Advertisement
Please wait...

Spookiest Heroes in Video Games



Estimated reading time — 3 minutes

When it comes to the horror genre, game developers probably acknowledge how video game fans admire spooky characters. That’s why they provide a wider range of scary video game monsters than anyone could have ever imagined!

If you enjoy playing with super spooky heroes in video games, this article is for you! We’ve decided to gather some of the spookiest characters in video games and share them with you. Let’s get started!

5 Spooky Characters in Video Games

  1. Kackle in Donkey Kong Country 2

If you’ve ever played Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy’s Kong Quest, you’re probably familiar with the ghost pirate Kremling, who is named Krackle. It’s a mysterious character that wears eyepatches and hovers around similar creatures. A single look at this character’s appearance is enough to conclude that it’s one of the spookiest characters in the modern video gaming industry. In fact, he’s dressed like a pirate, doesn’t have any legs, and is considered undead. 

Advertisements

Crackle usually appears at a particular stage of the game in Haunted Hall. And if you want to experience additional horror but haven’t played with this spooky character yet, sit tight or gather your friends because the entire fun is ahead of you!

  1. Venomancer in Dota 2

Who could have imagined that a hero from Dota 2 would end up on the list of the spookiest characters ever? But here it is! Surprisingly, some of the fans of this classic video game even think that Dota 2 has become a horror game. But others prefer to consider it just a fun betting game that offers plenty of opportunities for players who enjoy risk-taking. For example, if you check this Parimatch Dota 2 betting guide, you can easily see various betting odds for this game.

The spooky character that we’re referring to from this popular video game is Venomancer. It’s a creature that brings a slow death to its enemies. In fact, a single touch of Venomancer is enough for other living beings to be infected. The fact that this creature is part reptile and part orchid adds to its creepiness. And that’s why Dota 2 fans enjoy having fun with this hero so much.

  1. Phantump in Pokemon X/Y

Encountering Pokemon X/Y on the list of spooky video games might seem even weirder than the game itself. However, if you take a closer look, you’ll see that there are so many spooky scenes in the game, not to mention the character – Phantump. 

As you can conclude from the name, Pantump is a ghost pokemon. It lives in abandoned forests, and as old legends say, it’s possessed by the spirits of kids who died in the forest. Sounds scary, doesn’t it? Hopefully, once you play the game, this character will arouse some spooky sensations to make you feel frightened!

Advertisements
  1. Regenerador in Resident Evil 4 

This one is indeed one of the spookiest characters from modern video games ever! Regeneradors from Resident Evil 4 are bioweapons that possess regenerative abilities. This means that even if they are destroyed, their bodies have the power to regrow. They look like dull-colored zombies with red eyes and giant teeth. But it’s not only about appearance. Their creepy rapid sounds are another major factor that makes these characters so frightening. 

Advertisements

Considering this, it’s not surprising that a lot of fans of Resident Evil 4 have experienced scary moments with Regeneradors in the process of playing.

  1. Lisa in P.T.

And finally, we’re going to conclude this list of the spookiest characters in modern video games with the most creepy one – Lisa from P.T. It’s a game that started a new era in horror video games, and that’s why it’s still praised after almost a decade since its release. 

Advertisements

The most frightening character in this game is indeed Lisa – a ghost who was murdered with a rifle. Her history is that her husband shot her in the right eye and the stomach while she was pregnant. Afterward, she turned into a ghost and started stalking the players throughout the demo. Once you take a closer look at her behavior and explore the symbolism behind this character, chances are that you’ll agree that she’s one of the spookiest video game characters of all time.

Final Thoughts

Even though we’ve just revealed 4 of the spookiest video game characters today, the list of the heroes in video games that easily thrill players is endless. And this means that there are so many possibilities for horror lovers to have fun while playing video games. 

So, what are you waiting for? Choose your favorite character from these spooky heroes and share your thoughts with us in the comments!

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top