MORE TOP RANKED STORIES WE THINK YOU'LL ENJOY:
- The Ditch ★ 9.54 Rating (13 votes)
- Come and Play ★ 9.53 Rating (17 votes)
- Colorado Fishing Trip ★ 9.5 Rating (20 votes)
- Creak ★ 9.5 Rating (14 votes)
- The Maid ★ 9.47 Rating (15 votes)
- Ubloo, Part Five ★ 9.47 Rating (15 votes)
- Human Nature ★ 9.44 Rating (50 votes)
- Bedtime II: The Aftermath ★ 9.43 Rating (21 votes)
- Scratching ★ 9.43 Rating (21 votes)
- Nihil ★ 9.42 Rating (12 votes)
NEW HALLOWEEN THEME
First, the obvious. Yes, we have a new layout going for Halloween! Consider it Creepypasta.com’s Halloween costume, if you will. I hope that everyone enjoys the look – it will definitely be up for a few weeks at least, and if the community likes it enough, we can easily keep it and just switch out the Halloween-themed banner for something less seasonal.
Just a few things of note about this current theme:
- The mobile theme is unchanged – if you’re on a recognized mobile device, you should still see the mobile theme unless you click the “show desktop” link at the bottom of the page. The Halloween theme is a tad more responsive than our current theme, so please do give it a shot via mobile if you’re curious!
- This should be obvious, but just in case: on the main page, you will only see the first 100 words of any post. Click the read more to view the full pasta and its comments section. I’ve been receiving a lot of requests for this kind of pruning on the main page, so I hope that this satisfies those of you who wanted a cleaner main page without sacrificing the ability to get at least some preliminary feel for the story before loading its individual page.
- The movable cards (you should be able to easily drag them around in order to get a clearer view of each card’s content) should only display on the main page, and if you’re using a mobile device with a small enough screen, they won’t appear at all as they would make things a bit clunky-looking. I’m interested to hear what everyone thinks about the cards as a sort of “additional sticky” section – sometimes we end up with three or more sticky posts for whatever reason, and that always seems to confuse people who think having a few static posts means that there are no new posts below the stickies. This method will allow me to spotlight important posts (or featured pastas, another thing that’s been requested) without eating too much post real estate.
- The “most recent video” card has to be manually updated, so please don’t be alarmed if it’s not immediately reflecting a new video post. I’m often sleeping when new posts go live, so I won’t be able to make that edit until I wake up and/or get home later that day.
- Please also note that the recent video embed function only works with YouTube codes; that means that if you want your video pasta to end up on the card, it needs to be hosted on YouTube.
- If you have ideas for other ways that we can use the cards, please let me know!
- It’s my hope that the lighter post background + the dark scheme surrounding the post section will be a decent compromise between the two color-scheme camps. I get a few messages each month saying that the light grey on dark grey in the main theme is too hard on the eyes, but previous attempts to lighten things up were met with considerable resistance. Let me know what you think!
This year’s Halloween giveaway doesn’t have the cohesive theme of last year’s “Dead Skull” raffle – rather, it’s just a collection of fun, Halloween-related items that I thought you guys might enjoy.
ONE winner will receive all of the following items:
- One complete set of deadspiderhands’ Halloween Postcard Set. This set is now sold out, so here’s a chance to get your hands on what I think is an absolutely fantastic set of creepy artwork. This set is being raffled with deadspiderhands’ permission, though I did purchase the item myself.
- One bag of World Market Brand Halloween Pasta – yes, it’s literally creepy pasta. Of course this is included in the prize package!
- One Necco Zombie Food Candy Bar. Described as “a mix of creepy hand, feet and brain shaped chocolate pieces filled with blood red caramel”, this sounds really… appetizing.
- One pair of Bleeding Drip Taper Candles. As these black candles burn, they will drip a dark-red wax that looks like blood! Last year I included a skull-shaped candle with the same blood-dripping wax and it was very popular in the comments. I wanted to give away another candle like this because it’s such a cool idea, but I didn’t want to beat a dead
skullhorse by giving out the exact same item.
- One Bloody “BEWARE” Wall Art Decal.
- …and some other small tricks and treats! Nothing big, but I wanted to include some surprise items in this prize package as well to simulate a Halloween goody bag!
HOW TO ENTER
Please use the widget at the bottom of this post. Note that the raffle widget may not display properly on mobile – if that is the case, you may enter at this link.
This contest is only open to people 18 years of age or older, and I will only ship to a mailing address in the USA or Canada. This is non-negotiable.
All entries WILL be checked over. This means that if you enter and say that you tweeted but didn’t send the required tweet, that entry will be void. If you enter and say you commented and I can’t confirm it, that entry will be void. DON’T BOTHER CHEATING BECAUSE THE WINNING ENTRY WILL BE CHECKED AND CONFIRMED MANUALLY. If you fake an entry or don’t follow the instructions, all you’ve done is waste your time.
I will choose a winner and contact them within 48 hours of the raffle’s end. If I don’t receive a response within 48 hours of my email, that person will have forfeited their prize and I will select a new winner. So if you enter, please make sure you give a correct email address and whitelist “Creepypasta” in your spam filter.
*There is one referral link present in this post. If you purchase anything through our referral links, thanks – the small kickbacks I get from referrals add up eventually and allow me to cover the expenses of things like this giveaway, so everyone who uses such links to buy things has my appreciation!