Advertisement
Please wait...

Scary Canadian Movies – 5 Hidden Gems of Horror Cinematography



Estimated reading time โ€” 3 minutes

Did you know that Canadian horror films represent some of the most captivating gems in horror cinematography? 

What sets Canadian horror apart is its distinctive signature โ€” handwriting that incorporates psychological torture and dread. Besides, Canadian horror films boast a rich history filled with iconic moments, terrifying monsters, and spine-chilling scenes.

Letโ€™s uncover the 5 hidden gems of Canadian horror cinematography that will leave an unforgettable impression on you.

1. Afflicted

The first movie on our list takes found-footage horror to a new level. “Afflicted” features two friends who set out to travel the world, documenting their experiences through vlogs. However, their carefree adventure turns nightmarish when one of them begins to exhibit terrifying, unexplained symptoms.

As they look for answers, the stakes get higher, and the suspense becomes almost unbearable. Believe it or not, gambling enthusiasts in Canada often name this particular movie as one of the most beloved horror films. In fact, as many of them claim, the adrenaline rush is similar to hitting the jackpot at an online casino Canada. What makes “Afflicted” especially gripping is its perfect blend of traditional horror and modern, along with the first-person storytelling. This unique blend makes it a must-watch for anyone seeking a thrilling cinematic experience.

2. The Void

In this Canadian horror movie from 2015, a group of people are locked in a hospital while a faceless cult surrounds them. As a horn blows from the forest’s entirely dark depths, the cult’s actual objectives become increasingly obvious, and this nightmare gets even more horrific.

This horror movie from Canada is based on the notion that there are things in the universe that are so ancient and horrifying that they are unknowable to the human mind. The picture features several horrifying creatures with an excessive number of tentacles. The genuine effects employed in the film have produced some of the creepiest monsters to haunt the screen.

3. Skinamarink

Skinamarink emerges as another noteworthy addition to the Canadian horror film list. This innovative horror movie tells the story of a young brother and sister who find their home transforming into a nightmarish scene after their father mysteriously disappears. 

The movie masterfully plays on children’s irrational fears by using extended scenes that impressively portray the uncomfortable feelings that haunt every child’s worst nightmare featuring tortured images accompanied by spooky silence.

Advertisements

4. Ravenous

In 2017, a Canadian movie called Ravenous was released and some people even say it’s one of the best zombie movies ever made. The story is about a small countryside town where a creepy virus turns people into zombies who eat flesh. Only a few people are left alive in the rural areas because the apocalypse has already started.

These survivors spend their time shooting zombies and searching for supplies to stay alive. Eventually, a group of survivors gathers in one house to protect themselves when a big group of zombies is about to pass through their town.

As the story unfolds, fewer survivors remain because they start turning into zombies or turning against each other. What’s interesting is that the zombies in this movie do more than just attack โ€“ they start doing strange rituals. The violence in the movie is handled well, and it creates a thrilling and scary atmosphere.

Advertisements

5. The Dark Hours

A horror-mystery movie called The Dark Hours was released in 2005. Gordon Currie, Aidan Devine, and Katie Greenhouse were among the cast members under Paul Fox’s direction. In the narrative, Samantha, a psychiatrist, is dying of brain cancer. She intends to depart with her sister and husband on a vacation to relax and clear her mind. But fate would have a different plan, allowing a mentally ill patient to flee and take all of them captive.

The fact that Samantha provided medical care for this patient and that he is seeking retribution only makes the situation worse. What comes next is a torturous night filled with intense survival horror. The movie received praise from critics for its gruesome torture sequences and efficient cinematography. It has a brief running time that skips the introduction and dives right into the terror.

Final Thoughts

Perhaps the introduction of films presented in the article has already shaken your inner world, but the main thing is ahead of you as each of these Canadian movies promises you an unlimited amount of adrenaline!

In the process of watching any of these films, you may find that the brutality and dread characteristic of horror is enhanced by Canadian horror cinematography. So, gather your courage โ€” whether you’re watching alone or with friends, these films are guaranteed to deliver jump scares that will have you screaming in terror.

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top