MORE TOP RANKED STORIES WE THINK YOU'LL ENJOY:
- Pica ★ 8.6 Rating (20 votes)
- Bunk Bed ★ 9.24 Rating (21 votes)
- The Strange Case of Edmonson, Kentucky ★ 9.21 Rating (43 votes)
- Headspace ★ 9.2 Rating (10 votes)
- Breach ★ 9.17 Rating (18 votes)
- I Am Halloween ★ 9.17 Rating (12 votes)
- Ben: A True Story ★ 9.15 Rating (41 votes)
- The Sealed Building ★ 9.15 Rating (20 votes)
- The Man on Easter Island ★ 9.15 Rating (13 votes)
- The Musician ★ 9.15 Rating (20 votes)
- The Quiet Sky ★ 9.15 Rating (39 votes)
My name is often whispered, my memory abhorred,
My touch brings out the blisters, my skin is cracked and torn.
My eyes are small and heartless, just circles black as soot.
They blend into the darkness, for fear I’d wake you up.
I lurk beneath the shadows, forever out of sight – Am I a distant memory, or will you sleep tonight?
I can’t keep in the giggles, I gently stroke your cheek.
Your mind blocks out my presence,
above you while you sleep.
There’s nothing left between us,
I feel your beating heart.
Beside myself with bloodlust,
Where will I leave my mark?
I know you won’t forget me, but try hard as you might – Am I a distant memory, or will you sleep tonight?
And now I’m in no hurry, my fingers pierce your flesh.
Your screams cut through the silence,
but you have no time left.
You soon cry out for mercy, then death as relief.
I cackle til’ I leave you, a pile of broken meat.
There’s nothing left to save you, all love will fall to spite – Am I a distant memory, or will you sleep tonight?
My tongue mops up your fluids, I slowly lick my fangs.
My specter borne of hellflame, of which the angels sang.
I count them in their thousands, the years to empty years.
I’ll burn your soul to ashes- It’s pointless to feel fear.
Now if you plan to sleep my friend, at least leave on the light – Beware of distant memories, I Always Work At Night…
Credit To: Beefnuts