Advertisement
Please wait...

Mystery of Elvis Presley’s Ghost – Crossing the Line Between Life & Death



Estimated reading time — 3 minutes

The history of Elvis is inseparably connected to the history of Las Vegas, a city rumored to be the site of countless haunted areas, spanning fatal accidents and mysterious deaths. Among these legendary places, the Westgate Hotel stands out as a prominent haunted destination, where the presence of Elvis Presley is said to have taken up residence, refusing to depart its hallowed halls.

But what made the Westgate Hotel so special for Elvis? Why does his spirit continue to haunt its corridors to this day? These are questions that have intrigued believers and skeptics alike.

Previously known as the Las Vegas Hilton, the Westgate Hotel has altered its branding and established itself as a renowned casino in the heart of Las Vegas. Nowadays, it’s one of the most popular spots for gambling enthusiasts and enjoys widespread recognition throughout Nevada with its wide range of casino payment methods. Perhaps it was the Westgate Hotel’s role as the Las Vegas Hilton that drew Elvis to perform here.

Advertisements

Elvis Presley performed at the Westgate Hotel for the first time on July 31, 1969. Over seven years, Elvis gave 837 consecutive performances at the Westgate Hotel. In this hotel, Elvis performed his final concert in December 1976, and the king of rock & roll passed just a few months later in the summer of 1977.

Who knows, perhaps this is what persuaded Elvis Presley to select this location for his stay in the mortal realm…

Credible Sighting of Elvis Presley’s Ghost

Wayne Newton, a close friend of Elvis and a fellow performer in Las Vegas, received a call from the Las Vegas Hilton shortly after Elvis passed away. Back at this time, he was planning to present a performance in tribute to Elvis Presley in Las Vegas as a result of this conversation. 

One night before a performance, a crew worker informed Wayne Newton that the balcony would be kept closed. The lights in the auditorium suddenly went out, all except one, shining a spotlight on Newton as he was singing in the middle of the scene.

Wayne kept singing as the band continued to play, and as he raised his head to the sky, he caught a glimpse of a man entering the balcony. He found it weird since he had been assured there wouldn’t be anyone up there. Newton claimed that the ghostly sight he saw on the balcony was Elvis. He observed that Elvis’s satisfied posture conveyed to him that he was pleased with and appreciated his performance.

Advertisements

Additionally, according to reports from staff members and guests, Elvis’ spirit has been spotted on the casino floor, in the upper levels’ extended, dark halls, and in the Tuscany villa, also known as the Elvis suite. Many guests who stay in the villa now claim to sense Elvis’ presence, perceive his resemblance, and even hear his music playing even when there isn’t a radio on.                                                                                                                                   

Advertisements

Conspiracy Theories Concerning the Death of Elvis Presley

Elvis Presley died on August 16, 1977, at his home, Graceland, in Memphis, Tennessee. Although cardiac arrhythmia has been identified as the cause of death, there continue to be a variety of theories as to what caused him to pass away. Some claim he overdosed on drugs, while others claim he perished as a result of decades of poor health and terrible lifestyle decisions. 

Therefore, the cause of Elvis Presley’s death is still a subject of controversy. However, it is obvious that he had a lengthy history of abusing medications, first taking them as prescribed by doctors to treat various illnesses and injuries before switching to unlawful substances.

In fact, he was using an astounding 12 distinct prescription drugs in the months preceding his death, including sedatives, stimulants, and painkillers. Elvis didn’t reside in a healthy state of mind or body in the years leading up to his passing.

Advertisements

All the Locations Where You Can See Elvis Presley’s Ghost

Along with the Las Vegas Hilton, the most obvious place to start when looking for Elvis Presley’s spirit is Graceland in Memphis, where Presley resided until his death at the age of 42. Many people have claimed that the mansion has a supernatural presence, and you may discover an abundance of reports supporting this claim. Surprisingly, the Graceland kitchen, for instance, keeps up in blog posts concerning paranormal researchers visiting the property.

As expected, given that he filmed more than 40 movies there, Elvis’ ghost can also be seen rather frequently in Hollywood. In 1956, Presley was posing for advertisements for the Heartbreak Hotel while staying at the renowned Knickerbocker Hotel, which he frequently visited in real life. As people claim, Room No. 1016 remains his main focus, yet several visitors have complained that the room is strangely frigid.

Why does Elvis Presley’s spirit continue to persist in this world, crossing the line between life and death? The mystery of why Elvis Presley’s spirit endures in the haunted building continues to leave us with unanswered questions and an insatiable curiosity about the legacy of the King of Rock and Roll.

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top