Advertisement
Please wait...

Horror on the Shoulder



Estimated reading time — 2 minutes

One day, my mother was driving me and my younger brother home from a gymnastics meet. Since we went out to eat after it, it was getting dark when we finally embarked on our journey home.

We were driving down one of the roads to get to our house, which is a secluded branch of a road that veers away from the nearby town–We live down in the boondocks–when I saw what I thought was a little girl curled up on the shoulder of the road.

At first, my mom, who has trouble seeing in the dark, didn’t see the little girl, but I insisted I saw her. My mom has a very motherly persona, so she opted to turn the car around to see if the girl needed help.

We made a U-turn, and circled back to where I had though I saw the little girl. When we reached the spot, she was nowhere to be found. My mom wrote it off as me just being tired from working so hard, so she made another U-turn to continue on our way home.

After about ten minutes of driving, my little brother had yelled from his car seat. “Mamma, the girl!”

My mom instinctively stomped on the breaks, assuming someone was running into the road out of her view. When we didn’t see anything, she asked him what he had meant. He told her that a little girl was sitting on the side of the road and was afraid she was going to get hurt since he was taught to stay away from streets.

My mom glanced out of her side mirror, and I craned my neck to take a look out of the rear window. Nothing.

Advertisements

After quietly scolding my brother under her breath for fabricating what I thought I saw, Mom begun to drive again.

The rest of the twenty minute drive was rather quiet. No one talked, and the little girl didn’t show up again.

Advertisements

When we finally arrived home, my mom shuffled up the stairs to help my brother get ready for bed. I then remembered I forgot my bag in the car, so I turned around in the foyer to go back outside.

Advertisements

I walked outside, went to the passenger’s door, opened it, reached inside, and grabbed my bag. As I ducked out of the car, out of habit, I glanced out the side mirror. When I did, about fifteen feet behind me was the girl I saw on the side of the road about a half hour prior, still curled up and still hugging her knees.

The hair on the back of my neck stood up, so I slammed the car door and bolted to my house. I didn’t bother turning around.

Still to this day, I try to avoid traveling down our road/going outside at night.

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

14 thoughts on “Horror on the Shoulder”

  1. i always try to give these low rated stories a chance, & i always seem to be wasting my time. didn’t explain anything, predictable, and is a common story. 3/10

  2. RoseByAnyOtherName

    This sounds an awful lot like an episode of Paranormal Witness I say…Except when they turned around the car they saw the girl and she like, had no face or something.

  3. When I read the title I thought it referred to someone’s shoulder, which for some reason sounded cool. I was pretty disappointed to find out it was the road shoulder, and even more to find out there was no horror at all, just a harmless, not even spooky apparition of a girl doing nothing.
    Not a bad story in itself, but not creepy and quite pointless.

  4. i think, i never look in the mirror at night for sure! Also rule number 1: Mirros and Darkness, don’t mix!

  5. Endoplasmic Reticulum

    This story had amazing potential, but just seems like he was having minor halusinations of the girl. Also, why was he afraid of her? She could have been actually there and in need of help.

    1. The family was coming home from dinner and when the man looked out the car he found a little girl at the curb. The little boy saw her too another couple min ahead. Mom didn’t believe them and went inside to put the boy down to sleep. The other guy forgot his bag, turned around, went to the car, opened , grabbed bag, looked in the mirror and saw that same little girl.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top