Advertisement
Please wait...

Evening Routine



Estimated reading time — 2 minutes

Don’t look up at the mirror.

You know how that always goes. They look up at the mirror and it’s right there behind them. Just stare down and turn the sink handle. Reach over for the towel. No, whatever you just felt isn’t there, bring your hand back, you don’t need to dry them anyway, you’re going to bed. Keep your head down, keep your hair over your face like a visor, look at your feet when you turn around. Now pull open the door, don’t look ahead down the hall, of course.

It’ll be standing right there watching you, just keep looking down, act like you’re half awake, maybe you can fool it. Turn left and go straight ahead, don’t look down the left or right halls as you reach your door, don’t even indulge your peripheral vision, just get there. Go to your computer and turn off the screen, you know exactly where the switch is, don’t look at what’s flashing on the screen, you know that whatever is on there isn’t what you left it on. Just kneel and hold the power button, should only take five seconds or so. Come on. Now turn and walk to your dresser just like before. No, don’t look its feet, look at yours, keep looking down and walking. Don’t walk too slow, don’t walk too fast.

Pull off your shirt. Don’t take forever getting the thing off, do it quickly, same with your pants. Careful, don’t trip yourself. Open the drawer, and just put them both in, who cares if it’s just the one for shirts, don’t look at what else is in there, just close it. Some of the shirt got caught at the top, open it again, shove it in, close it. Ok, now turn again, look down. Don’t stand too close to the bottom of the bed, don’t let it grab your ankles, just get on the bed. Now, move the pillows and lie on your side with your back to the wall, keep your eyes closed, ignore the freezing wall. Grip the covers from the inside tightly, in case it tries to pull them off. Keep your eyes shut.

Advertisements

Don’t listen to it.

Keep your eyes shut. Go to sleep.

Advertisements

Credit To – Sangth

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

53 thoughts on “Evening Routine”

  1. I feel like the ending could have really taken a creepy twist if it went as follows:
    “Keep your eyes shut.

    Keep listening to it.

    Keep your eyes shut. Go to sleep. Die.”

    Or just something like that. You get the idea though. To where it’s like the entity is feeding on your routinely behavior and has been guiding you this whole time in comfort just to place you in a trap and kill you. It’s an idea anyway. Good work, regardless!

  2. think of this this twist. u keep looking down. but it gets tired of it and finds ur just avoiding it and peeps under to see ur face, showing its manical smile with rows of sharp teeth and huge crazy eyes.

  3. Even if it wasn’t intended, I feel like that the idea of the narrator actually being the thing itself, simply following the protagonist around as they attempt to evade it, so used to their routine of trying to just ignore it. I agree it sounds as if the thing is simply waiting for this person to fall asleep to attack… Or maybe it just has a hard on for torturing the fuck out of the person’s mental state.

  4. This is EXACTLY how I feel every night. I let my mind wonder too much and then I’m way to scared to be blinded for a second (pulling my shirt over my head) or look in places “something” might be hiding in. AMAZING job.

  5. What I am absorbing from this is that it is in the perspective of a person who is a paranoiac. They read one too many creepypastas and are trying to avoid becoming a character in one. I enjoy this because it isn’t a being they are avoiding, it is a figment of their imagination. I rank this pasta a 9/10 for the unique PoV.

  6. Correct me if I’m wrong. Or if I’m right and everyone else noticed this. But when the narrator says “don’t listen to it” “close your eyes, go to sleep” is that meant to be the monster that has been talking the entire time. Telling you things to lure you into sleeping, giving you a false sense of safety.

    1. Don’t look at me, just turn off the tap and walk away, don’t You DARE dry your hands, you’ll grab me.
      Just turn off everything and go to bed.
      There’s a good boy…

    2. “Go to sleep.”

      It’s Jeff. It’s him talking, following the protagonist all along. There is no monster. Just him.

  7. I actually found this kind of funny, imagining this serial killer clown standing just off to the side immensely frustrated at not being given his cue.

  8. I relly liked the story but it could have been more descriptive, like telling if it was making a creepy/scary noise… or… static…?

  9. Poor monster must feel very bad, being ignored like that? And what did it do to be so mistreated? Pulled covers and tried to start a conversation?
    I find it a little hard to be scared by a monster that does no harm just because I am pretending I don’t see/hear it.

  10. I LOVE this story…To the point I want to make it into a short film…Sangth, please shoot me an email if you would be ok with this as I would need to give you proper credit.
    I look forward to your reply.
    Thanks
    Tony D

    1. Sounds great to me, though I’m curious as to how you’d shoot it and whatnot. I’d love to see the end result!

      You never gave an email in your post so that’s why I’m replying here.

  11. I got way to in to the story i was starting to get chills up my spine….. note to self: never read this kinds of things alone in your room if your imagination is to creative.

  12. Creepy pasta, indeed. I like that you didn’t give any description of the monster. That gives us the freedom to visualize our own monsters, which made it more creepy. 9/10

  13. I think it was great it describes the unreasonable fear I get sometimes that something is there and that I can fool it into going away if I don’t look at it.I loved this story

  14. I actually like that it doesn’t describe the thing. Leaves more to the imagination. And that’s what scares us the most, isn’t it?

    1. I imagined fuzzy muppet feet when he said not to look at its feet. Then it was some muppety monster pestering you from then on. Imagination is just as funny as it is scary.

  15. I thoroughly enjoyed this creepypasta, although I do feel like it’s missing something. It’s probably just my curiosity but I would have liked a little closer glimpse at what the monster was. Either way, 7/10.

  16. i like this, its cool, even if my back is against a wall and its daylight i couldnt help but turn around

  17. I feel like there wasn’t enough of the actual “thing I shouldn’t be looking at”. If you deny our sense of sight, show us hints of the creature with our other senses or something. People aren’t creeped-out by empty air, but the shadow that dances on the wall.

    1. In regards to the last part of your criticism, I think I did that alright for how it’s in first-person. The narrator wouldn’t mentally blurt out some descriptive thought about how it looks, that seems a little hamfisted and less scary.

      Well, at least you know it has feet.

      1. I like that nothing was described, like there was nothing there to describe, yet these are the thoughts that go through everyone’s mind

  18. I’ve read this a hundred times before. I get stories like this are supposed to play on the fear that we’ve all experienced these feelings at one point or another, but it’s been said so many times before it really loses it’s edge after a while – especially if you don’t do it in a way that adds something new or retells something in an interesting way.

      1. Oh my god, i always do all of those things, especially standing to close to the bed and turning the computer off… wow..

    1. I can say that too.What kind of pedo(bear)-monster watches you when going out of your room at night
      Hasn’t it got other people to slaughter?
      If he’s so evil,then why not kill you?
      Only because you don’t look at him\her(what,you guys haven’t heard about female monsters?If the answer is no,then read more horror genre)it will not stop you from noticing it’s presence.But think what happens if you look at it’s figure maybe…MAYBE you’ll recognize your brother/sister :)

      1. Why do you assume we’ve never heard of female monsters? I feel like I just won a game of “Find the feminist.”

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top