Advertisement
Please wait...

The Missed Call



Estimated reading time — < 1 minute

A strange ringtone plays on your cell phone, you reach for it but whoever it was must have hung up, a wrong number maybe. You look at the phone anyway. You’ve missed a call. You listen to it. When you put the phone to your ear. Suddenly you hear a scream of pain, you toss the cell across the room, but you can still hear it.

When you finally pick the phone up you see who the call was from, you realize who’s voice it was.

Advertisements

Yours.

Advertisements
Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

57 thoughts on “The Missed Call”

  1. little miss black cat

    Ooo I heard this one you pick up you’re phone when that ringtone comes on and when you hear the scream you die the same way the scream happened in 24 hrs

  2. THEN WHO WAS RINGTONE?
    It was nice and short, but it didn’t seem very original. Seriously, I wouldn’t call myself if I knew it would scare the crap out of me.

  3. LOL I HAVE ONE.

    YOU WAKE UP CHAINED TO A PIPE IN A ROOM WITH A TAPE THAT SAYS “I WANT TO PLAY A GAME”

    THIS IS 100% OC, I MADE IT UP ALL BY MYSELF.

  4. It kinda reminds me ‘One missed call’ movie and Stephen King’s short story ‘Sorry, right number’.

  5. really what I think here is that when you pick up the phone, someone wounds you, making you scream but because of all the distraction going on you don’t notice the pain but you do notice the scream of pain

  6. @Dreamer, i think i read that book too! called Hell Phone, i read it like a 2 years ago i think, was pretty cool.

  7. Good idea, handled poorly.

    So at some point after you hear yourself scream on the phone, you get killed and then manage to get hold of yourself and phone yourself up, so why would you still be screaming when you’re phoned back if you apparently calmed down after being killed?

    The whole thing just falls apart.

  8. “You listen to it. When you put the phone to your ear. Suddenly you hear a scream of pain”

    Why are there so many pauses in this part? It’s ridiculous and makes it sound weird.

  9. “You’ve missed a call. You listen to it.” … haha what does this mean? theres nothing said about a voice mail.

    Indeed!

    Also, this was very cheesy

  10. “You’ve missed a call. You listen to it.” … haha what does this mean? theres nothing said about a voice mail.

    and hey #10, this was so not before the one missed call movie.

    1. Helpful Movie Watcher

      One Missed Call, When a Stranger/ Killer calls are three different movies. Albeit they are all about phones.

  11. Yeah, I think that’s the point. I like the one about the messages on the answering machine better.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top