Advertisement
Please wait...

The Notebook



Estimated reading time — < 1 minute

Somewhere in the world, there is a collection of books. Perhaps it’s in a dusty, unpainted shelf in the back corner of someone’s attic; perhaps it’s in a set of musty boxes in the basement of some tiny, obscure library. It contains a few hundred volumes, all handwritten, ranging from leather-bound volumes with yellowing pages two hundred years old through to modern spiral-bound notebooks. All of them are diaries, some by famous people, some by not-so famous people, but all by the most horrific madmen and murderers the world has ever known. And the collection is growing. For if you ever find it, you will hear a faint scratching sound, coming from the newest volume of the set. This volume will be new, and filled with blank pages, except for the first. On this first page, you will find the beginning of your own diary, written in your own hand.

Advertisements
Advertisements
Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

33 thoughts on “The Notebook”

  1. Lol @ all the Death Note references. This was a yummy pasta that oddly gave me inspiration to write one myself. I might even come back for seconds.
    8/10

  2. Totally Death Note: …The author commented and even said that the inspiration is Discworld. Besides, these are diaries that chronicle the lives of madmen. How does that compare to a book you can write in to kill a person?

  3. #
    Kite Jul 11th 2008

    If ever there was an incentive to explore the loft, this is it, not much else to say.

    Kite, you have a good idea here :P

  4. I can only imagine an organization of murderers and psychos meeting every decade in some fucked up warehouse and debating on where to put their library next.

  5. I’d be too absrobed in reading the old ones to even notice the scratching sound. I love old books, and if they’re the diaries of mass murderers then even better. They fascinate me.

  6. I’m delighted to see this here. I wrote this for a creepypasta thread shortly before the creation of /x/ in response to complaints that there was never any original content in them. It was inspired by the self-writing biographies in Death’s library in the Discworld novels, and I had originally intended to use it in a World of Darkness game, but never got around to doing it.

  7. No, your not supposed to fill it out like your other diary. This is a totally new one.

    And the first page is filled out.

    Probobly with the events of that day, and how you found these books.

  8. Rather than being creepy, this one just makes me feel a bit safer and happier that I’m not the one getting screwed over.

    That’s not to say I didn’t like it, however. Sure, there’s the big problem of seeing your own diary and being forced to write EVERY SINGLE WORD as it’s laid out in there, though that’s not really been proven as fact seeing as this never happened.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top