Advertisement
Please wait...

I Am a Ghost



Estimated reading time — 3 minutes

It’s that time of year again. Another stupid Halloween night with a bunch of stupid kids breaking into my house, just to prove they have balls to enter a haunted house. Well, I’m a ghost, or at least that’s what they call me. I’m not entirely sure what am I. I just float around this empty house when no one is around.

To keep me sane, I also write this diary of mine. It takes a lot of effort for me to manifest myself in order to touch physical things but its totally worth it. It might sound mundane to you but I actually enjoy my time here.

It’s very peaceful.

Until a bunch of stupid kids decided to show up every dang Halloween. Each year bringing one or two new faces. This year was no exception. The first one to enter was a familiar face. A chubby kid, short curly hair, cheeks splattered with chocolate freckles and flanked by two big round ears. A loud creak echoed through the empty halls as he took the first step onto the old wooden floor. His breathing was shallow and rapid. Awkwardly puffing his chest, in a sad attempt to appear nonchalant. The faint beam of his Garrity Mini Rugged Lite failed to cut through the thick darkness that is waiting to engulf him and his friends into nothingness.

“Oh, c’mon guys, stop being a wuss,” Chubby taunted his friends.

“Are you sure this is a good idea? Let’s just go and grab more candies… I don’t like it here,” a short but wiser kid replied.

“Look, Kenny. We do this every fucking year. Don’t you wanna get laid? The girls in school would totally think we’re badasses.”

“Besides, I have my eyes on Debbie Reynolds and I’ll be damned if she isn’t the slightest impress!” Chubby gaining more confidence.

“Goddammit Billy! You’re 12. Do you even know the meaning of getting laid?” said a tall scrawny kid.

“Uhhh… yes,” Chubby replied unassertively.

“Let’s just get this over with so we can all go home and stuff our face full of chewy giant sweetTARTS.” a kid with huge spectacles sighed.

The rest hesitantly agreed and stepped in. One of them murmured something…I think it was a prayer or something. The thumping of their hearts grew louder as they ventured deeper into the dark halls. I started with their flashlight, lightly touching it so that it flickers.

“Oh, shit! I forgot to change my batteries.” chubby laughed nervously. His friends flipped him the birdie at the same time and shooked their heads in unison. That made me chuckled a little.

“Fuck. Did you hear that?” the tall kid whispered.

“Hear what? Stop messing around,” said the short kid.

“Haha. Pussy,” Chubby mocking the tall kid. “I swear one more word from your big fat mou…”

I interrupted the tall kid with a light whisper, “Get out…”.

Advertisements

His face turned pale. “Gh—gh–gho—” He choked on his saliva, decided not to finish his sentence, and ran all the way out of the house.

“What’s his problem?” scoffed the kid with the large spectacle.

“What a wuss. Common we’ll just go upstairs and then we’re done. Oh Debbie, here comes Billy the Willy.”

Dang it, I thought to myself. It looks like the other 3 kids couldn’t hear me. I was low on energy. It takes a considerable amount of effort even for a whisper or a chuckle to be heard. Frustrated, I let out an ear-piercing scream…

Well, at least it was ear-piercing to me. Those three kids barely even noticed it. They just stopped in their tracks, listened for a minute or so and went on. I understand that some people are sensitive to a certain frequency and some people are not. Which explains why the tall kid was the only one able to hear me. The others were completely oblivious.

But I wasn’t about to give up.

With all my might, I forcefully will myself into a terrifying physical form. The usual horror cliche I heard from kids. Long dark hair, dark red liquid oozing out of my empty eye sockets, exposed muscle tissue and bits of broken bones sticking out of my body. I have to admit, If I were to look in the mirror now, I would’ve shat my pants. It’s horrifying.

Advertisements

As they were heading up the stairs, I appeared in front of them and with my last bit of energy, I shrieked.

It caught them by surprise! They screamed like little girls and ran out into the night.

I let out a sigh of relief. I hope I scare the crap out of them and they won’t come back. I was exhausted but I was also desperate.

They say “There is nothing to fear but fear itself,” yet in our world that isn’t true. Many things are worse than fear. And one of the things is in this house. Locked in the upstairs room. Waiting to be set free.

But I’m getting weaker year after year.

Soon, I won’t be able to scare the kids out of this house anymore.

Soon, they will make it upstairs. Soon, they will unlock the door.


Credit: Johnny Strange (a.k.a. StrangeIsWe) (Official Website • FacebookTwitterRedditTumblrInstagram)

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top