Advertisement
Please wait...

I Plan to Delete My YouTube Channel



Estimated reading time — 3 minutes

My name is Chloe. I am a twenty-two-year-old college student from Minneapolis, and I am addicted to the internet. I keep a YouTube channel that I update every month with parodies of popular TV shows and the occasional video in which I address my viewers directly. Lately, however, something truly bizarre has been disrupting my channel.

It was the morning after I had uploaded a new video to my channel. It had been a thank-you to my viewers for helping me reach 100,000 subscribers, along with a montage of myself doing silly things my fans had suggested in the comments. So it came as a surprise when I checked how many views the video had and found it had more dislikes than likes. I had always put a lot of work into my videos, and my subscribers were fiercely loyal, so I failed to see how a video made specifically for them could be received so poorly. Looking through the comments, I saw dozens of phrases like “I don’t get it” and “What’s this supposed to be?” When I scrolled back up to the video, I realized it was not the one I had uploaded last night.

The video I had uploaded was five minutes long, with the title, “THANK YOU!” The video on my screen now was sixteen minutes long, and its title was just a timestamp. I went back to the previous page and saw that the real video was indeed on my channel, but this anomaly had been uploaded since then. Curious to see what it was, I clicked on the video and began to watch. My screen showed a girl busily typing away at a computer: me. Nothing happened for the entire duration of the video, and it ended abruptly and without explanation. I realized I must have left my camera running while I was editing “THANK YOU!” and somehow uploaded the junk footage with the intended video. After posting a comment apologizing for my mistake, I grabbed my textbooks and went to school for the day. I would delete the video when I had time that evening.

Advertisements

When I got home, I spent the next few hours finishing my homework and tidying my room. I ate a quick supper cobbled together from random stuff in the fridge, and got right back to work on my channel. I glared with frustration at the screen when I found that another unwanted video had been uploaded. This one was just over three hours long. It began with me lying on the floor, flipping through a textbook. Later, it showed me walking around my room, reorganizing my bookshelf and picking up the clothes I had worn yesterday. Near the end of the video, I walked out of the room, probably to get some supper.

What was going on with my computer? I had not even touched it since this morning. I had to do something about that camera, or it would only have been a matter of time before a video was posted of me changing my clothes or drying off after a shower. I delved into the innards of my laptop, trying to find the cancerous bit of code responsible for those accidental videos. I must have gone through every program and file three times over, but everything seemed to be in order. I gave up around midnight. I had a class at 8:30 the next morning, and I needed sleep. I put a sheet of paper in front of my camera so that, even if it did upload another video, my viewers would not see anything I did not want them to see. Exhausted, I turned off the lights and went to sleep.

I checked my channel before school the next morning. For some reason, it was exploding with activity. Every time I clicked the refresh button, the latest upload on my channel had a hundred new views. But how could a six-hour video with a solid black thumbnail and a timestamp for a title be so popular? I started the video, but nothing appeared to be happening. I looked in the comments for an explanation:

“Have you lost it? Why would you post this?”

“What happened to the old videos? Is this some kind of joke?”

“I don’t know what’s going on…”

Advertisements
Advertisements

(Reply) “Do you see it?”

(Reply) “See what?”

(Reply) “30:18. Watch closely.”

Advertisements

I skipped half an hour into the video, staring hard at the seemingly dead screen. Suddenly, it looked like something was moving. It was a hardly visible black-on-black shift that only lasted a few seconds, but when it was over, I could recognize the faint outlines in the darkness. It was my room, and the movement had been me, shifting in my sleep. How could the camera have seen this? Was the paper I had put in front of it not thick enough?

When the Chloe in the video shifted again, I froze. The camera angle in this video was different from the others. My bed could not be seen from my camera. This video had been taken from my bedroom window.


Credit: Chloe Duchamp

This story was submitted to Creepypasta.com by a fellow reader. To submit your own creepypasta tale for consideration and publication to this site, visit our submissions page today.

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

36 thoughts on “I Plan to Delete My YouTube Channel”

    1. cyber sub-zero

      And the Cyber Sub-zero Award for Most Dedicated Kreepypasta Villain goes to: The random stalker asshole from I Plan on Deleting My Youtube Channel!

      Have an ice day.

  1. Megan Proffitt

    You’re Youtube account got hacked and you’re being stalked.I recommend changing your account password and let your subscribers somewhat know what’s going on.

    1. cyber sub-zero

      Because you’d be kool with some random asshole stalking and filming you?

      Have an ice day?

  2. it was good however the ending was disappointing – filming through the window was too easy – should have been a more inaccessible area like the corner of the room or from the ceiling above for example that would have given the creep factor a bit more … also with the dark figure moving would have been better if it had been something in the room moving the paper or looming over her while sleeping. wasn’t too bad though

  3. I thought this was a pretty stupid Creepypasta and was planning on stopping about halfway through, but this is intriguing as hell. And that ending tho. But shouldn’t you have known if it was taken from you bedroom window while watching the one with you doing your homework? But who am I to judge an internet fiction?

    8/10

    1. cyber sub-zero

      That’ll stop them from uploading, but, at the end of the day, someone is still outside the window recording you throughout the day.

      Have an ice day.

  4. I like how it isn’t outright supernatural but it kinda hints at supernatural stuff with the software on the laptop all being usual. It’s written well and didn’t go for long so it didn’t become repetitive or anything and the twist was great!

  5. It was super interesting until you got to the end part. It should have been a video taken from like the corner of the room, the ceiling, something less accesible than the bedroo window. Now it just sounds like someone had been recording her and hacked her and then uploaded the videos… When you spoke a black shape shifting, I half expected it to be someone pulling away the paper. However the excitmemt and creepiness (from my part) lasted only briefly until it turned out not to be so.
    But still, good job. This deserves like an 8, from me. :)

    1. It’s creepy enough that someone is recording her in her sleep… I expected it to be something hard to explain so having it be something human is much more relatable and scary to me.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top