Advertisement
Please wait...

5 Creepy Places in Canada for Thrilling Adventures



Estimated reading time — 3 minutes

Canada is usually associated with beautiful landscapes, stunning cities, and a warm atmosphere. But little do people know that this picturesque environment hides dark stories of dangerous creatures and eerie tales. Yes, Canada is full of attractions that are considered haunted by the paranormal. Perhaps not surprisingly, horror enthusiasts find themselves fascinated by these creepy spots and aim to experience their spooky spirit.

If you’re among those people, you’ll undoubtedly enjoy exploring the top 5 haunted places in Canada that we’re about to discuss.

Marr Residence

Considering the number of haunted places in Canada, you won’t be surprised that Firkins House isn’t the only house where ghosts reside. In fact, Marr Residence is another one of those places in Canada where ghosts have been living for years. This time, there are two instead of three ghosts and one of them enjoys living in the basement. It’s an old man who tends to make rude comments towards women. Another ghost is a child who always stands in the horse’s front window and leaves an impression that he’s waiting for something.

Advertisements

The house was built in 1994 and initially, it was considered hospital territory. Interestingly, it’s the oldest house in Saskatoon that’s still standing in its original spot. 

2. Casino Regina

In general, horror lovers who enjoy thrilling adventures also find casinos and other entertainment establishments interesting. Whether you prefer playing free casino slot games for fun on Slotozilla online or placing bets on physical games, the thought of being at a haunted casino probably sounds exciting. Casino Regina is one of such casinos in Canada. It’s a part of the Canadian Pacific Railway train station, which turned into a casino in 1996.

Today, visitors occasionally witness plenty of paranormal activities on this spot. In particular, some people have figures of former train station employees who are no longer alive. Others have noticed strange women wandering around the building. And believe it or not, people even claim that some objects randomly disappear and reappear in the casino. That’s why horror seekers often consider this casino one of the best attractions in Canada. 

3. Waterfront Station

Let’s admit that train stations are the kind of places that can easily be haunted by supernatural creatures. Horror enthusiasts who enjoy exploring such places are well aware of haunted stations, such as Addiscombe Railway Station in England or Panteones Metro Station in Mexico. While Waterfront Station may not be as famous, this historic attraction is indeed among those places that are totally worth visiting if you’re looking for ghostly adventures.

Advertisements

Visitors to Waterfront Station in Canada have reported the apparition activity a number of times. Believe it or not, some people even avoid visiting this place altogether at night because of its spooky atmosphere. But if you’re brave enough to handle the ghosts of three old ladies who’re waiting for a train that never comes, then you should definitely give this spot a try.

4. Firkins House

Most of the time, even if you feel that the place is haunted by ghosts, it’s hard to detect the identity of these creatures. However, visitors to Firkins House know for sure that this house is haunted by 3 particular ghosts. Among them, the first one is a woman who wears a white dress. The second ghost is a young boy who’s ill and enjoys playing with a red ball in the house. The third one is the most terrifying of them all and it’s a ventriloquist doll that has the ability to move by itself. Other than its scary appearance, the ghost scares people by materializing inside cupboards and moving them. 

Advertisements

This haunted house is located in Fort Edmonton Park, Alberta. In 1911, it belonged to a newly married couple, Ashely and Blanche Firkins. Even after a century, the house still remains a mystery. 

Advertisements

5. Victoria Street

The last but not least haunted place in Canada is Victoria Street, which is a City of St. John’s heritage site. Don’t think that it’s a street entirely haunted by ghosts, though. In fact, Victoria Street is the name of a 3-storey wooden house built in the Second Empire style. 

The reason why it’s considered haunted is that people have noticed cigarette smokers randomly engaging in activities such as screaming and banging on doors. Despite the paranormal activities that happen in the house, people still enjoy visiting Victoria Street and taking stunning pictures around it.

Bottom Line

All things considered, exploring only these 5 places is enough to make you believe that Canada isn’t a harmless destination after all. Sometimes this country is all you need to relax and take pleasure in natural beauty. But at other times, you may get yourself involved in mysterious activities without even intending to. And if you’re up for it, consider visiting these haunted places when you’re in Canada and enjoy the unexpected. 

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top