Advertisement
Please wait...

The Man in the Snow



Estimated reading time — < 1 minute

You are home alone, and you hear on the news about the profile of a murderer who is on the loose.

You look out the sliding glass doors to your backyard, and you notice a man standing out in the snow. He fits the profile of the murderer exactly, and he is smiling at you.

You gulp, picking up the phone to your right and dialing 911. You look back out the glass as you press the phone to your ear, and notice he is much closer to you now.

Advertisements

You then drop the phone in shock.

Advertisements

There are no footprints in the snow.

It’s his reflection.

Advertisements

CREDIT: Anonymous

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

108 thoughts on “The Man in the Snow”

  1. considering that my “sliding glass doors” are at a higher elevation than the ground, the murder would be in “no-clippping” mode in my hardwood floors. plus i think i would notice if a person in the backyard was a reflection or not.

  2. You do know this can’t happen. Seeing as the man would have been stood behind her for her to see his reflection in the window. The girls body would have been blocking the rest of the man’s body therefore she would only she his head behind hers. Good try though, but it isn’t very well thought out.

  3. I read a story almost exactly like this one, only it was longer. The kid had been left home alone and was watching scary movies. Looked up and saw a man outside the sliding glass doors and called the cops, when they get there, there weren’t any footprints in the snow but they found snow behind the couch as well as a knife. It really creeped me out and I couldn’t sleep that night because of that story and a few other ones. Also I looked up a lot of really creepy things that I am not going to mention on here because its not for everyone.

  4. I like it this is the first creepy pasta that made my blood run cold and I hate being home alone inuf but this made it skyrocket to me being afraid of being home alone so much that I keep a knife with me at all times

  5. You’re in your house , you notice a murderer coming your way , you find your balls and go kill him instead of asking for help and cowering , how about that !!

  6. You’re in your house , you notice a murder coming your way , you find your balls and go kill him instead of asking for help and cowering , how about that !!

  7. This one’s my favourite. The first time I read it I was home alone and in the dark (i’m a bit of a masochist). I just about cried.

  8. Tbh, i’ve herd and read the original story. The last line isn’t usually included, which makes it alot better.

  9. I know I didn’t do justice to it. But I enjoyed how sweet and short it was. It’s beautiful. I read it… with some added sound effects but again, it’s not nearly as creepy as read in one’s own head.

  10. Lol I’m an idiot, I thought the twist was that he was the murderer LOL and thought it was really stupid, then I read ending again and shat myself.

  11. Though it is a nice concept, I don’t think this could work. for one thing, it night, and it’s generally difficult to see outside when you’re inside withthe lights on. Furthermore, if i understand the story, the murderer is behind you, and have seen your reflection with his.

  12. very good. we need to see more of these on pasta. theyre short but good. those are my favorite types. short. direct, yet suspensful, and of course creepy.

  13. This made my blood run cold. I imagine the murderer as a Hunter from L4D, and a evil smile from a Hunter…*Shivers*

  14. From the Creepypasta

    I like how it turned out. I don’t think that the title really gave it away, though, because it was so short I expected the killer to be there, anyway. What I didn’t expect was the clever use of description to twist the story. Very well done, I liked it.

  15. This story…….. I under stand it a man in the snow. I face it my self. And i know u dont wana.
    ——————————-Mr. Unknown—————————————

  16. I always thought the story was saying that the person reaching for the phone was the killer and was just seeing his reflection. Is this right or do I just sound like a complete idiot right now?

  17. Avidcreepypastareader

    That was the only creepy pasta I’ve ever read that scared the living daylights out of me! I’ve been creeped out/mortifided by some but this is just my favorite.

  18. blabla shut the fuck up

    Really? Are people on this site retarded? I believe it is saying YOU are the murderer.

    if im wrong, im the retard. /shrug

  19. i.hear.the.drums

    Wow. First one I’ve read that made my heart skip a beat, flinch, and my blood run cold.
    Ugh… *shivers* Very delicious pasta.

  20. wow…last line just kills it…and for the looks, I’m getting sort of a homeless guy / jesus feel for the killer…but yeah, I liked it until the last line

  21. OH MY GOD.

    I had to reread it before I got that he was INSIDE the house.
    At first, I thought that the murderer was the person about to call 911.

    Second favorite pasta. :D Thanks.

  22. This is why you should never trust shiny glass screen doors and windows. In the day you walk into the glass door thinking it’s open and at night you think the people are outside when they are really in :\
    Mindfuck really ……anyway awsome pasta ;)

  23. What’s scarier, a crazed murderer standing outside your door smiling at you, or realizing that you’re the murderer? Personally I’d rather be a crazy murderer than confront one through a glass door.

        1. Same here, I went full retard, wondering why he wouldn’t know he was a serial killer, “OH SH8” were my exact words when the truth hit me XD

  24. something like this actually happened to me before, i was sitting in starbucks reading a novel and i noticed a car stopped in front of me behind the glass door with this dude sitting in it. He was there for quite a while, about 3 hours when i realised the guy was actually the reflection of this man sitting behind me

  25. lol thousands of invisible penises

    does not work. reflection is ghostly character and he would have seen him floating. he would have gotten it on the first look, exept if he’s from somalia

  26. The reflection title dosent ruin it, becuase reflections are used all the time in creepypasta (usually involving mirrors and the occult).
    anyway good story, quite creepy first time i read it.

  27. That’d totally freak me out. Thinking I’m protected by a window then, oops no. He’s right next to me, goodbye world

  28. Is it really that hard to tell the difference between someone on the other side of sliding glass doors and someone’s reflection on the glass from your side…?

    It’s a good story, but I think I’d be able to figure it out and at least get hacked to bits knowing that it didn’t take me any time to do it.

  29. I’ve hated this one for years and years and years since I read it in like… Teen when I was a teenager. Gah! *yanks blinds down and hides under the blanket with a baseball bat*

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top