Advertisement
Please wait...

Top 7 Scariest Characters from Horror Movies



Estimated reading time — 3 minutes

Would you rather watch a horror movie or a comedy with your friends on a Friday night? Well, since you are here, you are more likely to watch a horror movie. Experiencing terrifying facts can be a lot of fun, but it’s not that easy to find a good horror movie that you’ve never seen before. 

We picked up the seven most scary characters from horror movies, which might help you find threatening movie material for your next Friday night. 

Top 7 Horror Characters of All Time

  1. Pazuzu from The Exorcist

Pazuzu, the Exorcist, is a fictional creature and the main scary character in William Peter Blatty’s horror book and movie franchise. Blatty took inspiration for the role from Assyrian and Babylonian mythology, where the great Pazuzu was considered the ruler of wind demons and the son of the deity Hanbi. 

Advertisements

With its right hand pointing upward and its left hand pointing downward, Pazuzu is often shown as a hybrid of animal and human elements. 

  1. Norman Bates from Psycho

Norman Bates is the great slasher movie killer, debatably even the first. A young man with dissociative identity disorder, Norman Bates, manages a modest off-the-beaten-path hotel in Fairvale, California, a young man with dissociative identity disorder. Bates’ mother, Norma, severely abused him emotionally as a youngster by teaching him that all sex was evil and that other women were prostitutes.

Although Norman first seems like a decent person, he is a guy with mental health issues who soon develops into a more negative character. Though his illness is unclear, he is frequently anti-social, dissociative, prone to blackouts, and suffers from visual hallucinations.

  1. Roy ‘The Word’ Donahue from The Haunted Casino 

Well, horror movies about casinos have their charm, don’t they? It’s especially true if you’re a fan of online casino websites. Matthew Dragna, his girlfriend JJ, and a few other people decide to check out the property after Matthew inherits a dilapidated old casino from his late uncle. 

Unfortunately, it turns out that the violent and vengeful ghosts of ruthless Las Vegas gangster Roy “The Word” Donahue and his equally evil sidekick Gil Wachetta haunt the place.

  1. The Thing from the Thing

The Thing is the main antagonist of the 1982 science fiction film of the same name – The Thing. Aliens are often represented as villains, but an extraterrestrial like the one in John Carpenter’s The Thing is an entirely different evil. It may absorb other living forms, allowing it to persist. The Thing is an assimilation force that is both cunningly inventive in its skills and creativity.

Advertisements
Advertisements
  1. Ash from The Evil Dead

Ashley James Williams, born in 1969, was a kid who had been touched by the light of God, making him the one who had been chosen. While infant Ash was still in the hospital, a cult that adored the Necronomicon found him and cursed him.

Ash, the ultimate survivor in the first Evil Dead film, is remembered as a renowned horror character for his ability to battle several evil spirits. His most recognizable appearance may be found in the later movies and the television series Ash v. Evil Dead when his right arm is noticeably replaced with a chainsaw. 

  1. Pennywise from It

Who doesn’t fear clowns? They represent some of the most horrific villains in the history of horror. In this film, a supernatural clown can materialize any person’s dread based just on their ideas. It’s a cosmic divinity from long ago. A deity that destroys not just our planet but also other worlds and even other universes.

The antagonist was initially portrayed by Tim Curry in the 1990 miniseries, and Bill Skarsgard has assumed the role in a revival of the same name that will conclude in 2019.

Advertisements
  1. Babadook from The Babadook

The boogeyman Mister Babadook, sometimes known as simply the Babadook, makes an appearance in the 2014 horror movie of the same name. Before a leak from one of the performers, it had been mostly hidden that he was based on an ancient tale known as the Baddaduk.

Even the movie’s representation of the existential dread of losing your life partner in a senseless catastrophe and having to live with a depressing reminder is terrible.

Bottom Line

The world of horror movies is very diverse and interesting, and so is the list of unique villains. The horror genre is gaining more and more popularity, and the techniques of making good horror movies give us incredible villains that are getting way too realistic. 

If you want to add more characters to your villains’ list, you must check out some of the horror movies mentioned in the article, but we recommend you don’t do it alone!

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top