Advertisement
Please wait...

Annie



Estimated reading time — 7 minutes

Annie ran away again the other night. It took me hours to find her in the park, going back and forth on the swings without a care in the world, like she had every right to be there. And she dyed her hair again, blonde this time. I didn’t want to make a fuss with all those people around, so I caught her on the backswing and dragged her home kicking and screaming like a lunatic. It was humiliating: I had to smile and shrug at all the people staring like it didn’t bother me.

As soon as we were home, I sent Annie to her room. She just sat there on the bed, crying and crying. The way she carried on, I didn’t have the heart to yell at her for running away. I guess that’s the real problem, this lack of discipline. I’ve never been good at tough but fair. I’m always going too far one way or the other.

Like a few months ago when she came at me with the kitchen knife. For a minute I really thought she was trying to hurt me, my own sweet angel. But afterward she just lay there in my arms so quiet, letting me stroke her hair and sing her a lullaby, like nothing had ever happened.

But then there was that other time when she started messing around with my doll collection. They’re such fragile things, my dolls, and Annie was playing so rough like she wanted to break them. I love those dolls: they remind me of when everything was easier, when I wasn’t stuck in this house all day long with Annie’s tantrums and Bill’s moping. I got upset, and I hit her. I was so ashamed, when she ran away that night I didn’t go after her right away. I just stayed there, crying and feeling like the worst mother in the world.

I tried to be gentler after that, more understanding. So instead of getting cross with Annie, I let her stay in her room and cooked her some dinner. I turned up the TV real loud so I wouldn’t hear the racket she was making in there. She makes such a mess sometimes, and it makes me so angry, the way she breaks her things like she doesn’t even care about them anymore. I bought her a puppy once, but she wouldn’t even touch it, like she was scared of it. The very day I decided to take it back to the pet store, it vanished. I found Annie in the backyard, holding a little trowel, sitting on a pile of dirt. I helped her wash up and never mentioned it again.

I made her favorite food, macaroni and cheese, hoping it might calm her down. But as soon as I opened the door she slammed into me, trying to get past. I almost dropped the food everywhere wrestling with her like that. She had this wild look in her eyes, like an animal. It scared me, being alone in there with her when she was like that. I put the food on her desk and gently pushed her toward the chair.

“I made it just the way you like,” I told her, smiling and trying not to look as afraid as I felt.

She stared at me like she didn’t understand a word I was saying.

“Will you eat some of it?”

“I don’t want to,” she said. Her voice sounded strange, different than I’d ever heard it before. I hope I didn’t shudder. I didn’t want to upset her.

“Please, Annie, I’m very worried about you.”

“That’s not my name.”

She likes to change her name sometimes. It worries me. One day she’s Beth, the next day Irene. It’s just like her hair, she changes it every time she runs away. I get so scared that one day I won’t be able to find her, and the police won’t be able to help because I won’t know what she looks like or what she’s calling herself.

“Sweetheart, I’d really like you to eat a little bit. Just a little, please, for mommy.”

And then she said, with the meanest look on her face, “You’re not my mommy.”

It hurt so much. It felt like a stab to my heart. Tears welled up in my eyes before I could stop them, so I turned away. I heard her scramble onto the bed, her fingernails scratching like little claws on the posts. When I looked back, she had her back pressed against the corner of the room, legs drawn up to her chest, rocking back and forth. Staring at me with those wild animal eyes.

“I love you, Annie,” I said with as much dignity as I could manage. “But sometimes I just don’t know how to deal with your behavior.”

She screamed. Just this one long, loud, echoing screech, like a siren. Her mouth was wide open, but her face was blank. I covered my ears, got out of the room and closed the door behind me.

I had to collect myself before I could go see Bill. He’s been so odd lately, I don’t want to worry him anymore.

I got a second plate of the macaroni and brought it to the bedroom. That’s where he spent all his time, lying in bed.

“Honey, I made dinner.”

He didn’t answer, didn’t even roll over to look. I picked up the plate from this morning, the food on it untouched, and put the new one down where he could reach it.

“Annie’s back. I found her in the park. She’s pitching a fit in her room already.”

He must’ve heard the screaming. I always tried to keep her quiet, told her that daddy needed rest, but she never listened. Sometimes I wondered if he could even hear her. He never got up to see what was wrong.

I knelt beside the bed and looked into his eyes. He stared back at me, not saying a word. He’d been like ever since the first time Annie ran away. They’d been alone together. Then she had run off, and he’d stopped talking. He lay down in bed and never got up again. Lost his job, lost so much weight. He hardly even looked like the man I’d married.

Advertisements

I kissed him on the forehead and left. As I closed the door behind me, I thought I saw him start to get up, but I guess I must have imagined it.

Annie kept on with that awful screaming for hours. I stayed in the living room, sitting on our big three-person couch alone. I turned up the TV as loud as I could, played music, turned on the blender, tried everything I could to drown out the awful screaming. It was like nails being driven into my ears, like spiders crawling up my neck, like ice water splashing on my legs.

Finally it stopped. I thought maybe she’d finally tuckered herself out, but then the scratching started. That was almost worse. It started out quick, rhythmic, but it got slower as time went on. Sometimes Annie would make a noise, like she was crying again. I started to worry that she might be hurting herself, but I couldn’t get that awful thing she had said to me or that wild look in her eyes out of my head. I just stayed in the living room and tried to sleep.

I don’t know how it got to be like this. I’ve thought about taking her to a doctor, but they always give her these strange looks. It’s gotten to where I don’t dare to go to the same doctor twice: I’m afraid they might be thinking of taking her away from me, of doing something awful to her.

I’ve thought about calling in a priest. I know that must sound crazy, but the way she gets sometimes, like she doesn’t even know me, it scares me so much. She’ll call out to people who aren’t there, shout names I don’t know like they’re real people. And there was that business with the kitchen knife. It wasn’t the first time she’s tried to hurt me. She smuggles rocks into the house and tries to hit me with them when my back is turned. When she gets really wild she’ll bite and claw at me. Some days I start to wonder if she’s really my little girl, or something else, wearing her face, haunting me.

After a long time the scratching stopped and everything got quiet. I sighed with relief. The house is so much nicer when it’s quiet.

I looked at the clock and could hardly believe how late it was. She must have finally fallen asleep. When I looked over at her door, I saw the light still on through the cracks. Quiet as I could, I tiptoed over. I would just peek in, turn off the light. Maybe give her a little kiss good night.

I opened the door just a crack, but that was all it took. She slammed through, knocked me to the floor, and scrambled away.

“Annie stop!” I shouted. She was going right to our bedroom, making so much noise I was sure it would wake Bill up.

She shoved through our door and I ran after. But inside she was just standing there, staring at the bed.

“Sweetheart, daddy’s sleeping,” I hissed.

Advertisements

She started screaming again, even louder than before. She pointed at Bill and screamed and screamed. I shushed her, tried to tell her he was sleeping.

But she wouldn’t stop. She screamed and screamed. The sound pierced through me, tore apart every nerve in my body. I covered my ears and scratched at my face and soon I was screaming too, just as loud as she was. I took her up in my arms and we screamed together. I hugged her as tight as I could, squeezed her to me, wishing I could do something, anything to make it stop. I held her so close I could feel her heartbeat, how soft and quiet it was, growing quieter and quieter.

She stopped screaming, there in my arms, and soon I stopped too. I sank to my knees, holding my little girl in my arms, stroking her hair.

I don’t know how long we stayed like that. It was so dark in the bedroom.

I looked down at Annie, but it wasn’t Annie at all. I was holding one of my dolls.

I must have fallen asleep, holding her there, and she snuck away and put a doll in my arms instead. It was a funny doll, one I didn’t remember having. It had such lovely blonde hair.

I felt so silly, holding that doll like that for who knows how long. I got up and carried it to the closet where I keep the other dolls and laid it there. There were so many dolls, and they were all so big, I was starting to run out of room. But I couldn’t throw them out. They were so pretty, such lovely little dolls. They all looked different, but every single one reminded me of Annie.

I checked around the house, but she was gone. She must have been very upset, to run away twice in just two days. I got my coat on and got ready to go look for her again.

Before I left, I went back to the bedroom to check on Bill. Somehow all the noise hadn’t bothered him at all. I touched his forehead, but he didn’t seem any different. My fingers stuck a little bit, and there was some funny green stuff left on them afterward. I wiped it off on the bed and said goodbye.

It was such a lovely day outside. I took a deep breath of the fresh air. I love our house, but every once in a while I notice the worst smell in there.

Somewhere off in the distance, I heard the sound of children laughing. It was so nice to hear after all that awful noise last night. Maybe Annie thought so too. I followed the laughter.

Credit To – Gray

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

149 thoughts on “Annie”

  1. Pretty predictable with the dead father and kidnapped girl. What really surprised me was that the dolls were all dead, previously kidnapped girls. That there set this pasta’s rating at 10/10

  2. This was amazing. Kind of predictable. I figured it out before the ending. But it was very well written. I would love to see more of your writing.

  3. what the heck it was a strange story Annie turned into the doll how is this story scary.please someone explain how this is scary.

  4. This story kind of reminds me of The house at the end of the street. Its close to the same story line with just a few tweeked details. It was still pretty etertaining though.

  5. Yuno Gasai Tokisaki

    So the mom is in some sort of a psycho? or she just lost her mind for losing the real Annie and starts kidnapping children from the park? And she thought those corpses are her dolls?? ohhh I get it now..
    I thought Annie is the one in some sort of mental disease

  6. I get it, she’s like mental, and she thinks her dolls are Annie. Each doll is different, just like everytime Annie runs away, she is different. She is thinking that the Annie is the one misbehaving, but that’s the one part I don’t understand. Is the mother the one who is actually screaming or is it, the dolls?

  7. I actually thought that the mother was a good mother and “Annie” was a spoiled brat. But after reading the comments, I stood corrected. Hahaha It was actually a bit opposite from what I thought. And I thought Bill had some disease or something XD Great story :)

  8. This reminds me of house at the end of the street….she probably lost Annie a long time ago…and the dolls are all the dead girls shes kidnapped trying to get Annie back.Just like Ryan tried to get CarrieAnn back…it was pretty good…..

  9. Took me a while to piece it together. I thought the dolls were coming to life and killed Annie. A Annie killed the husband and the dog. If I were the narrator I would pack some clothes and money and leave the house and never return. Let someone else deal with all the dead bodies.

  10. I feel like the mom is a lady who stole Annie and had mental problems after her daughter died.she kidnapped the girls to raise them as her own,but when they disobeyed she locked them up,leaving them to die.the puppy was dead,thus the reason Annie buried it,and when she screams at the man,it is because the mother killed him and Annie was too scared to actually tell the mom.in the end Annie gets back to her real family.

  11. I absolutely adored it. My thought on the dead puppy, however, is that the mother found (killed, perhaps?) a puppy and have this puppy corpse to Annie, who, when the mother was gone, buried said puppy corpse. That’s just my two cents.

  12. The woman either had a daughter named Annie and she died or the woman is delusional. In either case, she abducts girls believing them to be Annie and then smothers them to death and refers to their dead bodies as “dolls”. Her husband’s rotting body remains in the bed, and the crazy bitch peels some of the skin off his forehead when her fingertips stick to it. She then goes outside to scout for a new “Annie” after she’s killed the blonde girl.

  13. To those who don’t understand. The “dolls” are actually all the dead girls she’s kidnapped, thinking they are her Annie. I presume Annie was her daughter that died or ran away and never came back. Perhaps she had a miscarriage or something to that effect. That possibly drove her to develop schizophrenic symptoms like thinking the dead girls are “dolls” and her dead husband is just “sleeping”. The part about the dog was probably just emphasizing the fact that “Annie” is always rebelling. Most likely because she doesn’t like being kidnapped. TL;DR Annie isn’t her daughter, nor is her name Annie. Husband is dead. All the dolls are dead kidnapped “Annies”. Horrible smell is rotting flesh. Mother possibly has schizophrenia or some other mental illness due to a traumatic event in the past regarding the real Annie.

    1. so that’s why she says every time ‘Annie’ runs away she dyes her hair and changes her name? And her flipping out and saying shes not her mother is because she really isn’t? >:? sorry for so many questions i’m just confused…

  14. The first paragraph isn’t very subtle to anyone with half a brain. I knew how it was going to end immidiately.
    It was well written though, and I enjoyed it.

  15. She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named

    To my understanding, Bill killed Annie, and I don’t know, hid her body somewhere? and then committed suicide in his bed. His wife became mad, kidnapping little girls, convincing herself that they are her “Annie”, and then when they died keeping them in her room as her “dolls”. A very vague pasta, but it adds a nice touch to the mystery. 9.5/10 overall, just needs a bit more detail.

  16. So, in my understanding Annie died along with her father. The mother went insane and abducts girls Annie’s age and convinces herself they’re Annie, and still believes the father is alive. But I still don’t get the part about the puppy.

  17. K. I figured it all out as I was reading. Dead Bill, kidnappend Annie’s, dolls are dead, previous Annie’s, but can someon please explain the dog?

  18. Okay, so this is what happened. The mom is crazy and the dad is dead. They one had a daughter named Annie, but the father and possibly the mother was abusive. One day, Annie snapped and killed the dad, then this happened. “Like a few months ago when she came at me with the kitchen knife. For a minute I really thought she was trying to hurt me, my own sweet angel. But afterward she just lay there in my arms so quiet, letting me stroke her hair and sing her a lullaby, like nothing had ever happened”. I’m guessing the mother choked her. Since the mom is crazy,she played it off as Annie running away and she would abduct girls who would look somewhat like her. The dolls are the dead girls corpses and I’m guessing the puppy was already dead when the mom tried giving it to ‘Annie’, which is why you read about her burying it.

  19. Amazing pasta. I loved it.
    Everyone has already explained everything that needed explaining, except for one part. The dead puppy. I feel like there was no need for that in the story, since it has nothing to do with all of the “Annies”. But in my attempt to add some sense to it..
    The woman is crazy, as we can see, so maybe it wasn’t Annie burying a dog.. But really herself burying the original Annie. & in her head she copes by believing it’s Annie burying a puppy.
    Does that make any sense?

  20. I understand this now! So the mom probably accidentally killed the first Annie and went insane, then she killed Bill too because he saw her kill Annie, then she went around stealing little girls about the same size as Annie, as hinted at with the different hair. I also think that she just found that dog on the streets, and it had rabies, which is why one of the Annie’s didn’t want to touch it and killed it. The other one saw Bill lying dead in bed, and she freaked out. The mom doesn’t like it when the girls scream because she thinks that the authorities will come and find the doll corpses, so then she hugs them to death and boom! A new doll is in the collection. This is my opinion, though.

    1. To me there was no dog. It was the mother’s way of coping with the fact that she killed the original Annie. In her head, she sees Annie burying a puppy which suggests that she killed. However, since she is crazy, she is remembering that instead of herself killing and burying Annie.

      Or I’m just trying to find sense into this.

  21. Okay, so from what I gather, The REAL Annie was a sociopath daughter. She was alone with the father and then killed him and ran off for reasons unknown. That’s why he stopped talking the first time she ran away. She’s been kidnapping girls and calling them Annie. When she kills them, she adds them to her “doll” collection or collection of corpses. The only thing I don’t really understand 100% is the puppy bit. Was that the sociopath Annie that killed her own father? Cause if it wasn’t foreshadowing to that, then I have no idea why a kidnapped child would kill a dog and stay in her captors backyard. So I’m thinking it was foreshadowing to the actual Annie’s sociopathy. That’s about it I guess..

    I loved picking it apart and putting together the pieces on my own. As some had said, it doesn’t really have the suspense vibe, but I think it’s creepy hearing the point of view of a psychotic madwoman. 10/10

  22. It took me a minuet lol I even had to read the comments but I eventually found it out! Yummy pasta!! I hope Grey does some more~

  23. Still not fully understanding the puppy part.. Did she give her a dead one or did she present it already burried..? Other than that, enjoyed the story down to the very last word. You sort of go ‘Ohhhhhh’ when you piece it together :)

    1. I think that was a story from the original Annie.. the actual one. Considering she seemed to have killed her father, her killing a puppy and trying to hide it would be a good way to foreshadow the crazy daughter murdering Daddy and running away (“the first time”). Like Mother, Like Daughter I guess…

  24. I’ve never read a pasta like this one, and the ending was DEFINENTLY a slap in the face. I was expecting evil possessed child – well written, tasty pasta. Great job.

  25. The ending surprised me a bit, but good story :D I didn’t get it really until I read the comments. At first I thought “Annie” was going through an exorcism lol.

  26. Honestly, this is one of my favorite pastas. Some say it was predictable, and it may have been, but I thought it was pretty well thought out. I LOVED the way it went inside the mother’s head, and you could just tell something was off. The way she told the story had just the right amount of mania, just the right amount off to know that the problem was caused by her all along. 10/10

  27. I’ll say, one of the best I’ve read in awhile. I was afraid once you mentioned the “priest” bit you’d go down that terrible terrible demon road.

    I’ll give particular props to how it was written, that is from the perspective of the deranged killer; while many unsuccessful writers would make the thoughts all crazy and jumbled and incredibly cliché, you made it the other way around, that is us believing it is the killer who was the sane one.

    I’m still hitting myself for not realizing those “DUUUUH” foreshadowing moments (“That’s not my name”, “You’re not my mommy”, “the dolls are so big”), which you perfectly masked by writing as if she was a stressed mother dealing with a bratty psychotic child.

    I could say so much more but I’ll end by saying awesome job. Although not particularly polished where it could be a masterpiece, it’s still a damn freakin’ good original story that’ll stick to my mind for a long time. Well done!

  28. I really enjoyed this Pasta. The depiction of the psychosis of the narrator was so brilliantly underscored by her theory that everyone else around her (Annie and Bill) were mentally unstable. It’s like Mommie Dearest only homicidal. Very yummy Pasta; will eat again!

  29. Oh I get it now. That’s why “Annie” attacked her mother and why she yelled a lot. It was the other girls trying to get away and scream for help. And when the mother held “Annie” so hard she turned into the dolls, she killed the kidnapped girl.

  30. Can someone please explain the part with the dog? I think that the entire story is ingenious, I just don’t understand why she buried the dog.

  31. I really liked this. I thought I understood it and happily read in the comments that others got the same idea. Bravo! This was very very creepy. God Bless!

  32. Maybe I start getting annoying here, but after all I have to compliment the author. Every one is things about this, what’s real and what’s just imagination (framed on the story of course). Like many others here I agree that some more information would have helped to clearify that but I like the story the way it is. “Annie” is definetly one of the better stories here, over all i liked it!

  33. Doi, Annie is dead and the mom is snatching young girls (with different hair color and names) and pretending they’re her. Then stashing the bodies in her closet phewwwwee

  34. For those who don’t understand perfectly let me sum it up.
    The mother of Annie abducts girls under the presumption that her victims are Annie. It is not actually expressed what happened to Annie but you can presume she is dead by the fact that the dad is also dead. The “dolls that the mother wakes up holding is the smothered body of her latest victim, thus adding another doll to her collection.

  35. whta happened was mom killed dad the doll colection are kids who she thought were annie and annie is a kid she stole and keeps stealing though could have had aback story like how did the mom lose it and kill everybody

  36. Some people really didn’t get this? What the hell are you doing reading pastas, if you don’t “get” something like this?

    Here, let me spell it out for you.

    The father, Bill and the daughter, Annie died together. The mother, the narrator, couldn’t accept this fact and just went on with her life, living with the rotting corpse of her husband and thinking that Annie just ran off. She went out and “found” her daughter, who of course wasn’t really her daughter but some other girl (hence the new name and haircolor). The abducted girls kept dying too, but the narrator always just told herself that her daughter ran away. Her “dolls” were the dead bodies of the little girls. That’s why the last girl, the blonde won sort of “turned into a doll” in her arms. At the end she went out again to look for “Annie”.

  37. Annie was a abducted girl. The woman is probably suffering from some sort of psychosis or mental illness. He husband is dead. She abducts children and keeps them in her house thinking its her daughter. The dolls she is keeping in her closet is, probably, corpses from earlier abductions

  38. Vagueness is important to a pasta like this, because it makes the reveal at the end be effective, but I think you were a little TOO vague. It’s hard to tell what actually happened and what was only in the narrator’s mind, even when you reread it a few times.

    For instance, my understanding is that “Annie” really existed, that something happened where she died (or ran away?) and her mother went insane, kidnapping other little girls and telling herself they were Annie, stacking their bodies in the closet pretending they were dolls after she killed them (smothered them to death?). And the husband’s been dead for a while, too.

    But what happened to the real Annie? It says she and the father were “alone together” — was there sexual abuse and she killed him, and vice versa? Were the dolls ever a real collection of the mother or were they just human bodies from the beginning? The various “Annies” screaming all the time would be truthful, you’d expect, since they’re kidnapped children, but the way it’s written it seems to be more in the mind of the mother than a real thing, but you just can’t tell.

    I think there needed to be a few more hints and details about the real nature of things, because as it stands now, it’s too unclear.

  39. To clarify for everyone who, “didn’t get it”. The girl Annie died or ran away, but the womans coping mechanism was by forcing herself to see her collection of dolls as her daughter, just with different looks, hence why “Annie dyed her hair” and why the dolls all had different hair colours, also the major hint was when she fell asleep holding Annie near the end of the pasta, she woke up with a doll with the same coloured hair that Annie had been previously described wearing.

    1. Dude, I don’t think so. I thought about this a few times and everything makes much more sense with the hi-jacking-theory. The thing with the screams, when they are looked in annie’s room and “You are not my mother” or the thing with the knife. When the children she hi-jacked died than they became her dolls, that’s the reason why the dolls rememberes her of Annie. Well, the thesis about the dolls explains, why no one is reacting. Maybe it’s a little odd if someone is pulling a doll from the park to his house, but not this odd how it would be with a crying girl screaming for help. Finally there are evidences for both thesis, but I tend to the kidnapping one ;-)

  40. The way that you write this story reminds me of the way Christopher Nolan wrote Inception. You appreciate that an audience doesnt just want to be spoonfed everything, and that a good story doesnt neccesarily have a clear explanation. On a story writing level, one of the best I’ve read on here.

  41. It was a pretty tasty pasta. Not the best but still good. You did a great job building up the Annie character, but it is still kind of overdone. Another thing is that the ending was totally predictable. You could serif coming a mile away, but still a good pasta

  42. I liked the story, even though I didnt really understand the ending, I think I have an idea of what happened, but Im still not really clear, over all great story :)

  43. I cannot tell if the people saying they don’t get it are being sarcastic, or if I am just far too used to horror stories, because it seemed obvious from the start that this woman is abducting children, and Bill is dead… and she calls the corpses dolls.

    I liked it well enough, but think some more could be done to improve it, such as how Bill died, and explaining how no one has yet to come looking for this woman who keeps taking children from the park. If their parents don’t see it, wouldn’t they still be looking for the child later, and ask around? It states in the story that a lot of people stare.

    Over all, though, the writing was good.

  44. Hellooo can someone explain the ending!?
    It has been asked a couple of times already and nobody cares, obviously. Thanks in advance oke.

  45. The dad is dead and the mother’s a psycho who lost her daughter and abducts children then kills them. There is so much of the bodies already that she runs out of room… And there is the smell… And no cops anywhere… Suuuuuuurrreeeeeee….

  46. I am not sure if I get all those annie thing. So Bill is dead, that’s for sure. But who is annie? Is the mother kidnapping other children or are those children just her dolls. If “annie” is a bunch of different children than it would explain, why they scream over and over again and why they run away, put what’s the thing with the knife and the doll in her arms at the end? Pls somebody explain this to me.

  47. I really, really enjoyed it. I had suspicions of where this was going, but it could’ve gone a few different ways. I was very satisfied with this, you almost feel bad for the mother. I gave it a 10/10.

  48. Ok. I get the woman in delusion part; her husband is clearly dead and rotting. She abducts little girls to replace Annie, her daughter who either ran away or her husband did something to. Not too clear on which though. Now, are the “dolls” the dead bodies of the girls? Or does she make dolls that look like the little girls she abducts/kills?

  49. My guess is that Bill is dead, and the protaganist is crazy, thinking that her dolls look like Annie, how may also be dead. The dolls explain how “Annie” dyes her hair every time she runs away.

  50. The way I read it the mother was kidnapping children and “hugging” them to death. After they died they became part of her doll collection. Good read overall.

  51. Taking a “predictable” story and making it something this polished is no easy feat. Well written and intriguing to the end. I enjoyed this immensely!

  52. Nice story but I didn’t get a lot of things what happened to the person telling the story?
    What did she do to her husband? &
    WHO WAS ANNIE?

  53. I guessed the Annie part when you mentioned the hair dying, then second guessed myself when you were talking about getting a priest. The dad part was quite obvious. Overall, a refreshing, sickening pasta. 9/10.

  54. Pretty good pasta, I have to say. I like how you try to make it seem like there’s something wrong with the daughter the entire time to distract the reader from what’s actually going on. Although, it might have been a good idea to leave out the part in the beginning about how the little girl dyed her hair every time she ran away, as that made the rest of the story a bit predictable.

  55. It took me a few moments, but i get it… this is a story that really causes you to think…
    To you all who doesn’t get it, read it again… It’s more fulfilling to get it on your own than to wait until someone tells you.

  56. but WHO WAS ANNIE? lol. no for real though, i dont understand this story… i did like it though..i just can’t seem the put together the ending.

      1. I think you’ll find that you’re wrong with that, mate. The “dolls” are actually the dead bodies of the previous “Annies,” hence the part about the girl’s heartbeat getting weaker and weaker. The mother didn’t turn the girl into a doll, she strangled her to death.

    1. From what I gathered the father died and her daughter is gone. So she kidnaps children because they remind her of her daughter Annie. But each time the girl dies and she confuses them for her “dolls” so she thinks her daughter ran away and goes off to find a new kid to kidnap

  57. Not too creepy, but I really, thoroughly enjoyed this story!! Glad you didn’t spell everything out exactly. It was more fun connecting the dots myself! Thanks! 9/10, losing 1 just because it wasn’t overly creepy :) Well done.

  58. Then Who Was...nevermind o.O

    I would like to make a pointless note that I was eating when I got to the part about the green residue on her fingers and I sort of stopped chewing for a second….

    But this story is well written and very good. Post more!

  59. I must stay, this was very well put together. With the way it was written it was not clear right from the start how it would go, or how it would end, though I had a slight suspiscion once the husband was spoke of. I have no real criticism for this story, and I hope that you continue to write. I give this a well earned 8 out of 10.

    I hope to see you again, Gray.

  60. This was really well done and a very interesting read. I was wondering if someone could just tell me what happened at the end? I don’t really understand the ending but nonetheless, it was very nicely written! :)

    1. So the mom kidnaps girls and calls them “Annie” this may derive from her losing her child, and attempting to replace her with other children she kidnaps. Hence, hr hair changing, not wanting to be called “Annie” and saying “Your not my mommy”

      Oh yea, the husband, Bill, is dead :P

    1. SPOILER-SPOILER-SPOILER

      ‘annie’ are various girls the mother has abducted, her husband is dead (duh). she strangles the girl and puts her in the closet with the other girls she has taken 7 killed.

    2. There was no ‘Annie’, she’d been kidnapping different girls from the park every day – that’s why she thought Annie was changing her names and hair color, and why she said “you’re not my mother” and “I’m not Annie”, and why she looked so wild and tried to escape. Oh, and the husband is a dead guy.

  61. I saw that it wasn’t really Annie in the first paragraph and that the dad was dead when she first mentioned him. The idea was good but it could have used some back story of how the dad died even if the mother thinks he survived it.
    A good pasta, just a little undercooked and needing some seasoning.

    1. The dad most likely died because “the first time Annie ran away” was probably her real daughter that she was abusing and bill was abusing also and the real Annie lashed out and killed Bill, but then the mother killed the real Annie

    1. She was some crazy woman who killed her daughter (maybe) & now takes random girls her age keeps them in her house until they run away,die or she kills them & they are the dolls in her closet thats why the dying hair & changing name bit I don’t get what happened to her husband though

    2. The mother is insane, and a serial killer. Somehow Bill died, perhaps killed by one of the Annie girls.

      “Annie” is not a single girl. She is the name given by the mother to the girls she keeps abducting and dragging home. When she kills them, they become her “dolls” and she goes and gets a new Annie. That’s why Annie’s hair keeps changing color, and why she acts so “crazy” to her mother.

      Bill we know is dead because he never moves, and they’re all starting to rot, which is the terrible smell she’s noticing.

    3. It’s like the movie Last House On The Left, her husband Bill is dead and she is just kidnapping girls and convincing herself they’re Annie. They’re all different people. The only confusing part is the very end with the dolls.

    1. The Killer Known As Jeff

      The woman’s husband is dead. The girl really isn’t her daughter. In fact, all the “dolls” she has are really girls that she kidnapped, thinking they were her daughter Annie. They eventually died and she kept the bodies. I feel like I worded it weird but I hope this gives you a good summary, haha.

  62. It took me a moment at the end to put it all together. This was a really good story actually, I highly enjoyed it. Very nice.

    1. I have to agree. But this type of story seems really overplayed in my opinion. I mean I get that if manipulated properly it has a really good creepy effect but, although this pasta was tolerable and left room for imagination throughout, I’ve read many pastas similar and it really took away from the ending slap to the face. It became a mere nudge.

        1. TheMysteriousDolphin

          Ok, so basically “Annie” is another kid who isn’t hers. She goes to the first kid she sees, takes them home because she thinks that they’re Annie, and they start screaming and scratching and attacking her and stuff. She then accidentally turns them into dolls and thinks that Annie has run away. Then it repeats, over and over again.

      1. Annie is a seriese if kidnappd girls and bill is dead, and all the dolls are dead Annies and the terrible smell is rotting flesh.

      2. I believe her husband is dead[although it makes it appear as if he’s not]and the protagonist kidnaps little girls[thinking there her child who she maybe killed] and pretends they are her ”Annie”In my opinion,this type of story is played out a bit,I find that it’s very easy to identify key points in the story right away,although it is well written.Still a good story though.

    2. Really clever, I didn’t get it till I read the comments but once I re read it, whoever wrote it seemed like a genius! I just don’t get the part with ‘Annie’ burying te puppy..

      1. JezebellinHell

        My best guess is that she gave her a dead dog. And the little girl was understandably horrified but then buried the animal in the back yard out of respect. But I’m not completely sure either.

    3. I didn’t get it till I read the comments but once I re read it, it was much better! I just don’t get the part with ‘Annie’ burying the puppy..

    4. I loved this pasta! I still don’t really understand the part with the dog but I was second guessing myself the entire time! Thank you for sharing :)

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top