MORE TOP RANKED STORIES WE THINK YOU'LL ENJOY:
- Charles Bonnet Syndrome ★ 9.52 Rating (31 votes)
- Psychosis ★ 9.17 Rating (19249 votes)
- Playpen ★ 9.16 Rating (139 votes)
- The Seer of Possibilities ★ 9.15 Rating (7452 votes)
- He Who Wanders ★ 9.15 Rating (394 votes)
- “Sasaeng” ★ 9.15 Rating (52 votes)
- Mr. Widemouth ★ 9.14 Rating (8717 votes)
- Bedtime ★ 9.14 Rating (11061 votes)
- The Fairies ★ 9.14 Rating (2183 votes)
- Ickbarr Bigelsteine ★ 9.13 Rating (2163 votes)
There it goes again. Something definitely moved this time. It was very brief, but out of the corner of your eye, you saw something. But wait. All the doors are locked, no pets, and your parents won’t get home until 10. So there’s no way something moved. It’s just your imagination getting the best of you. Sitting alone in your room, the only light emitting from the monitor of your computer, you stare into the darkness for several minutes. Just to be sure. Now you feel silly. What were you thinking? Of course there’s nothing there. What, are you 6? Go back to what you were doing.
15 minutes later, as you prepare to go to bed, you’re in the bathroom. The shower curtains shift. Wait… no. Stop spooking yourself. It’s just an overactive imagination, filling your head with what isn’t really there. You gaze into the mirror at yourself. You say it to yourself, slowly and clearly, “Imagination.” With a sigh, you turn the lights off and head towards your room.
Laying in bed, you stare at your ceiling, dark and foreboding, only the motion of a small fan disturbing the calmness of the night. A shadow from the light in the hall shifts. No. No, no, no. Stop it. It’s your imagination. Just that. Go to sleep, you fool.
But then, just when you’re about to drift off to sleep, at the phase no one remembers when they wake, you sense something in the darkness. It’s your imagination, leering down at you. With a jagged, macabre smile.