Advertisement
Please wait...

The Statue



Estimated reading time — 2 minutes

You some how wake up surrounded by very tall hedges. You are very disoriented and groggy. As you observe your surroundings, you realize that you are in a very complex hedge maze. The hedges are 10 feet high and impossible to see over. There is a light fog dispersed throughout the area. You don’t know how you got there or why you’re there. All you know is that you want to get out as quickly as you can.

You feel a strange sensation as you explore the large maze. As you explore the maze, the fog becomes thicker and your heart becomes heavier. After several hours of wandering, you end up in what appears to be the heart of the maze. Your body freezes as your eyes lay upon a large stone statue of some sort of disfigured creature. The statue is missing one of its arms. Its feet and one hand look like that of a reptilian. Its face is deformed and difficult to see and clear features. But there is one feature you can recognize; a revolting, twisted grin with sharp jagged teeth. Your body is still frozen as if though someone had paralyzed you. The statue appears to be looking right at you from about 500 feet away. There is something very unsettling and disturbing about this particular statue.

You realize that you can still blink your eyelids. You blink once. It’s as though the statue had moved closer towards you. You think to yourself that it’s just your wild imagination. You blink again. The statue still appears to be moving closer still. You try not to blink anymore, but your watery eyes get the best of you. As you blink several times, the statue creeps closer and closer. It eventually reaches the point when the statue is only 5 feet away from where you’re standing. The grin on the statue appears to be larger and more disturbing then ever. It’s as though you can feel it breathing right upon your face. You are struggling to keep your eyes open. As your eyes water and become very irritable, you become fearful on how close your next blink will bring the statue. Your eyes close.

Advertisements
Advertisements
Advertisements


Credited to Brad H.

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

111 thoughts on “The Statue”

  1. :O I like the pasta, but I was thinking of the Weeping Angels from Doctor Who the whole time….’Don’t Blink. Blink and you’re dead.’

  2. And then just as your about to blink for the last time you hear a strange noise and out of nowhere comes a big blue box.

  3. Anyone else reminded of “The Angels Take Manhattan” when Rory is sent to the appartments, this whole maze could be a farm for the Angels!!

  4. Not bad, and as far as it being compared to other writings/movies/shows that’s a bit unfair folks.
    Bravo.

  5. Okay, that was good. But, it went way too fast. I don’t know, but to me the shortness ruined it. Plus, the maze seems to have nothing to do with the story.Good, but it still needs some work.

  6. Weeping Angels

    We have no affiliation with this statue. We don’t know who this motherfucking poser is, but we’d rather not deal with it. Kthxbye.

  7. You some how wake up surrounded by VERY tall hedges. You are VERY disoriented and groggy. As you observe your surroundings, you realize that you are in a VERY complex hedge maze.

    gvduijefw shut the fuck up and expand your vocabulary.

  8. Child of Shadow

    Isn’t this a episode of Doctoe Who? The one about the weeping angels? Oh, God I love that episode. :D

  9. Plagiarism should not be tolerated. That said, this is not exactly an official website, not offence Phone. Also, I can remember at least one Dr. Who episode that surpassed this one in pure scariness.
    “Mummy? Are you my Mummy? Please let me in Mummy, I’m scared of the bombs.”

    Fear the Darkness

    -Nex

  10. For goodness sakes, the statue is missing one arm. So even if it were to come alive, you can still beat it down. What is it going to do? Hit you repeatedly with one arm? And if it doesn’t have a tail, it’ll be even easier to take down because it can’t balance.

    Secondly, don’t just stand there frozen and blinking, idiot. Run or grab a stick to whack it when it comes for you.

  11. Doctor Who FTW.

    Seriously, it’s pretty funny when one of their lowest tech/budget episodes are bothe the creepiest and the coolest.

  12. Moral of the story:
    Never go to sleep at a college party. They leave you in some pretty weird situations.

  13. You some how wake up surrounded by very tall hedges. You are very disoriented and groggy. As you observe your surroundings, you realize that you are in a very complex hedge maze. The hedges are 10 feet high and impossible to see over. There are exits to the NORTH and SOUTH. There is an ORANGE here.

    >

  14. Two things. The maze, obviously inspired by the fourth Harry Potter book.
    The statue? A liiiiiittle too much Doctor Who :D
    bingle bongle dingle dangle, lickety doo, lickety da, lippy tappy too ta.

  15. I want to know what happens when the statue gets to you. Does it send you back in time so you live yourself to death, like the Weeping Angels in Doctor Who, or does some other horrific fate befall you?
    I quite liked this pasta, even if it is very similar to many other things.
    Also, my favourite DW quote comes from Blink. ‘Yeah, listen, listen, got to dash… things happening. Well… four things. Well… four things and a lizard.’

  16. It’s a horrible story. The idea was good, if not overused. It’s been in countless books and movies, even if people only remember the statues from Dr. Who. The style left a lot to be desired. I was thoroughly disappointed.

  17. First WHy does no one run through the scary hedges but all and all very intresting The hunter will let you live for now.

  18. Anonymousity x 2

    “You some how wake up surrounded by very tall hedges. You are very disoriented and groggy. As you observe your surroundings, you realize that you are in a very complex hedge maze. The hedges are 10 feet high and impossible to see over. There is a light fog dispersed throughout the area. You don’t know how you got there or why you’re there. All you know is that you want to get out as quickly as you can.”

    Sounds like a evil version of Harry escaping the maze in the Triwizard Tournament. Except Voldermor- *ahem* He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, is replaced with the creepy statue.

  19. Haha, I was thinking DW as well. But that doesn’t mean it’s a bad story, I’d always freak out at creepy distorted statues getting closer and possibly killing me o.O
    *shiver*
    Besides, there are differences between Weeping angels and the distorted statues. So yes, good story. :)

  20. @ WHO WAS PHONE [and other people who haven’t seen it] i strongly recommend that dr. who episode.

    i think it’s on alluc.com or bbcamerica.com
    if i find it i’ll send you a link

  21. Close left eye.
    Open Left eye.
    Close Right eye.
    Open Right eye.

    You don’t need to close both eyes at the same time.

    I love the premise, and the episode of Doctor Who was great (unfortunately whether you saw it or not, the story is just too similar to not be compared) but both this story and Doctor Who episode kinda failed on the part where the protagonists are struggling to keep their eyes open.

    Unless winking is a special ability that few people have mastered?

    It’s still one of the best episodes of Doctor Who though.

  22. Your eyes close. Your brilliant mind has devised a solution, just don’t open your eyes and feel your way out of the maze. You win the game.

  23. @Dodgy Doctor

    Yeah, I know it’s not moving when not in shot, it just creeps me out because the position of the head is, if not identical, then very very similar, so that it’s _as though_ the cat has offscreen teleportation or whatever.

  24. shortys roc my sox

    @ brad h

    i liked this one no matter if its was stolen from dr. who or not and i believe you didn’t get it from dr. who it just reminded me of that

  25. @Happy Apple

    You know the cat is moving when not in shot right? Somehow the owner has managed to train a Ninja Kitteh! I’m more concerned about how many Ninja Kittehs there are.

    Brix were now shat!

  26. I like the premise on this on, however, I’m sad to say that, for me, the writing left something to be desired.

    The author uses quite a few simple sentences and rarely if ever varies his sentence structure, making the piece feel jumpy. Also, I do believe that the author is thinking of a Labyrinth, which is a type of maze, so he could probably vary his word choice without sacrificing meaning.

    The story also contains a few awkward phrases such as “You feel a strange sensation as you explore the large maze. As you explore the maze, the fog becomes thicker”

    Basically? In my opinion, it’s a good start, but the writing really distracted me from the story. However, with some proof reading and polishing, this story could definitely become a good one.

  27. I swear I have never seen the shining or watched an episode of Dr. Who

    I just got this idea from a statue that I used to have in my backyard and I was paranoid of it becoming closer

  28. This device has indeed been used a good deal, but that doesn’t make it any less unsettling and/or frightening.

    Then again, I spook easily.

    Hell, that Youtube video with the cat that kept coming closer freaked me out… so grain of salt, I guess. Anyway! This worked really well for me and I enjoyed it and I guess I’m off to have crazy nightmares now.

    That video, by the way: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muLIPWjks_M

  29. I haven’t seen this episode of Dr. Who you’re all talking about, but this is just like a nightmare I had when I was little (except replace the statue with a creepy little girl in a rocking chair), so it freaked me out plenty when it showed up in my email :/

    So um um, DR. WHO RIPPED OFF MY BRAIN!

    …sorry, I wanted to be cool and bitch about originality, too ;)

  30. what if you just keep your eyes closed? o.O if you dont open them it wouldnt be like blinking. and then u just stand there with your eyes closed….forever.lol. id rather die XD

  31. shortys roc my sox

    i don’t mean to ruin the greatness of this story but it is almost exactly like an episode of doctor Who but it was still better only because you don’t truly know in this one if he died

  32. Pretty much the exact idea of the statue has been done in tons of books and even an episode of dr who. not exactly original

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top