Advertisement
Please wait...

My Sister, The Artist



Estimated reading time — 3 minutes

For as long as I can remember, my sister Ivory was always the creative one of us two siblings.

She even made a career out of it.

While I was working the typical office job, she made a name for herself teaching an intermediate art class. With her program being a rather popular option for up and coming artists, she had a good amount of spending money on top of a nice house. She even bought herself a nice little upscale apartment as a place for her to be creative and paint.

Advertisements

Due to sudden recent unemployment, I was out of a place to stay. When I brought this up to her, without hesitation, she offered me the chance to stay in her apartment for the mean time.

At least until I got back on my feet.

The next day, I arrived at the place with a few blankets, and my laptop. It really was a nice place, and it was located on the edge of the downtown city.

I decided to make use of my day by job searching.

I went to the public library with my USB drive to print out some physical copies of my resume. I had already filled out a few online job applications, but I decided that applying in person could be smiled upon by certain businesses.

After a day of walking around the city, I was excited to get back to the apartment and enjoy a sleep in a rather classy bed.

Advertisements

My sister had told me that even thought the area was pretty clean and friendly, some shady things had been reported as of recently. So I locked the door with the deadbolt and chain lock.

I had purchased a few precooked dinners from the store that day, so I decided to heat one up for dinner.

I rather quickly finished eating my warmed-up pasta with gravy and retreated to the bedroom, which I was all set up in.

The only other room the apartment had was the one my sister used for her art. The room had a few canvas paintings and blank sheets of poster board.

After browsing Reddit for a while on my laptop, I decided to call it a night. After closing my computer, it didn’t take long for me to fall asleep.

My eyes opened as I heard the deadbolt unlock.

I pressed down on the home button for my phone which was sitting on the night stand.

3 AM.

Advertisements

“Wow. My sister really must have had an unquenchable spark of creativity to come at this hour!” I thought.

Although I though the time was a little strange, I knew that my sister had always been strange. And that’s one of the reasons I loved her so much.

I smiled as I heard her mumble and quietly chuckle to herself.

But I wasn’t completely sure where this odd sort of grinding sound was coming from.

I shrugged it off and figured that it must have been some sort of crafty machine she was using for something with her art.

Nothing seemed too out of the ordinary at the time, and I was really tired.

“Man. Artists are so weird.” I whispered to myself. And with that, I drifted back to sleep.

Advertisements

Morning came.

My sister was gone, and I was once again alone in the apartment.

Since I had exhausted most plausible places for work the day before, I decided to just spend the day bumming around the city and other places I hadn’t explored.

I gleefully got dressed and left the bedroom.

I sure wasn’t going to let some stupid loss of a crummy job ruin my life!

I headed to the door.

I stared at the chain lock.

Credit To – AVIAM1998

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

23 thoughts on “My Sister, The Artist”

  1. I thought this was really well written and held my attention but the end was awful. I understand that nobody could have been in the house because the chain was still locked. What was “the odd sort of grinding noise?” It just didn’t do it for me.

    1. Kimberly Ann Emery

      It has one…
      Think about it. They locked the deadbolt and chain lock….how did the sister get in with the chain lock in place? She couldn’t have…so what came into the apartment?

  2. Nice finish. It’s a shame that not everyone seems to have got it – hence the undeserved low rating – but a story that leaves something up to the reader is *always* better than one which spells everything out in mind-numbing detail.

  3. I have to admit I didn’t really get it at first, but once I realized the point (the sister couldn’t have gotten in with the chain lock in tact) it got a lot creepier. Pretty good story. Nothing special, and pretty cliche, but not bad.

  4. When I read these stories, I’m perfectly willing to suspend my disbelief for things like ghosts, monsters, aliens, conspiracies, science gone awry, boogeymen, ect. But you expect me to believe that an art teacher earns enough money to buy a nice house AND an upscale apartment? C’mon, you’re pushing the bounds of reality, even for Creepypasta!

    Okay, in all seriousness, this was a decent little pasta. From what I gather, it seems like someone was trying to break in, and the scraping was the chain lock holding them back. Looking at the other comments, it appears this may have ended a little too abruptly for some, but I’m okay with it. 7/10

  5. I’m baffled that the rating is even 4.7 right now. This was garbage, no other way to put it. You built up the fact that the sister was an artist and used NOTHING of it. There isn’t even anything to “get” because there’s so much left up for interpretation that no two interpretations are going to be alike.
    2/10

    1. I BELIEVE the idea was that his sister couldn’t have gotten in by just undoing the deadbolt. She’d have had to undo the chain lock from the outside as well… Which is impossible without destroying it or making more noise, and since it was intact in the morning (and he was still the only one there in the morning), we can only assume that either it wasn’t his sister, or his sister wasn’t human.

      I thought it was a cliff-hanger too, until I thought about it for a few minutes.

      This was actually craftily done…. it’s one of those things that you don’t get until you really *think* about it… like seeing a door you know you didn’t leave open, just standing wide open, and when you walk by it and think nothing of it until later on in the day you realize that *you* didn’t open it.

      So… who *did*?

  6. “I stared at the chain lock.” Then what happened, don’t leave me on a cliff hanger.

    Also a shout out to ‘Emily’ for upvoting some of my comments,you have my full respect, *hands respect badge*.

    1. It’s not a cliffhanger. Him staring at the chain lock means that he realizes that you can’t open a chain locked door from the outside, so it’s creepy to think about what actually was in the apartment with him.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top