Advertisement
Please wait...

The Mistake



Estimated reading time — 3 minutes

I was awoken by a low thumping sound. Startled, I sat up in bed but I could see nothing in the darkness of my room. No odd shapes. Thinking it was my imagination, I went back to sleep. But a few minutes later, the low thumping happened again. I opened my eyes and glanced at the clock next to my nightstand, it read 12:00 am.

Midnight, the witching hour. I snorted at the silly saying. I didn’t believe in such nonsense. I believed the thumping was probably an animal on the roof, all sorts of night animals tend to get up there. Especially at this hour. The sound had to be coming from above, and just sounds like it’s in my room.

I was about to close my eyes again, but suddenly the thumping happened again. Louder.

Ok, so now I’m a little creeped out. I never heard something so loud before. I shut my eyes tight and tried to fall back asleep. I wish my parents were home, they left earlier today to visit my sick grandma. And my older brother is spending the night with his girlfriend.

I almost wished Ashley was here. She’s this annoying airhead from my school, can’t stand her snobby attitude and it sucked she lived next door. At the moment though, I started wishing even she was here with me.

THUMP.

Oh god. I pulled the covers over my head and tried to ignore the sound. It has to be my imagination. Yep, just imagining it.

I shouldn’t have read so many creepypasta stories before falling asleep. Creepy stories from the site always give me nightmares.

An hour passed.

No more thumping. Good, starting to feel sleepy again. As I start to doze off, I hear the whisper.

“I have come for you…..”

My eyes shot open.

“I will feast on your soft flesh…”

I started to cry, that voice was real. There was something in the room with me.

“I will enjoy the sounds of your screams while I slowly peel off your skin…”

I didn’t want to look, but I felt like I had too.

My eyes tried to locate the smooth deep voice, the voice that was threatening horrid things.

I quickly spotted it.

He was at the foot of my bed. Even in the darkness, I could see how tall he was. And very pale.  His large black eyes glared down at me with such intense hatred. Why was he angry at me? I don’t understand, but did I even want to?

Advertisements

“Tonight, Ashley, you will die…” He whispered angrily.

I was about to scream, but then I realized something….did he just say Ashley?!

“I…I’m not Ashley!” I managed to shout at the pale man.

“…..You’re not?”  Asked the pale man, with a puzzled expression.

“Um, no. My name’s Erika, Ashley lives in the house next door.” I explained nervously.

The pale man stared at me for a moment, and then he pulled out a piece of paper from a pocket and studied it. With a look of annoyance, he stuffed the paper back in his pocket and smiled at me. Oh god, his smile. His mouth was too wide, and his teeth were sharp. Maybe even razor sharp.

“My deepest apologies. I was given the wrong information. Sorry to have disturbed your rest.” He said politely, and then I watched stunned, as he crawled out my bedroom window.

“Oh!” He popped his head back inside and grinned at me with that large scary grin. “I know this is rather strange, coming from me, but…would you like to maybe…catch a movie one of these days…or dinner perhaps?”

Advertisements

“…..I’m kind of already seeing someone…” I said.

“Oh, pity. Well have a good night!” He said as his head pocked back out.

I stood frozen for a bit. I couldn’t believe what just happened. Nobody would believe me!

Well it was gone now, whatever the hell he was. I finally breathed a sigh of relief, I was brave enough to finally move and went to close my window and lock it securely.

As I settled in to sleep, I realized something.

It was going to get airhead Ashley!

I was about to dart out of bed, but stopped.
Eh, she was pretty nasty to everybody. Not like she was somebody I cared for too.

Oh well, I thought, as I snuggled back into my warm blankets and went back to sleep.

Credit To: [email protected]

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

26 thoughts on “The Mistake”

  1. The beginning really creeped me out and then I was laughing so it was all good -3-
    Well-written and realistic, as much as this could be realistic. Funny, too.

  2. Was it The Rake? I didn’t understand who the person was. Just a figment of the author’s imagination?
    I still give it a 10/10.

  3. Wow, lol, I really loved the dark humor in this! Very creepy, and definitely original. Be sure to watch out for your tenses, though. Every now and again you jump from the past tense to the present, and back again. Also, there are two things I want to know more about in this story: 1) I want to know more about this Ashley girl and why I shouldn’t care that a psycho is going to murder her in her sleep and 2) I want to know more about the narrator. Until the killer asked her out, I didn’t even know what gender they were. All in all, I’d give this delicious piece a 7/10

  4. Wow, something original and new. It wasn’t that creepy but for irony and comedy I give this an 9/10!

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top