MORE TOP RANKED STORIES WE THINK YOU'LL ENJOY:
- The Favor – Part One ★ 9.53 Rating (19 votes)
- Oppression ★ 9.46 Rating (13 votes)
- A Sailor Without Two Coins ★ 9.44 Rating (18 votes)
- The Fort ★ 9.41 Rating (22 votes)
- What Do You Like About Playing Under the Bed? ★ 9.3 Rating (37 votes)
- Bedtime II: The Aftermath ★ 9.29 Rating (24 votes)
- Red Lights ★ 9.29 Rating (17 votes)
- Hide ★ 9.28 Rating (18 votes)
- Bedtime III: My Fears Realised ★ 9.28 Rating (18 votes)
- My Face ★ 9.28 Rating (18 votes)
Normally you sleep soundly, but the thunderstorm raging outside is stirring you from your sleep. You begin to doze, then another crash jolts you awake. The cycle lasts most of the night. So you lay there, eyes open and outward, looking at your room stretching out before you in oblong shadows. Your eyes move from nameless object, to object, until you reach your mirror, sitting adjacent to you across the room.
Suddenly a flash of lighting, and the mirror flickers in illumination. For a scant second the mirror revels to you dozens of faces, silhouettes within its frame, mouths open and eyes blackened. They stare out at you, their black pupils fixed upon your face.
Then it is done. Are you sure of what you have seen? Unsettled, you don’t sleep for the rest of the evening. The next morning you remove the mirror from your wall and toss it in the trash. It didn’t matter if the vision you had seen was of truth or falsehood, you wanted to be rid of that mirror. In fact, you scrap every mirror in your house.
Weeks pass and the event of that night falls into passive memory. You are spending the day at a friend’s house and it’s time to use the bathroom. While you are in there the faucet starts to run without you prompting it. Taken aback by this, you do not yet act, trying to reason with your paranoia in your mind. The water starts to steam and a skin of moisture covers the mirror up above. You’re watching intently as words form: “Please return the mirrors. We miss watching you sleep at night.”