Advertisement
Please wait...

The Tulpa



Estimated reading time — 8 minutes

Last year I spent six months participating in what I was told was a psychological experiment. I found an ad in my local paper looking for imaginative people looking to make good money, and since it was the only ad that week that I was remotely qualified for, I gave them a call and we arranged an interview. They told me that all I would have to do is stay in a room, alone, with sensors attached to my head to read my brain activity, and while I was there I would visualize a double of myself. They called it my “tulpa”.

It seemed easy enough, and I agreed to do it as soon as they told me how much I would be paid. And the next day, I began. They brought me to a simple room and gave me a bed, then attached sensors to my head and hooked them into a little black box on the table beside me. They talked me through the process of visualizing my double again, and explained that if I got bored or restless, instead of moving around, I should visualize my double moving around, or try to interact with him, and so on. The idea was to keep him with me the entire time I was in the room.

I had trouble with it for the first few days. It was more controlled than any sort of daydreaming I’d done before. I’d imagine my double for a few minutes, then grow distracted. But by the fourth day, I could manage to keep him “present” for the entire six hours. They told me I was doing very well.

Advertisements

The second week, they gave me a different room, with wall-mounted speakers. They told me they wanted to see if I could still keep the tulpa with me in spite of distracting stimuli. The music was discordant, ugly and unsettling, and it made the process a little more difficult, but I managed nonetheless. The next week they played even more unsettling music, punctuated with shrieks, feedback loops, what sounded like an old school modem dialing up, and guttural voices speaking some foreign language. I just laughed it off – I was a pro by then.

After about a month, I started to get bored. To liven things up, I started interacting with my doppelganger. We’d have conversations, or play rock-paper-scissors, or I’d imagine him juggling, or break-dancing, or whatever caught my fancy. I asked the researchers if my foolishness would adversely affect their study, but they encouraged me.

So we played, and communicated, and that was fun for a while. And then it got a little strange. I was telling him about my first date one day, and he corrected me. I’d said my date was wearing a yellow top, and he told me it was a green one. I thought about it for a second, and realized he was right. It creeped me out, and after my shift that day, I talked to the researchers about it. “You’re using the thought-form to access your subconscious,” they explained. “You knew on some level that you were wrong, and you subconsciously corrected yourself.”

What had been creepy was suddenly cool. I was talking to my subconscious! It took some practice, but I found that I could question my tulpa and access all sorts of memories. I could make it quote whole pages of books I’d read once, years before, or things I was taught and immediately forgot in high school. It was awesome.

That was around the time I started “calling up” my double outside of the research center. Not often at first, but I was so used to imagining him by now that it almost seemed odd to not see him. So whenever I was bored, I’d visualize my double. Eventually I started doing it almost all the time. It was amusing to take him along like an invisible friend. I imagined him when I was hanging out with friends, or visiting my mom, I even brought him along on a date once. I didn’t need to speak aloud to him, so I was able to carry out conversations with him and no one was the wiser.

I know that sounds strange, but it was fun. Not only was he a walking repository of everything I knew and everything I had forgotten, but he also seemed more in touch with me than I did at times. He had an uncanny grasp of the minutiae of body language that I didn’t even realize I was picking up on. For example, I’d thought the date I brought him along on was going badly, but he pointed out how she was laughing a little too hard at my jokes, and leaning towards me as I spoke, and a bunch of other subtle clues I wasn’t consciously picking up on. I listened, and let’s just say that that date went very well.

Advertisements

By the time I’d been at the research center for four months, he was with my constantly. The researchers approached me one day after my shift, and asked me if I’d stopped visualizing him. I denied it, and they seemed pleased. I silently asked my double if he knew what prompted that, but he just shrugged it off. So did I.

I withdrew a little from the world at that point. I was having trouble relating to people. It seemed to me that they were so confused and unsure of themselves, while I had a manifestation of myself to confer with. It made socializing awkward. Nobody else seemed aware of the reasons behind their actions, why some things made them mad and others made them laugh. They didn’t know what moved them. But I did – or at least, I could ask myself and get an answer.

A friend confronted me one evening. He pounded at the door until I answered it, and came in fuming and swearing up a storm. “You haven’t answered when I called you in fucking weeks, you dick!” he yelled. “What’s your fucking problem?”

I was about to apologize to him, and probably would have offered to hit the bars with him that night, but my tulpa grew suddenly furious. “Hit him,” it said, and before I knew what I was doing, I had. I heard his nose break. He fell to the floor and came up swinging, and we beat each other up and down my apartment.

I was more furious then than I have ever been, and I was not merciful. I knocked him to the ground and gave him two savage kicks to the ribs, and that was when he fled, hunched over and sobbing.

The police were by a few minutes later, but I told them that he had been the instigator, and since he wasn’t around to refute me, they let me off with a warning. My tulpa was grinning the entire time. We spent the night crowing about my victory and sneering over how badly I’d beaten my friend.

It wasn’t until the next morning, when I was checking out my black eye and cut lip in the mirror, that I remembered what had set me off. My double was the one who’d grown furious, not me. I’d been feeling guilty and a little ashamed, but he’d goaded me into a vicious fight with a concerned friend. He was present, of course, and knew my thoughts. “You don’t need him anymore. You don’t need anyone else,” he told me, and I felt my skin crawl.

I explained all this to the researchers who employed me, but they just laughed it off. “You can’t be scared of something that you’re imagining,” one told me. My double stood beside him, and nodded his head, then smirked at me.

Advertisements

I tried to take their words to heart, but over the next few days I found myself growing more and more anxious around my tulpa, and it seemed that he was changing. He looked taller, and more menacing. His eyes twinkled with mischief, and I saw malice in his constant smile. No job was worth losing my mind over, I decided. If he was out of control, I’d put him down. I was so used to him at that point that visualizing him was an automatic process, so I started trying my damnedest to not visualize him. It took a few days, but it started to work somewhat. I could get rid of him for hours at a time. But every time he came back, he seemed worse. His skin seemed ashen, his teeth more pointed. He hissed and gibbered and threatened and swore. The discordant music I’d been listening to for months seemed to accompany him everywhere. Even when I was at home – I’d relax and slip up, no longer concentrating on not seeing him, and there he’d be, and that howling noise with him.

I was still visiting the research center and spending my six hours there. I needed the money, and I thought they weren’t aware that I was now actively not visualizing my tulpa. I was wrong. After my shift one day, about five and a half months in, two impressively men grabbed and restrained me, and someone in a lab coat jabbed a hypodermic needle into me.

I woke up from my stupor back in the room, strapped into the bed, music blaring, with my doppelganger standing over me cackling. He hardly looked human anymore. His features were twisted. His eyes were sunken in their sockets and filmed over like a corpse’s. He was much taller than me, but hunched over. His hands were twisted, and the fingernails were like talons. He was, in short, fucking terrifying. I tried to will him away, but I just couldn’t seem to concentrate. He giggled, and tapped the IV in my arm. I thrashed in my restraints as best I could, but could hardly move at all.

“They’re pumping you full of the good shit, I think. How’s the mind? All fuzzy?” He leaned closer and closer as he spoke. I gagged. His breath smelled like spoiled meat. I tried to focus, but couldn’t banish him.

The next few weeks were terrible. Every so often, someone in a doctor’s coat would come in and inject me with something, or force-feed me a pill. They kept me dizzy and unfocused, and sometimes left me hallucinating or delusional. My thoughtform was still present, constantly mocking. He interacted with, or perhaps caused, my delusions. I hallucinated that my mother was there, scolding me, and then he cut her throat and her blood showered me. It was so real that I could taste it.

The doctors never spoke to me. I begged at times, screamed, hurled invectives, demanded answers. They never spoke to me. They may have talked to my tulpa, my personal monster. I’m not sure. I was so doped and confused that it may have just been more delusion, but I remember them talking with him. I grew convinced that he was the real one, and I was the thoughtform. He encouraged that line of thought at times, mocked me at others.

Another thing that I pray was a delusion: he could touch me. More than that, he could hurt me. He’d poke and prod at me if he felt I wasn’t paying enough attention to him. Once he grabbed my testicles and squeezed until I told him I loved him. Another time, he slashed my forearm with one of his talons. I still have a scar – most days I can convince myself that I injured myself, and just hallucinated that he was responsible. Most days.

Advertisements

Then one day, while he was telling me a story about how he was going to gut everyone I loved, starting with my sister, he paused. A querulous look crossed his face, and reached out and touched my head. Like my mother used to when I was feverish. He stayed still for a long moment, and then smiled. “All thoughts are creative,” he told me. Then he walked out the door.

Three hours later, I was given an injection, and passed out. I awoke unrestrained. Shaking, I made my way to the door and found it unlocked. I walked out into the empty hallway, and then ran. I stumbled more than once, but I made it down the stairs and out into the lot behind the building. There, I collapsed, weeping like a child. I knew I had to keep moving, but I couldn’t manage it.

I got home eventually – I don’t remember how. I locked the door, and shoved a dresser against it, took a long shower, and slept for a day and a half. Nobody came for me in the night, and nobody came the next day, or the one after that. It was over. I’d spent a week locked in that room, but it had felt like a century. I’d withdrawn so much from my life beforehand that nobody had even known I was missing.

The police didn’t find anything. The research center was empty when they searched it. The paper trail fell apart. The names I’d given them were aliases. Even the money I’d received was apparently untraceable.

I recovered as much as one can. I don’t leave the house much, and I have panic attacks when I do. I cry a lot. I don’t sleep much, and my nightmares are terrible. It’s over, I tell myself. I survived. I use the concentration those bastards taught me to convince myself. It works, sometimes.

Not today, though. Three days ago, I got a phone call from my mother. There’s been a tragedy. My sister’s the latest victim in a spree of killings, the police say. The perpetrator mugs his victims, then guts them.

The funeral was this afternoon. It was as lovely a service as a funeral can be, I suppose. I was a little distracted, though. All I could hear was music coming from somewhere distant. Discordant, unsettling stuff, that sounds like feedback, and shrieking, and a modem dialing up. I hear it still – a little louder now.


Credit: Anonymous

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

197 thoughts on “The Tulpa”

  1. RoseByAnyOtherName

    I don’t think that the one who left the facility was the one we think her was, was in fact the one he thought. At least not alone.

  2. Under the assumption that a tulpa was a physical creation, could a being of mass power be created by a large group of believers together? Under the assumption that it is truly your sub-conscious on steroids, could some one literally have it analyze every situation while you did every day tasks? I.e count the cards in a deck while you play normally?

  3. Curious Clayton

    If someone were to go through the process of developing their own tulpa would it really affect their social skills? This sounds cool if it really works- communicating with your subconscious?!?!?! EPIC- but if it really affects your social life, or if it were able to get out of hand, I don’t think it is even close to worth it. P.S. awesome pasta 10/10. Also, if you haven’t already read Mr. Widemouth ( found in top rated section) i don’t read short stories often but that is easily my favorite.

  4. Anonymous:
    A tulpa is a real thing. You can actually create one through a certain process, it is basically a thought given sentience. When someone with a very imaginative mind or a group of people get together that are very fearful of something, it is said that a physical tulpa is created that takes that form and can do what the entity they were scared of can do.

    So…Tyler Durden?

  5. I’ve just watched the video version of this
    Can you just co for it is all fiction. I mean. I’m pretty sure it is and you’re a really good story teller but they way it’s told also,makes it sound almost believable in a reality sense as though it happened
    And on that note the Russian sleep experiment did that happen or is it all fiction. Maybe I’m a little bit too tired to be watching them as it is 2 am and thinking into it too much

  6. This is one of the best Pastas I’ve read in a while. I really liked the slow build-up at the start. Only question is why the scientists were obsessed enough with this one Tulpa to kidnap someone. Anyway, 10/10.

  7. I have a tulpa. Her name is Annie. She looks like me except she is tall, very skinny, beautiful, and her eyes are black pits. sometimes I think my eating disorder helped create her. She doesn’t let me eat.

  8. There’s a tulpa character in the hell house episode from Supernatural. Its the one with the ghostfacers.

  9. This was a very good story, although I just have two little points.

    1) When the tulpa ‘squeezed the jewels’ shall we say. Generally I’m pretty good at keeping in with the protagonist of the story, but with things like this I really can’t physically relate. I feel like it is something I’m missing out on, because it’d probably be really nasty, but maybe a more unisex phrase; nail removal, eyelash plucking etc. might have been more suitable? Just my opinion though.

    2) If someone threatens my family (again my opinion) regardless of the validity of the threat, I will still ‘check up on them’ just with a text or a call, or even just a call to let them know that I’M okay, I mean this guy has just gotten out of hospital, but he tells nobody? Is nobody worried about him? It seems a little odd to me.

    Other than that, great story. Plus I love the ‘idea’ of a Tulpa, pun intended.

  10. I really enjoyed this story in some ways it reminds me of the book Blackwood Farm by Anne Rice. The main character Tarquin is haunted by his doppelganger who he calls Goblin. It is a fantastic book and I recommend anyone who enjoyed this story to read it.

  11. I think this is a story about drug and/or alcohol addiction, or anything that we “volunteer” for that turns us into ugly people that we try to wish away. Maybe money would apply as well

  12. I think the point is not that we actually create a new physical entity, but that we become the tulpa ourselves. He was the one killing people, not some separate creation.

    I loved this pasta, I took it as a story about isolation and madness, almost like “Wilson” in that movie Castaway

  13. The Old King Critic

    This story reminded me of the Apparition Movie that Wanner Brothers released a few years ago but instead of creating a physical sub-conscious they created a paranormal entity.

  14. Read this on tumblr, loved it then love it now. Makes me one to make a tulpa and see how fair I can push it! Delicious pasta!

  15. i started making a tulpa recently and i don’t know what people mean with making a personality and i just imagine pinky pie and i talk to her :(
    i don’t get answers yet but every time i tulpaforce i just have the feeling i haven’t done anything yet o.O

  16. Team Free Will

    There was an episode about a Tulpa in one of the many TV shows that I watch (Supernatural). Its was in season One. The name of the episode is called “Hell House”.

  17. What you’re going to need to do is challenge your tulpa to a Shadow Game and beat him; then he’ll be sent to the Shadow Realm and you’ll be rid of him.

  18. Umm im a little freaked out by this for 1 reason… ive made something like a tulpa whenever im in a car going down the highway i imagine something i have named ” street runner” and he runs in and around traffic by jumping on cars and on top of street lights and he climbs the signs and does all these cool tricks. and after a few car rides its almost impossible to stop imagining him jump on top of things. its kind of scary im almost afraid of him now.

    1. I think that is a common thing and nothing scary about it. I did that as a preteen sometimes. You’re just imaginative!

  19. I could see the ending once you started talking about clones, but it was well written and it wasn’t like most other pastas. 9/10

  20. Seriously, does anyone know the author of this story or of any other stories they have written? Pleaaaase email me! I am a huge H.P. Lovecraft fan, and I gotta say this story is right up that alley. This story should be published. Anyone can write a supernatural ghost, alien, werewolf, vampire, or monster story, but the ones that deal with a person’s psychology are the best in my opinion.

    1. The author used to have a blog (http://calibantales.blogspot.com/) which has a couple of other great stories (the one about the trains is a personal favourite of mine). He didn’t update the blog for a few years, so I don’t know if he’s still writing or what he’s doing now whatsoever.

  21. Dave Taylor: I’m really glad you asked that, that has been driving me nuts ever since I found this website. No matter how hard I squinted, no answers would come.

    I’m pretty sure it’s from the carnival Takakanonuma Greenland in Japan

  22. Liz Wilbanks.

    I admittingly have several Tulpas; you see, I have almost no friends at my school, and it gets really lonely at home. Every time I feel lonely or sad (which is often) I often talk and play with my Tulpas. Some are mythical-type creatures, while others are beyond human: Hemlock, Luis, Ilosovic, Twig and Thorn. it’s frightening when they show up at school, especially when Luis throws a volleyball at some of the mean kids. Am I going mad, or is it simply my imagiantion running away?

  23. The simple fact is that this is based off something that could technically happen in a sense, I am not sure how bad it can become but it is something that people can do via overly exposed paranoia.

    I like the story; it is creepy and very unsettling. Although I must say I kind of want this to happen to me, I think I would like to have a Tulpa.
    Also, that is not the actual name of what the thing is called. It is more or less just a personal manifestation.

  24. The Bloodthirsty Writer

    I, for one, would love to have a half/real friend that emits Dubstep music. Did I mention that I would make the Tulpa a hipster? Fun. Fun is everywhere. Simple Logic.

  25. The Bloodthirsty Writer

    You mentioned that there was this weird music around the Tulpa. I have reason to believe that it was Dubstep music. Hey, Derpbutt? Are you by any chance a Skrillex fan? I’m sure am. :D Simple Logic.

  26. MY GOD. I just read your story and realized something quit unnerving….I have my own tulpa…A month or so back I created what I imagined was my “alter ego”, A copy of myself, but wearing clothes that I like but don’t have and wearing black eyeliner with blue-streaked hair (just like I used to have before it faded and turned a barley-noticeable blue/green)…Weirdly though, she was in a sort-of anime/cartoon form, the way I drew her when I was lost in thought. Her name is “Lehcar”but I pronounce it “Lechar”…I would talk to her when I was lonely (and alone)…..but she seemed so evil…Like, every time I asked her help on some issue or problem I was having, she would always resort to violence or burning things….I think this is because I’ve always been creative with a wild imagination…but I dunno…ever since I made her up, I’ve become more and more passive-aggressive and my thoughts more…evil…I…dunno…..might just be some issues I’ve been having.. But, god, I wrote this horror story that was just,…horrifying, whilst before, I had imagined Lehcar talking to me. I think I should stop this creation before it gets too far. I think this alter ego of mine has something to do with writing about a girl who finds her parents dead, with slashed throats…It’s eerie how, before I talked to Lehcar, I could not even think of what to write, and now after, Everything just seemed to flow. Word for word….And before I knew it, I had created a Fan-Fiction Slender Man story. Huh..I remember reading many things that stated that we all have some sort of evil lurking deep inside all of us…maybe I’ve created a way for my evil to manifest itself….as my other half..as my tulpa. This has some sense to it, but on the other hand, it makes me shiver just thinking about it….Okay time to stop thinking of this. I’m just scaring myself shitless and growing more paranoid with every second. I just have to say one more thing before I’m done:
    I’M NOT SCHIZOPHRENIC. I DO NOT HEAR OR SEE THINGS THAT ARN’T THERE. Just to clear that up so I won’t be afraid of getting comments about that.

    1. I would think it to be some sort of imaginary friend to be specific, I am not certain anything actually manifested outside of your field of mind.

  27. you guys need to remember we cant see your face so posting a smile after a joke or something thats not serious or saying jk or anything els that lets us know your joking or smiling while you post can really help also nom nom nom

  28. First time I heard it… apart from myself. A “tulpa”, I finally know its name, I’ve been with them for long now. I’ve been a loner for longer than I can remember, I spend too much imaging stuff, and started talking with myself. Suddenly I undertood there was something like the first form… someone who knew too much, a logic voice. I loved it, later after a mental break down I found another voice, a gray formless one and full of everything I’ve repressed so long and call for lust and hate, too dangerous and shameful to even describe. I’ve learned to restrain it but feed it. I still hear them both. Only told a person about it but he never spoke to me again. What to do? I’m serious. Please…

  29. After reading this a while ago I started to work to see what would happen if you did this, in a way it works, He/I come and go and can be summoned when needed but its interesting the extent the human mind works

  30. Awesomepasta! I really enjoyed this one. Very well thought out and thought-stimulating! This pasta was well-cooked and served on a silver platter then covered in awesome sauce.

  31. Didn’t find this creepy, but did find it compelling anyway. Even though it’s one of many creepypastas I’ve read, it sticks out in my memory.

  32. It might be interesting to try this… Creating my own Tulpa and see how far I can push it…

    Really one of my favourite storys. Thank you.

  33. This sounds a bit like Black Swan but with a sci-fi touch . Very great but I’ll expect more –novel, maybe? Would be awesome!

    1. TheIntimateAvenger

      Huh. I never really thought of black swan as a tulpa situation. That’s an interesting interpretation.

      1. The tulpa thingie killed his sister and gutted her like he said je would, and now he’s coming for the rest of the dude’s family, then him. Tada :D

  34. This made me want to imagine a clone of myself in my room doing stuff. I gets kinda lonely here so might as well do it. Too bad I can’t ask him for shit.

    Well cooked pasta 9/10.

    1. Me too! The entire time I was reading this, I was just like: “Awww man! Now I want to try that! Cool story, man! You’re a great writer!

      1. Actually, it is possible to make one through a HUGE process and all that stuff, there’s a lot of tutorials online with much advice and serious things. I’ve had my tulpa for a few months now and its an amazing thing coming from your subconscious that can talk to you and posses your body at your own will. It’s a pretty neat relationship without any.. creepy things as been read in the above story.. At least nothing that I have witnessed with mine.

  35. I just don’t think you should talk to people like that who don’t deserve it.
    Yes, maybe it was dumb to scroll to the bottom of the page and ask a question that had already been answered. From now on, I’ll scroll through all posts to make sure I don’t make this mistake again. All I’m trying to say is that you could have written "That question’s already been answered," or "Check the previous posts, thanks!" or just not respond at all. Receiving a reply that was so sarcastic in tone was off-putting. Sorry for whining. :(

    1. People on the internet generally like making whipping boys out of people they’ve never met, often being hostile for no reason. So don’t let the responses get you too down. Using teh internetz requires havin’ sum thick-skin.

  36. Your comment was actually incredibly snippy. I just don’t appreciate being ostracized for making an honest mistake. It is not like I was being willfully or repeatedly stupid, I asked a simple question. I felt your response was disrespectful. I’m sorry if you felt I was being "aggressive", but as was previously stated, I felt disrespected.

    1. I… didn’t say you were being aggressive…?

      You may want to re-read this entire exchange. And if you still walk away thinking that I called you aggressive and was “ostracizing you” by taking the time to answer your question even though the answer was already there, there is absolutely nothing I can do for you.

      The way I answered was slightly sarcastic, yes, but quite frankly? You earned it. If you can’t deal with people answering your questions without ‘feeling disrespected,’ I would suggest simply paying more attention so that you don’t ask questions that have already been answered and that you in fact had to have scrolled right past in order to ask the exact same question. Respect can be lost when you do dumb things, and you did a dumb thing.

      And let’s be honest: The word “Wow” – because that is literally the only part of my initial response that can even remotely be considered ‘incredibly snippy’ by any sane person – is not worth the amount of whining you’ve been doing here. I’d wager you’ve got things going on that have nothing to do with me, and I wish you luck in dealing with it, but please discontinue taking it out on me.

      1. responding to four sentences with four paragraphs is always the best way to win arguments good job

        1. I’ve never been one to buy into the “lol effort on the internet” thing. Typing isn’t hard. A few paragraphs for some people only takes a moment.

  37. Worst pasta in a while. I could give my dog a keyboard and he would do better than this crap.
    Of course, that’s what I would say if I didn’t like it. This pasta is awesome and, now, one of my favorites.
    Bipolar comment is bipolar

    1. I was about to flame you like no TF2 Pyro could ever do, then I was like “Oh, I get it. Sarcasm. I like it.”

  38. Oh my God. This is so great… I positively love it. It’s intriguing. I want more. Give me more of your awesome writing!

  39. Screw you, derpbutt. Excuse me for thinking I had read it here before. We’re not all the wondrous perfection that you are, apparently.

    1. I know, it’s not like it had already been discussed in the whopping couple of comments that you had to scroll past to leave your own.

      Didn’t know that reading comprehension was the pinnacle of perfection.

      Anyhow, my point remains (and I wasn’t even aggressive about it, so I’m not sure why you’re so pissy about my response…?): stuff that is posted here may not always be brand new for YOU, but it doesn’t mean that it’s not new for someone else. That is the nature of memes.

      1. ok, "fatt" knock it off! there’s no reason to be such a jerk. i don’t understand why everyone is so hostile towards each other on this site.

        1. Oh, I don’t know, maybe it’s because they’re all scared shitless. Being scared makes people act irrationally and sometimes aggressively, and people are going to be scared after reading a scary story or ten.

        1. I thought maybe it had something to do with poltergeist? suddenly it’s a verb now and polstered is it’s past tense! I’m a genius!

        2. Calm Your Balls, Christians –_–

          It’s not a word. Sounds like it could be a real word, though, doesn’t it?

        3. Don’t think about polstered too much, or it’ll become a real word and gut your dictionary.

    2. Don’t take it personally, reader. I’m assuming derpbutt didn’t mean to sound so sarcastic, even if that’s how he sounds.

    1. As already was explained, it wasn’t on this site yet. Due to the nature of Creepypasta, this will sometimes occur. You will see things posted that may already have been circulated on another site before. Wow.

        1. Not 100% sure on the location/backstory, but it’s part of some old, abandoned carnival ride or something. The image has been circulating the internet for awhile, but people seem to disagree on the actual source.

        2. I’m really glad you asked that, that has been driving me nuts ever since I found this website. No matter how hard I squinted, no answers would come.

        3. Ive seen that ride somewhere on a show or youtube video years ago, i cant think of what it was :l

    2. AllieInWonderland

      Yeah I’m with The Reader, I’m 100% sure that they already had it on this site and reposted it.

      1. Respect My Authoritariah

        no point in being a douche to him, and to call him retarded is offensive to other people.

    1. A tulpa is a real thing. You can actually create one through a certain process, it is basically a thought given sentience. When someone with a very imaginative mind or a group of people get together that are very fearful of something, it is said that a physical tulpa is created that takes that form and can do what the entity they were scared of can do.

        1. No. Stephen King’s the dark half is about a mans twin, killed/absorbed at birth, who came back when the “real half” held a fake funeral for the “creative, fake half”. This was brought upon him by imagination/visualization.

      1. There’s a pretty good description of how it works in “Paradox Lost”. They build up an entire fake world, a heaven. It says it works best in less inhabited places, because there aren’t people who aren’t imagining it. Most people don’t believe in it anyway, which would make it impossible. It helps explain religions and mythology, too, because once the people who believed in their gods died out the gods themselves disappeared also.

      2. Yeah you really can create these. I am the head of a paranormal group in St. Louis and actually just did a presentation that included thought forms. Really a creepy thing.

      3. If tulpa is real, there’d be fairies and dragons and other crazy things some people believe in. Think about it.

        1. No, there wouldn’t. I think you missed the point that if there is anyone nearby who DOES NOT believe in such things, they cannot take a physical form. Tulpas are born of pure and utter devotion and can only take a physical form if everyone around it indiscriminately believes it is there.

        2. RetardedWalrusNarhwal

          So theoretically, if i got some friends that have bigass imaginations and we thought long and hard about.. I don’t know, a soul eating demon, it would eventually take a shape and voila, we’ve made a soul eating demon? Shit.

        3. Dude I’ve seen Slenderman in the woods behind the local elementary school, hightailed it back inside was so scared. No one was with me so they don’t believe me. After reading this I think he might be a Tulpa.

        4. Negative.

          This story is an exaggeration of an extensive human function. The brain allows for extensive manipulation of manifestation to a degree that is not physically but mentally apparent.

          Not to mention, empowering a replica of yourself which your inner subcon. knows better than anything or anyone is an entirely separate process than conjuring a fairy or a dragon with it’s own thought process or anatomical construction.

          Sorry, but your comment is a little flawed. Also — this story is basis for a mentally pictured image that isn’t really there. /smh Did you even read the story?

        1. frisbeebiscuit

          i have one too. her name is juniper. one time in freshman year i drew her and the only way to explain her to somebody was to say she was an alter ego and now everyone thinks im insane

        2. i have one his name is free (short for freelancer) he looks like me but with a big mouth filled with sharp teeth and he has red snake eyes. sadly though he doesnt speak because he has no vocal chords so all he does is growls. sometimes i find myself growling.

      4. There’s an episode of Supernatural about them. They’re like demi-gods. But there has to be a certain symbol involved.

      5. I know that your comment is old, but I truly hope that you see this… can you give me more details on how this can be done? Or, give me a source in which I can learn more about this subject?

      6. So, it’s a little like Daemons from Phillip Pullman’s Golden Compass series? Except a tulpa is a person, and a daemon is an animal.

      7. You cannot be serious…

        If you actually think Tulpas are real then… wow. Ever heard of this fella called science? He disagrees. These stories are awesome, I love a good creepypasta as much as the next guy, but don’t be stupid about it.

        1. Random dude who pops out of nowhere to reply to comments

          it’s a boggart, and the spell is riddikulus. wish i had a wand myself.

      8. A tulpa is a created consciousness separate from your own that you make by focusing hard enough on the second being, it doesn’t have to have a form but it does have self awareness. It isn’t physically real and doesn’t really exist to anyone but yourself, but it is a real thing you can do. It’s kind of like an imaginary friend on higher level.

      9. so like that episode of supernatural? i love when i realise that a ‘monster’ on spn is actul based off real myths

    2. Damn… What could have made this better was if he actually became the “tulpa” and the tulpa became the real one. Kinda like he was the imagine-r and in the end, he was the one being imagined. I hope there’s a story related to what I’ve said or is actually like that.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top