Advertisement
Please wait...

What Are The Scariest Places On Google Earth? The Truth Revealed



Estimated reading time — 3 minutes

Are you fond of weird, scary, and mysterious places? Or maybe you have already visited all the interesting locations near you and are looking for something new. Our world is full of surprises. A recent trend that became especially popular among people was finding the scariest places on Google Maps. To be honest, there are quite a lot of satellite and street-view pictures that can give you the chills. 

Let’s explore several of the scariest places on Google Earth. The list includes Kingseat Psychiatric Hospital, Mesa Heurfanita, UFO Triangles, Portal to hell, and Huge Bunny Rabbit.

Top 5 Scariest Places on Google Earth

1. Kingseat Hospital 

If you look up Kingseat Hospital on Google Maps, you will eventually know what we are talking about here. This former psychiatric hospital is today considered to be one of the most haunted locations in New Zealand. In addition, there have been numerous apparition claims reported over the years. This hospital is located in the region of Karaka, near Auckland

Advertisements

The hospital territory is today used for the “Spookers.” The main activities include laser combat and Asylum Paintball. It turns out that laser combat still tends to be especially popular among youngsters who enjoy gambling. At least, that’s what you can read on forums and discussions on this online casino in New Zealand

Many people have claimed that the locations are haunted. However, even if you do not visit this place in person and just check it on Google Maps, you will definitely agree that it is one of the scariest places on Google Earth. The weirdest thing is that you can definitely see the shapes of the cross on the buildings around the psychiatric hospital. 

2. Mesa Huerfanita

Mesa Heurfanita is a mountain located in New Mexico, United States. The mountain is 6,348 ft high and is considered to be one of the scariest places on Google Earth. But why is the place scary and strange? Well, the area has two large diamond-like etchings, each of them located in a circle. The circles are overlapped.

Some people believe that there are hidden bunkers underneath this area which was for the church of Scientology. Those symbols are believed to be like a guide in case of a planetary “Armageddon.” 

3. UFO Triangle

In 2007, a strange place was discovered in Australia on Google Earth. The triangle has dots that connect opposite corners, and those dots are lit brightly. Some people even claim that they saw UFOs above this triangle hovering in the sky. However, some people claim that this triangle is a wind farm; wires form the triangles and are controlled by transmitting signals. 

Advertisements

4. “Portal To Hell”

At one point, all of us checked out the neighborhoods of the USA and saw images of different areas. So, if you come across New Baltimore, look more carefully. This area has very disturbing and weird images. Can you imagine the nightmare? Or a horror movie? That is exactly what those images look like.

Advertisements

The buildings are twisted, people are like shadow figures, and everything is blended. Even though later on, it revealed that those blurred images were a result of a technical problem, it is still quite creepy. 

5. Huge, Pink Bunny Rabbit

A giant pink bunny rabbit, with a creepy size, is undoubtedly among the scariest places on Google Earth. It is located in the northern part of Italy, near the Colleton Fava Mountain, which is located in the Piedmont region. The bunny is 200 feet long and is light pink in color. 

Advertisements

Even though it may look pretty scary from above, this bunny rabbit is an art installation. The Viennese art collective, Gelitin, knitted the sculpture. You may wonder, What is the purpose of it? Why is it in this specific location, and what does it represent? The rabbit is like a tourist attraction; people can climb on it and even sleep on it.

Bottom Line

It is amazing how technologies can find all our world’s weird and dark secrets. Google Earth created an opportunity to see different countries and “walk” in the streets of cities, towns, and villages that are actually located thousands of miles away. 

Above, we discussed the five scariest places on Google Earth. Despite the fact that most of them have their own explanations, they are quite creepy to see. 

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top