Advertisement
Please wait...

Haunted Gaming: The Best Horror Video Games That Will Chill Your Bones



Estimated reading time — 3 minutes

Do you enjoy the spine-chilling fear you feel when watching horror movies? Do you also love playing video games? Then this list of scary video games is your best bet. From haunted houses to post-apocalyptic wastelands, there’s nothing quite like a good scare to get your adrenaline pumping. And with so many amazing horror games out there, it can be tough to decide which ones to play. 

That’s why we’ve put together a list of the top horror video games that are sure to give you nightmares (in the best way possible).

6 Horror Video Games That Will Keep You Up All Night

Ark: Survival Evolved

Ark: Survival Evolved is not typically considered to be a horror game, but it does have some horror elements to it and is one of the most intense video games. Players must scavenge for supplies and ward off hazardous animals while playing this survival game on an island overrun with dinosaurs.

Advertisements

The game’s tense atmosphere and the looming threat of danger can create a sense of fear and unease, which can be appealing to fans of horror games. For those looking to take their Ark experience to the next level,  https://battlelog.co/ is a website that offers hacks and cheats specifically designed for the game. With this website’s enhancements, players can get an edge on the competition, survive longer, and experience the game in a whole new way. But be sure to use these hacks and cheats responsibly and always play fairly and respectfully.

Resident Evil

Resident Evil is considered to be a classic and highly regarded horror video game franchise. It has been around since 1996 and has spawned numerous sequels and spin-offs. The game combines elements of survival horror, action, and puzzle-solving to create a tense and immersive experience. 

The video game is known for its iconic monsters and zombies, as well as its intricate storyline. If you’re a fan of horror video games, then this one is definitely worth checking out.

Dead by Daylight

Dead by Daylight is a fantastic choice if you’re looking for a scary game that is exciting and heart-pounding. Players can choose to play either a survivor attempting to flee a serial murderer or the attacker themselves attempting to track down their target in this multiplayer game. 

With its multiplayer component and stressful and suspenseful ambiance, the game offers a thrilling and engaging experience. The video game “Dead by Daylight” is one of the top horror video games that horror aficionados won’t want to skip because it has a vibrant community and frequent updates.

Advertisements

Outlast

In this first-person survival game, players take on the role of investigative journalist Miles Upshur as he explores an abandoned asylum, armed only with a camera and his wits. The game’s emphasis on stealth and hiding, rather than combat, creates a sense of vulnerability and helplessness that adds to the tension and fear. 

Advertisements

The game’s dark and gruesome atmosphere, coupled with its terrifying jump scares and unsettling sound effects, make for an unforgettable horror experience. That is why it is one of the top horror video games. If you’re brave enough to step into the asylum, “Outlast” is a game that will haunt you long after you turn off your console or PC.

SOMA

If you’re a fan of psychological horror games that mess with your mind, “SOMA” is a game that you won’t want to miss. SOMA is definitely among the top horror video games you will enjoy. In this first-person adventure game, players take on the role of Simon Jarrett as he awakens in an underwater research facility with no memory of how he got there.

The game’s immersive storytelling, coupled with its hauntingly exquisite visuals and sound design, creates a sense of unease and dread that stays with you long after you finish the game.

Advertisements

Little Nightmares

In this horror video game called “Little Nightmares,” players take on the role of a little girl named Six as she navigates through a world of twisted and grotesque creatures, all while trying to survive and escape. The game’s unique art style, combined with its atmospheric sound design and tense gameplay, creates a sense of dread and wonder that keeps you hooked from start to finish.

The use of symbolism and metaphors in Little Nightmares adds depth and meaning to the game, making it more than just a simple horror game. If you’re looking for a horror game that is both captivating and unsettling, Little Nightmares is a game that should be on your radar.

Final Thoughts

Well, that’s a wrap on our list of the top horror video games! Whether you’re a seasoned horror game veteran or a brave newbie, there’s something on this list to suit your taste. So gather some friends (or don’t, if you’re feeling particularly brave), grab your controller, and prepare to scream your lungs out.

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top