MORE TOP RANKED STORIES WE THINK YOU'LL ENJOY:
- Pica ★ 8.5 Rating (136 votes)
- Something Was Off About My Freshman Roommate – Part Three & Epilogue ★ 9.18 Rating (17 votes)
- My Fear Of Water ★ 9.17 Rating (35 votes)
- Quiet ★ 9.16 Rating (38 votes)
- The Well ★ 9.14 Rating (50 votes)
- Maisie Went Missing Last Year ★ 9.12 Rating (164 votes)
- He Who Wanders ★ 9.12 Rating (367 votes)
- West ★ 9.09 Rating (11 votes)
- Lullaby Rock: A Candle Cove Memoir ★ 9.09 Rating (11 votes)
- Those Eyes ★ 9.09 Rating (11 votes)
- Skinwalker ★ 9.09 Rating (33 votes)
I sat on the bus, on my way to school.
Listening to music, and paying little to no attention to the other students.
At one of the stops my mind snapped back to reality.
I looked towards the small house. Tommy’s house, I thought.
A hand slipped through the drapes of the window and waved the bus driver to move on.
‘He’s sick’, I thought, paying no large amount of attention to the situation.
The day flew by.
I watched the local news channel after school, and what I heard paralyzed me.
Tommy’s entire family was murdered that day by an unknown suspect.
After hearing this news, I moved back up to my room and quietly fell asleep.
The next day, I sat on the bus.
We drove past Tommy’s house and the bus driver, unaware of Tommy’s families fate, stopped at his home.
As I was about to get up and explain to her what had happened, something caught my eye.
A pale hand slipped through the drapes of the window, and waved the bus driver to move on.
I sat on the bus, terrified.
Credit To: Isaac Cook