Advertisement
Please wait...

Silence



Estimated reading time — < 1 minute

Try this. Turn off the music. Turn off the TV. If you have to, turn off the computer. Then go to another room, and sit. In total silence. Do you hear that? That ringing? People say it is your brain making up a sound to explain the silence.

People lied.

I cant tell you what is making that sound, but whatever it is, you don’t want to meet it. It is trying to break through. Force its way onto our plane of existence.

Advertisements

Now try this. Repeat the first steps. Turn everything off. This time, turn the lights off too. Still hear that ringing? Better hope you do. If you don’t, its because they have finally managed to break through.

Advertisements

And no amount of running will save you.

Advertisements

Credited to TheCoffinDancer.

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

107 thoughts on “Silence”

  1. I stopped hearing the ringing a couple weeks ago.. now all I hear is my name being whispered continuously.. and it’s making me go INSANE )’: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  2. it is creepy i did it DOZENS of times as a little girl and creeped me the wonk out after thinking of it roght now… btw it was when i once went to bed ALONE. THX. now i feel haunted :-S
    and in my native ways… i need a help from a shaman now… to have a spirit protect me…

  3. Tried it. But all I hear is static and a high pitch tone that buzzed forever.

    I did a second attempt, this time, I lit a candle on the floor and focused on it in total silence.

    Stare at it for a long time until darkness consumes the light. A few moments later, random shapes emerges from pitch dark and a hooded figure appears.

    You can hardly see the hooded figure but if you feel that he’s coming close, shake your head, blink your eyes, until the light from the candle comes back; for if you don’t,

    he will consume you.

  4. heard that the ringing is made by the slenderman… if it is loud he is close… and if it is silence he is far away

  5. The ringing stopped, and i started seeing things moving in the dark……… who needs sleep, because apparently i don’t any more

  6. Pff. The reason you wont hear the ringing is that its sound of electric currents. Turning off everything= no ringing sound.

    Not impressed.

  7. Lilhorn, you are in no way reminicent of the great Mr. Welldone.Do not attempt to mimic him, you’re just proving that you lack a central point of your identity and must copy the ideas and styles of others to make yourself feel important or, God forbid, cool. If you have anything to say, say it in an original way. Thankyou.

    Fear the Darkness

    -Nex

  8. I will never hear the silence, only that ringing tone. I have chronic tinnitus. TURN THE MUSIC DOWN PEOPLE, I can’t sleep anymore with this

  9. That ringing is actually cells in your ears repairing themselves, when you hear it wears them out through the day, and you have to allow some time for silence (usually sleep) to let the cells repair themselves…

  10. You know, this is actually pretty damn creepy from my neck of the woods.

    In a town that’s name means “Little Nothing” it’s easy to be surrounded by silence for at least a three-mile radius…
    Damn new developments, no one lives there, there are no houses there yet, and it’s driven all the animals away…
    The woods are dead silent for the first time in ages, and it scares the shit out of me.

    Wait…
    Did I just hear the sound of a tree falling in the woods?
    I really need to close my windows.

  11. I like this one because it tricks you. The ringing is actually the lights being on (Because of the electricity), so when you do it the first time, you hear the ringing. The second time around, the light isn’t on, so you can’t hear it. I always notice it with my TV and computer and such. This is great, especially if you can get someone to try it.

  12. mr. welldone is a character (if anybody takes me literally on that i swear i’ll regurgitate my own organs).

    it’d disappoint me to watch him disappear. i love to watch this unfold. it’s entertaining. deliciously so. <3

  13. mr welldone, stop pretending to be some omnipotent being of shadow, and just go away. noone likes you. seriosly your just some fat, greesyhaired teen pretending to be satan or something. go back to 4chan or play videogames or something, just dont suffer us to believe a hope eating entinty such as that really posts o 4chan and creepypasta

  14. @59
    Well aren’t you a bustle of sunshine and happiness?

    Do you feel the need to be a meaner to random people on the internet because you can? Because it’s a nice outlet: you don’t have to face and deal with the people you mess with, so it’s all that much easier.

    Or are you truly an asshole in real life?

    Either way. I disagree. I think it’s all the music I blare into my ears.

    Unless you’re a medical professional, I don’t think you’re credible to say that it is, in fact, tinnitus.

    Thank you.

  15. @9
    let them be stupid.

    There will be less of them to deal with soon enough, deary.
    ~~~~
    On another note…
    The ringing in my ears is particularly loud, high pitched, and rather maddening if I do say so myself. Is that a bad sign?

    I jest.

    But really. This ringing is quite nettlesome…

    Perhaps it’s all the loud music.

  16. OW I POKED MY NOSE *cries*, yay it’s Mr.Welldone hi hunni hows it going? i don’t like the dark because you cant see whos about to murder you but i dont like the light coz youcan see whos about to murder you. my ears hurt.

  17. syrange, I have not read that pasta in forver, and have forgotten about it until now. Close, yes, but mine was in no way, shape or form inspired by that pasta.

  18. You know that ringing sound that you will perceive when you are in a very quiet area? Some people say this is an auditory-illusion brought about the ear’s inability to detect frequencies below the threshold of the human senses. This is completely wrong. That ringing covers up something else altogether. If you are quick, patient, and maybe a little lucky, you will be able to hear past the ringing. What you will hear are voices whispering to each other. They will silence themselves quickly but with practice, you will become more adept at catching and interpreting what they are saying. You will hear things of the past, the present, and the future. However, you must be careful. Because there is no such thing as a voice without a body.

    And when you start noticing them, they will start noticing you.

    Titled: THE RINGING. Found on this site.

    Sorry, but…yeah, this is…pretty close to what we have here. >.>

  19. Snowden, I don’t see how you can say this is old. I wrote this from scratch less than a week ago. This was in no way inspired by the other ringing pastas.

  20. Old pasta is old. I’ve seen this so many times, and I’m pretty sure I’ve seen better versions of this pasta circulating for several years.

  21. I don’t really hear ringing, it’s more like that nokia ringtone… nvm, that’s just my cellphone I swallowed yesterday.

  22. I think you mean WHO WAS PASTA??

    But really, where is it? It shows on the main page but its individual page (like this one) seems to not exist.

  23. THEN WHO WAS SILENCE?

    …just had to say that. >>;; But, this one creeped me out somethin’ good. D: I don’t like the “Ritual” ones, because sometimes something rally small can make something creepy happen…

    But I’ll shut up now. :3

  24. I thought the ringing was to prevent you from hearing some sound us mortals weren’t supposed to hear…

    I don’t know which to root for, now, the silence or the ringing.

  25. Theres a longer version of this where you can break the ringing yourself and voices will replace it and start telling you the future. I liked that one better.

  26. Theres a longer version of this where you can break the ringing yourself and voices will replace it and start telling you the future. I liked that one better.

  27. All things considered, this is really just an abridged version of the other ringing story floating around. The ‘listeners’ are more certifiably homicidal this time, though.

  28. Hello.

    You imbeciles truly do not comprehend the nature of the Darkness, to tempt it so with your grotesque capering.

    It matters not.

    You cannot save yourself.

    It shall reveal itself to you. And you will beg for oblivion before the end.

    1. I know that love is just a shout in to the void and oblivion is inevitable, and I am in love with you.
      Yes, I quoted the fault in our stars on creepypasta.

  29. Do you have anything other than 1st to say?
    Anyways, from the forums. Still creeps me out whenever I see/try it.
    but… WHO WAS PEOPLE?

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top