Advertisement
Please wait...

The Eisenhower Interstate Phenomena



Estimated reading time — 2 minutes

Little known fact, is that the Eisenhower Interstate system is built over major leylines. Rumor has it, that if specific conditions are met, weird phenomena will occur.

Phenomena of the First

The first sign of this phenomenon is that you will lose ALL radio reception, and devices such as MP3 players, Discmen, tape decks and other music players will cease functioning. Your heater will begin to only dispense cold air, regardless of setting. after the first mile of this, you will notice a fog growing at the edges of the road, and you will see no exits, regardless of whether they were supposed to be there.

If you continue on, you will begin to see the occasional pedestrian. Some of them will gesture that they would like to hitch a ride. Under no circumstances should you stop for them, no one has ever stopped and survived. If you see lights approaching from behind, and it is a hearse, do NOT let it pass you. No matter what. After 13 miles, the phenomenon will end, and you will be safe.

Phenomena of the Second

Investigated by the witnesses after they read instructions they found in a book, left behind in a rest stop bathroom. Participants must mix a shot of whiskey, a drop of their own blood (One drop for each participant), a pinch of salt, and a small amount of used engine oil. Mix with water from a rest stop fountain in a glass bottle, and smash it on the interstate in the evening or morning. If the instructions were followed correctly, the way will become densely foggy. An unmarked exit will appear, and if you pass it by, it will be closed to you for six years. If you take the exit, go left and under the interstate.

Advertisements

Half a mile down the road, is an old gas station. Inside, it is said that a full glass the coffee sold there, will keep you awake all night, and the other food and beverages are purported to have various properties themselves.

Pay the proprietor only in metal coinage, no bills, no checks, no cards. There are also some arcade machines near the back of the store, as well as an old fortune telling wizard in a glass case. He knows how you will die. Accept no sexual favors that are offered to you while there, and do not anger anyone. Your life depends upon it.

Advertisements

—–
Something really weird happened with this post. Originally, it had the entire thing AND comments (I remember approving like three comments on this entry when it was first posted), but apparently at some point that changed and half the post went missing and the comments got closed. It also lost its category, making it the only thing in the “uncategorized” section that previously didn’t exist. I have no idea when or how, and didn’t even notice until someone in the Pawn Shop Puzzle comment section pointed it out.

creepypasta.com is HAUNTED.

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

49 thoughts on “The Eisenhower Interstate Phenomena”

  1. this story was good. not enough to make me scared but good. also i have heard of other stories being changed and parts being removed

  2. My question: how much is “a small amount” of engine oil?

    Shot of whiskey. Pinch of salt. Drop of blood. Somewhat open to interpretation, except the shot (and even then, depending on your drinking habits…) but even so. And all of those are small amounts, but semi-specific. Is a small amount a drop? Another shot? (A shot of engine oil… Interesting thought)

    But how much?

  3. How can a website be haunted? Normally a haunting requires someone to die in the area… I don’t think you can die in a website.

    Odds are: the OP is haunted and the file was tampered with.

    Or more rationally: one of the admins of the site changed it to mess with people.

    But still. Pretty cool.

  4. I just had to reload the page several times to get the rest of the story to come up. Not that the whole thing is there anyhow, but it was creepy. Everytime i reloaded it, only one more word would show up. Really creepy. Maybe creepypasta really is haunted

  5. FINALLY! A creepypasta mentioning ley-lines. I thought I was the only freak who thought the idea is cool. I love you now, Miss Who Was Phone. *-*

    Btw: Have some Internets

  6. I find it rather fascinating, if it is at all true then it honestly is an intriguing string of occurrences. Also, the disappearance of the rest of the post is quite unsettling. I mean, why leave the beginning and reclaim the end? That seems like a bit of a tease to me. If it was the work of some entity that is haunting this site then that ‘entity’ is trying to pique our curiosity to the maximum.

  7. Random Hitchhicker

    From now on i’m going to get pissed at people who don’t stop for me, so either way you die. :)

  8. Proprietor of the Gas Station

    It isn’t that you get cursed if you accept the favours. It’s just that I wouldn’t doubt if they had every STD known to man

  9. So wait.
    Story begins with The Mist, Silent Hill, and 1408 rolled into one.

    Story continues with Silent Hill and a hint of Psycho and Big.

    10/10

  10. The ending that talks about what happened to this story (being randomly uncategorized) is more creepy than the story itself. Lame story is lame.

  11. Satanic herpes. Great.

    And since when did the devil start incorporating man made materials like engine oil? Used at that?

  12. woohoo! that waws awesome!!! not the story it’s self, but what happened… hahaha creepypasta being haunted, that would be funnies .

  13. Run over the pedestrians is not right but who am i to talk . this one scared me a little.And I really do not think that creepypasta ia haunted. but if it is I would be surprised. cause I am not scared if it is. I also know where I am going to go as an adult I will probably go to the eisenhower intersection just for the fun of it so thank you for the idea.

  14. I think I found out where I’m going for my vacation. I’m packing my trusty video game crowbar. JUST in case…

  15. Doesn't afraid of anything

    They’re all in the kitchen, making sandwiches.

    This was pretty cool stuff, and who’s to say that something like this has actually been done. I have the feeling that many old structures and building endeavours carry the stink of the occult about them. Such things were the subject of great scrutiny in the early 20th Century.

      1. the kitchen is where the knives are stored
        Do you want to be stabbed in the back for your sexist ways?

  16. What’s more creepy to me, is what happened with this article >.>

    @ Dark Poise: WHO WAS PHONE is a female, btw.

  17. Hello fellow creepypasta goers. now mr. WHO WAS PHONE i would greatly appreciate it if you would try your best to find the rest of this article and so you dont think im lazy i too will join you in this endeavor. if i come accross anything i will be sure to let you know. mean while il be setting up a trip to the interstate. farewell friends i do hope to speak to you again.

  18. What a curious thing to happen. Perhaps one day the rest will be recovered.

    In any case, this seems very probable. I would someday like to travel on this interstate, and see the phenomenon myself.

  19. Hey yeah, i do remember this pasta being different but i swear when i first read it, there was only one phenomena listed. I never knew about anymore of the pasta, and was sorta annoyed cus i was enjoying it at the time. Hmm creepypasta haunted aye…not sure if thats irony or just great, either way, it makes everything just that much more fun.

  20. It wouldn’t surprise me if this were true. the Eisenhower Interstate is, after all, the first highway network ever to be built, according to the sources I read. People tend to dabble in things they ought not to dabble.

  21. Something really weird happened with this post. Originally, it had the entire thing AND comments (I remember approving like three comments on this entry when it was first posted), but apparently at some point that changed and half the post went missing and the comments got closed. I have no idea when or how, and didn’t even notice until someone in the Pawn Shop Puzzle comment section pointed it out.

    creepypasta.com is HAUNTED.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top