived.

    Your desire to be self-righteous on the internet is clouding your logic, it seems, and making you come off as a huge fucking retard.

    So let’s see here: trying to appear smarter than you are and failing; trying to create a self-righteous shitstorm over something that no rational person would be offended by; completely ignoring all logic in order to have something to whine about… yeah, you’re my least favorite kind of person. Reminds me of an annoying, wannabe precocious 13 year old who’s dead set on proving to the world how “intelligent” they are. Grow the fuck up and I hope your brain evolves past middle school someday.

  25. I always thought the red was the blood because it was i dunno a really grusome death ??? i read another one like this and knew it was an eye. Thanks for explaining.

  26. No, I’m pretty sure that you’re still missing the point. She’s not creepy or evil because she’s albino. Her being albino has nothing to do with her death. It’s creepy because it means that, with her having red eyes, what do you think the guy was looking at through the keyhole?

    Either you can’t read or you’re too busy being excited over getting to show how “smart” you think you are & you completely missed the entire point of the story.

  27. And it made me feel a bit sad, really – I thought we’ve moved past the stage where albinos and hypertrichotics and strabismus etc = eeeeeeeeeeeeevil.

    Dan Brown and the Matrix have a LOT to answer for.

  28. The whole “not ordinary = OMG MURDEROUS ALBINO!!!111!!oneeleven” is the “yawn” factor.

    It’s been done to death.

    Took all the creepy out of it for me.

  29. Uhhmmm

    that scared me…

    oh well.

    Um this would make a great scene in scary movie 5 :D justedit it to a comedey where dude goes back up and shoves a pen in the eye. Then shed be like “OH WHAT THE–WHYD YA DO THAT?!” lol

  30. Of course they weren’t ordinary.

    Some jack-off got tired of lickin carpets, so he murdered some heifer.

    Being albino had nothing to do with the abnormality.

    I like this, though. :thumbs up:

  31. This is one of my favorite stories. I’m glad creepypasta has it c: I’ve read different versions, one of them being a guy looking through the keyhole of an abandoned camp room…like at a camp for the summer? XD I forgot what you call them ._.

    Anyway, it’s good =] still one of my favorites, as I’ve said before X3

  32. So the couple were human albinos and one of them decided to peek back out at the man. Big whoop.

    What would have happened if he had knocked on the door?

  33. Am I the only one who finds “But these people were not ordinary. They were white all over, except for their eyes, which were red.” very badly executed?

    It seems forced.

  34. 55.: OW.

    Looking through these archives I’m seeing some good copypasta. :3

    Especially the last pasta posted :p Very good, almost had me fooled. (the one posted May 4th)

  35. Good idea, but badly writen. It was a tad rushed, yanno?

    51.The title had originally been “The Other Watcher”, appearantly.

    52.Shut the hell up. I don’t particularly think we care about sex organs while reading creepypasta.

  36. PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS

  37. elephantsdontexist

    this is scary. But what was the title that “ruined it”? i dont think that just ‘white and red’ ruins it so…

  38. I actually red a variation of this a long time ago. As in years ago.

    While reading this today (I had forgotten how it ended) goosebumps literally sprang up on my skin. Man, just the thought of being so close, just inches away, to something staring back at me freaks me the hell out. (What an oddly worded sentences…)

  39. “murdered his wife in that room, and her ghost haunts it.”

    For all the people that think the girl was alive.

    This is one of the few creepypastas that have made me shit myself.

  40. wow…first time I read it this scared me a little…now every time I read it it I laugh!
    stupid guy being a peeping tom..

  41. This isn’t that creepy as there’s very little mention of the woman being at all malevolent, and it was pretty rushed, especially at the end. But I’ll give it credit here: The thought of staring at something through a keyhole and having it stare back at you is really quite unnerving. But still, haunted house/hotel pastas very rarely creep me out as you have to actually be in one of those places to be harmed. The ones that appeal to irrational paranoia – such as unexplained invaders in your house and/or bedroom and ESPECIALLY mirrors (in my opinion the pastas about mirrors are by far the creepiest) – are the ones that really creep me out and give me sleepless nights.

  42. Dude, why even mention the room to him? The receptionist could easily have not brought it up, and the room would have been left well enough alone. Damn trouble-making hotel clerks.

  43. “What is so scary about albino people?”
    The point isn’t that she’s albino, it’s the general mystery of the thing, combined with the fact, that he was looking at her, and not only did she know, she was looking right back at him the second time.

  44. I would have shit my pants after that nurse told me that the lady in the room has red eyes… he shoulda like, poked the red with a pencil or something..

  45. i know it’s a really obvious story with the name, but my blood turned cold when i read the end & he found out what the red was

  46. @Coconut: You know, I’m pretty sure pushing things from creepypasta to “Elfen Lied” would be a bad move on your part.

  47. So albinos lived in there. Oh no! Some people have a lack of skin pigmentation! HORRORFEST. On the other hand just the mental image of staring through a keyhole and seeing someone else’s eye is very creepy, so this gets some props.

  48. The front desk girl mentioned nothing about the consequences of knocking on the door. Maybe you’ll get a g-g-g-ghost blowjob if you’re lucky

  49. Its not the actual story that’s frightening..but the concept of it. Eyes are the window to the soul–and knowing that this deadness, this emptiness of hollow death is staring back at you–INTO you–what would be going on behind the eyes? What thoughts could they have?Are they judging you?

  50. when ever im creeped out i just read the comments …..i always get uber lulz
    but this one DID creepy me out though

  51. This is one of my favorites.

    Quite a shock at the end, despite the title.

    Although, when I first read this, I almost didn’t realize the connection. After about 5 seconds I shat bri/x/.

  52. That was scary as hell. If he’d known the story earlier he might have died of shock or something.

    And what happens if you knock on the door?

  53. It’s not scary thinking about it, but when I read that I got that chill that usually goes down your back down my front. I guess that means it freaked me out doubly, or something.

  54. Miss Betterdone

    Hello.

    This would make a nice short scene in a film, and the climax could have been accompanied by a nice flinchy-jump sound.

    Maybe a pupil could have moved.

    Thank you for your time.

    1. icarus: Quote

      Miss Betterdone:
      Hello.

      This would make a nice short scene in a film, and the climax could have been accompanied by a nice flinchy-jump sound.

      Maybe a pupil could have moved.

      Thank you for your time.

  55. dammerung has a point but i think this is soo creepy is becuase the lady knew he was looking in there but then again how could she have known it’s not like when you look through a keyhole there’s a big red sign saying look at what im doing

  56. Reading this, I realize now that I so would have poked her in the eye. I mean, why is she so scary again? Oh no, a ghost with red eyes. A crazed woman high on weed, that’s scarier than some undead broad.

  57. The name must have been changed today or yesterday, however I did not see it prior. What was the give-away name? “Red Eyes”?

    Is good. But rushed, yes.

  58. It’s a really creepy, effective story. Thus far, it’s my favourite from this site. My only two problems with it is that, for starters… the way it’s written rushes the story along and ultimately makes the ending feel a little weird and incomplete. Also, the title completely ruins the surprise, and thus makes it entirely ineffective. The title should change to either “The Abandoned Room”, “The Pale Girl”, or simply “White with Red”.

  59. Hmm, this is kind of creepy kuz i had something similar happen to me except it was black instead of red, and i never asked about it.

        1. He was calling him out on calling it copypasta because when it’s about spooky shit it’s creepypasta. You know, like the website?

  60. I read quite a few of these stories before I went to bed. This one of two that stuck with me and really creeped me out.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top