Advertisement
Please wait...

Seasonal Layout + Our Halloween Giveaway!



Estimated reading time — 4 minutes

NEW HALLOWEEN THEME

First, the obvious. Yes, we have a new layout going for Halloween! Consider it Creepypasta.com’s Halloween costume, if you will. I hope that everyone enjoys the look – it will definitely be up for a few weeks at least, and if the community likes it enough, we can easily keep it and just switch out the Halloween-themed banner for something less seasonal.

Just a few things of note about this current theme:

  • The mobile theme is unchanged – if you’re on a recognized mobile device, you should still see the mobile theme unless you click the “show desktop” link at the bottom of the page. The Halloween theme is a tad more responsive than our current theme, so please do give it a shot via mobile if you’re curious!
  • This should be obvious, but just in case: on the main page, you will only see the first 100 words of any post. Click the read more to view the full pasta and its comments section. I’ve been receiving a lot of requests for this kind of pruning on the main page, so I hope that this satisfies those of you who wanted a cleaner main page without sacrificing the ability to get at least some preliminary feel for the story before loading its individual page.
  • The movable cards (you should be able to easily drag them around in order to get a clearer view of each card’s content) should only display on the main page, and if you’re using a mobile device with a small enough screen, they won’t appear at all as they would make things a bit clunky-looking. I’m interested to hear what everyone thinks about the cards as a sort of “additional sticky” section – sometimes we end up with three or more sticky posts for whatever reason, and that always seems to confuse people who think having a few static posts means that there are no new posts below the stickies. This method will allow me to spotlight important posts (or featured pastas, another thing that’s been requested) without eating too much post real estate.
    • The “most recent video” card has to be manually updated, so please don’t be alarmed if it’s not immediately reflecting a new video post. I’m often sleeping when new posts go live, so I won’t be able to make that edit until I wake up and/or get home later that day.
    • Please also note that the recent video embed function only works with YouTube codes; that means that if you want your video pasta to end up on the card, it needs to be hosted on YouTube.
    • If you have ideas for other ways that we can use the cards, please let me know!
  • It’s my hope that the lighter post background + the dark scheme surrounding the post section will be a decent compromise between the two color-scheme camps. I get a few messages each month saying that the light grey on dark grey in the main theme is too hard on the eyes, but previous attempts to lighten things up were met with considerable resistance. Let me know what you think!

HALLOWEEN GIVEAWAY

This year’s Halloween giveaway doesn’t have the cohesive theme of last year’s “Dead Skull” raffle – rather, it’s just a collection of fun, Halloween-related items that I thought you guys might enjoy.

ONE winner will receive all of the following items:

  • One complete set of deadspiderhands’ Halloween Postcard Set. This set is now sold out, so here’s a chance to get your hands on what I think is an absolutely fantastic set of creepy artwork. This set is being raffled with deadspiderhands’ permission, though I did purchase the item myself.
  • One bag of World Market Brand Halloween Pasta – yes, it’s literally creepy pasta. Of course this is included in the prize package!
  • One Necco Zombie Food Candy Bar. Described as “a mix of creepy hand, feet and brain shaped chocolate pieces filled with blood red caramel”, this sounds really… appetizing.
  • One pair of Bleeding Drip Taper Candles. As these black candles burn, they will drip a dark-red wax that looks like blood! Last year I included a skull-shaped candle with the same blood-dripping wax and it was very popular in the comments. I wanted to give away another candle like this because it’s such a cool idea, but I didn’t want to beat a dead skull horse by giving out the exact same item.
  • One Bloody “BEWARE” Wall Art Decal.
  • …and some other small tricks and treats! Nothing big, but I wanted to include some surprise items in this prize package as well to simulate a Halloween goody bag!

HOW TO ENTER

Please use the widget at the bottom of this post. Note that the raffle widget may not display properly on mobile – if that is the case, you may enter at this link.

This contest is only open to people 18 years of age or older, and I will only ship to a mailing address in the USA or Canada. This is non-negotiable.

Advertisements

All entries WILL be checked over. This means that if you enter and say that you tweeted but didn’t send the required tweet, that entry will be void. If you enter and say you commented and I can’t confirm it, that entry will be void. DON’T BOTHER CHEATING BECAUSE THE WINNING ENTRY WILL BE CHECKED AND CONFIRMED MANUALLY. If you fake an entry or don’t follow the instructions, all you’ve done is waste your time.

I will choose a winner and contact them within 48 hours of the raffle’s end. If I don’t receive a response within 48 hours of my email, that person will have forfeited their prize and I will select a new winner. So if you enter, please make sure you give a correct email address and whitelist “Creepypasta” in your spam filter.

Advertisements
Advertisements

Good luck!

*There is one referral link present in this post. If you purchase anything through our referral links, thanks – the small kickbacks I get from referrals add up eventually and allow me to cover the expenses of things like this giveaway, so everyone who uses such links to buy things has my appreciation!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

60 thoughts on “Seasonal Layout + Our Halloween Giveaway!”

  1. I’ll be honest, I don’t really like the new layout…
    Not that it’s horrible, it’s just that it lags too much for me XD

  2. Hi, one more word about the new layout – I just realized that I haven’t read one full pasta since the new layout, for the scrolling takes too long, the columns are too narrow, and I really don’t like the white background. Frankly, I don’t like reading the pastas with the new, slow, too white layout, and I haven’t since…

    Just my two cents.

    Cheers, Doc

    1. True, i didnt like this layout at first, but after trying it, i found out that i hate it; i havent read in about two weeks, and i used to read everyday, i been entering the site once a week with hopes of change, but apparently this is going to stay, i dont understand how could any reader like this over the old layout…

  3. I love the Halloween layout, but it takes a while to load. Although, it is much easier to navigate than the original layout. I say keep it Halloween style!

  4. I love the Halloween layout, but it takes a while to load. Although, it is much easier to navigate than the original layout. I say keep it Halloween style!

  5. I love the Halloween layout, but it takes a while to load. Although, it is much easier to navigate than the original layout. I say keep it Halloween style!

  6. I love the Halloween layout, but it takes a while to load. Although, it is much easier to navigate than the original layout. I say keep it Halloween style!

  7. I love the new theme…..But i feel its a little to bright. Id love it if you went with a lighter faunt and a darker background.

  8. I love the new theme…..But i feel its a little to bright. Id love it if you went with a lighter faunt and a darker background.

  9. I love the new theme…..But i feel its a little to bright. Id love it if you went with a lighter faunt and a darker background.

  10. I love the new theme…..But i feel its a little to bright. Id love it if you went with a lighter faunt and a darker background.

  11. I think i like the classic layout better. It seems to take a story and jam it into one thin column. i feel like i am scrolling constantly to keep reading a story.

  12. I like the theme, and how you changed the main page, but I wish there was an easier way to get back to the main page without having to re-fresh or re-submit the page. When I hit my browser’s back button, it keeps asking me to re-submit the page. Is it possible to add a ‘home’ button? Thanks!

  13. I don’t mind the new theme for the PC, but it means I can no longer check the site on my ipod as the site won’t load now. :( It sorta starts and then automatically crashes, so I don’t even have the option of changing it to mobile. Ahh well, PC is it now. :P

  14. I’m loving the new Halloween theme! Those postcards are awesome, especially the one with the cat in it! I love cats! :)

  15. I think the theme is pretty cool, but it could be a little more creepier coming from CreepyPasta; just my honest opinion.

  16. the new theme is pretty good, a little glitchy but maybe just on my laptop. it’s a little overwhelming and i dont love the white background on the stories,but with a little tweaks and less distractions i think it may be something we’d like to stick around :p

  17. Please, NO! I can’t stand this layout – it is pretty much what Windows 8 UI was to that of Windows 7 – an attempt to fix something not broken (and I suppose, pretty polarising one too)

    1. Yeah, its true, everyone is saying they love it, but reading is extremely annoying now, i was hoping to read a lot in halloween, and now i am concerned that everyone likes it so much that this layout will stay.

  18. Hi there! As a long time reader I really like the new theme, and the graphics on top are beautiful! Anyway, I’d prefer white letters on a black background, as it is in the comments section. The way it is now it’s… too bright, too happy, and not scary enough… The less gimmicks this site has, the better (read: scarier) it is, in my opinion!

    And by the way: Thank you a lot for all the work you put in here! This site entertains me since years now, and it keeps getting better!

    Cheers, Doc

  19. ThisIsANameForAComment

    In addition to getting taken out by the loading, I’ve also lost my page number. Anyone know of the general dates for around page 200 in the old format?

    1. Posts per page changed from 6 to 20. You would probably be around page 60, allowing some difference for new posts published since the last time you visited.

      If posts per page ever change again, you can just figure out your spot using simple math :) Or you could keep note of the dates and browse using the archive function instead, or saving your spot via cookies in the various pasta indexes!

  20. I really like reading scary stories so creepypasta is a pretty cool site that I visit frequently. The halloween theme is cute!

  21. Hey guys!
    A- Thank you for making me a Beta reader, It’s great that you’ve gotten more involved with the community lately
    B- I definitely like the Halloween theme, however I prefer the ‘classic’ layout that you usually do.
    It’s simplistic and almost humbling. But anyways, the theme is perfect for Halloween. Thank you guys :D

  22. This halloween theme is AMAZING when i logged in i thought wowie this is so intresting i really like this i honestly think you should keep it up but once halloween is over you should design it with creepy pasta characters in my opinion but overall i think its a wonderful theme

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top