MORE TOP RANKED STORIES WE THINK YOU'LL ENJOY:
- Pica ★ 8.56 Rating (118 votes)
- The Tunnel ★ 9.45 Rating (11 votes)
- Busking ★ 9.25 Rating (12 votes)
- Something Was Off About My Freshman Roommate – Part Three & Epilogue ★ 9.18 Rating (17 votes)
- Becoming ★ 9.18 Rating (17 votes)
- Two Double A’s ★ 9.15 Rating (33 votes)
- Maisie Went Missing Last Year ★ 9.14 Rating (161 votes)
- The Story of Her Holding an Orange: Part Two ★ 9.12 Rating (17 votes)
- What Do You Like About Playing Under the Bed? ★ 9.12 Rating (57 votes)
- The Pass ★ 9.11 Rating (18 votes)
- The Strange Case of Edmonson, Kentucky ★ 9.11 Rating (61 votes)
You lay in your bed quietly. Your window is open, a light breeze flowing through. You stare up at the ceiling, watching time pass by. Why is it so hard to sleep? you silently wonder, tapping your heel impatiently, waiting for oblivion to overcome you. You haven’t been able to sleep for ages, and it’s been almost 3 days since you got some shut-eye.
Laying here, your senses are heightened, the quiet rustling and hooting of the occasional owl ringing in hypersound. Your eyes have fully adjusted to the dark, allowing you to see every detail in the bedroom around you.
You suddenly hear a creak. Thinking it’s just your dumb dog walking around at night, you push your head under your pillow and groan.
Another creak, followed by a crash. You jump up, grabbing the gun from your bedside table. “Who the hell is there?!!” You shout, aiming around the room wildly.
There is something out your window. It crawls through the hole, its face white, with singed black brows and a bloody red smile. Its hair is long, black, and matted. It wears a white hoodie, smeared with black substance you can only guess to be blood. It rushes in on you, tackling and ramming you into the bed, hissing 4 words into your ear:
“JUST.. GO.. TO.. SLEEP!”
You look up into the things eyes, and you push yourself up, staring at it. “Who the hell do you think you are?! Barging into my room like this?!”
The thing stares at you. “Wait.. what?”
You stare at it angrily. “And why the FUCK did you tell me to go to sleep?! I mean, for all I know, I might have just been about to drift off, but NOOOO, YOU have to go show up!”
It starts to walk to the window. “I-I’ll just be on my way.. heh–” He dives out the window, running into the night.
You plop the gun onto your desk and lay back down on the bed, sighing and speaking aloud. “Jeezus.. People these days.”