MORE TOP RANKED STORIES WE THINK YOU'LL ENJOY:
- A Sailor Without Two Coins ★ 9.42 Rating (26 votes)
- The Favor – Part One ★ 9.35 Rating (20 votes)
- Red Lights ★ 9.33 Rating (21 votes)
- The Man Who Couldn’t See (My Guardian) ★ 9.33 Rating (18 votes)
- Interference ★ 9.31 Rating (16 votes)
- The Class ★ 9.29 Rating (17 votes)
- The Burned Photo – Part 2 ★ 9.29 Rating (48 votes)
- Bedtime III: My Fears Realised ★ 9.28 Rating (18 votes)
- Mr. Leaves ★ 9.27 Rating (30 votes)
- Oppression ★ 9.27 Rating (15 votes)
I watched the blood as it trickled across the slick wooden floor, as it began to hide under the furniture, as it began to spread and draw closer to me, inch by inch…
I was always a curious man… Was it wrong to peek? I thought not. Maybe I had been wrong… What good has come of this corpse that lay here before me? Yet, I have no regrets… I’ve regretted everything. I no longer wish to let myself become lost in such emotions. The deed has been done.
No, I must have been right. It was not wrong to peek… It was wrong to open the door as I have now. The door of knowledge has always been there, waiting for me… Who knew it could cause this? Still, I will carry on… This sudden insight is confusing. I will learn to master my knowledge…
The blood that has been shed by my hands is no longer relevant. Nothing in this physical realm is relevant. I must understand what is yet to be understood by any other being. I will be patient and carry on…
I let the blood reach me… I watched it while it dried and ceased its journey across this unfamiliar place. The blood’s journey was irrelevant, unlike what I must soon experience. I left him there, to make my own journeys across these many unfamiliar places…
Am I mad?
Possibly. Although… I could never quite say what madness was.
Credit To: Mitchell