MORE TOP RANKED STORIES WE THINK YOU'LL ENJOY:
- Revelations (Sequel to The Fort and Survival) ★ 9.19 Rating (16 votes)
- Oppression ★ 9.18 Rating (28 votes)
- Psychosis ★ 9.16 Rating (19297 votes)
- He Who Wanders ★ 9.15 Rating (429 votes)
- Bedtime ★ 9.14 Rating (11086 votes)
- The Seer of Possibilities ★ 9.14 Rating (7475 votes)
- Mr. Widemouth ★ 9.13 Rating (8744 votes)
- In the Walls ★ 9.13 Rating (1745 votes)
- The Melancholy of Herbert Solomon ★ 9.12 Rating (3356 votes)
- Artificial ★ 9.12 Rating (1883 votes)
Somewhere in the Pacific ocean is an island, surrounded by a swamp filled with the carcasses of fish and other, less recognizable things poking out of the mud. The mire extends as far as you can see.
Every so often, the mud will dry enough under that you can walk on it; about a days travel from shore is a large mound, at the top of which is an immense canyon, the bottom of which cannot be seen, although if the moon is large enough you will be able to see the slope of the canyon, and eventually the bottom, which is covered by a strange body of water. Rising from the water is a monolith, which is covered in bas-reliefs.
Those who have seen in related that everything carved onto the surface of the great monolith was a depiction of every major event that happened from the beginning of time: From the destruction of the dinosaurs to the black plague, all the way up to 9/11 and the Iraqi war. Even stranger, people have stated many seeing depictions of events that had not yet happened. When questioned further, the majority would merely shake their head, refusing to elaborate.
However, the others who dared speak would all say something [mostly] similar to, “Just let it happen. It can’t be stopped, anyhow.”