MORE TOP RANKED STORIES WE THINK YOU'LL ENJOY:
- Psychosis ★ 9.16 Rating (19283 votes)
- He Who Wanders ★ 9.15 Rating (420 votes)
- Bedtime ★ 9.14 Rating (11081 votes)
- The Seer of Possibilities ★ 9.14 Rating (7473 votes)
- Mr. Widemouth ★ 9.13 Rating (8742 votes)
- The Fairies ★ 9.13 Rating (2199 votes)
- Dear Abby ★ 9.12 Rating (2051 votes)
- In the Walls ★ 9.12 Rating (1745 votes)
- Ubloo, Part One ★ 9.12 Rating (1165 votes)
- The Perfectly Behaved Boy – A Dark Christmas Tale ★ 9.12 Rating (1051 votes)
My lilies are my most prized possession. Hand picked. I will only take the most supremely beautiful specimens. They must be white as an angel’s wings, and so soft and delicate to the touch that you must be careful of the harm you bring to them. Perhaps it is selfish of me to hoard them as I do. But as it is I who takes them first, it is I who shall enjoy them, their sweet, intoxicating scent and their soothing elegance.
To listen to the lily’s voice is to hear the sound of unrestrained magnificence, fine tuned to stir the soul into a passionate uproar. It is for this reason that I keep my lilies, one dozen at a time, at all times. I must hear the cry of my recherché beauties, bear witness to their bleeding, revel in the need they have for me. At first, even I, pious as I am, questioned this desire, but finding the answer proved such a splendor in its own rite. It is seeing my lilies weakened into such a state that I am all they have left, as they are all I have left, that I derive a satisfaction indescribable to one who has not experienced it themselves. But nothing is perfect forever. One of my lilies has wilted. I must be off immediately to replace her.
Credited to Poizn.