Advertisement
Please wait...

Home Alone

ghost town


Estimated reading time — 4 minutes

These events took place 20 years ago and are still fresh in the memories of those who have lived it, who even resorted to drugs to eliminate them from their minds. The names have been changed in this story for obvious reasons. The story we are about to tell you happened in America in San Francisco. This is a spooky real-life story about a young boy that was left home alone. Unlike the famous Home Alone movies this one is not one with a really happy ending. The events of that night left a whole family traumatised and a young boy scarred for life. 

It was March 1991 and the married couple named George and Martha were ready to go out to dinner with the president of the company that George worked for. They had gotten all ready and prepared and were waiting for one thing, the nanny they hired to look after their eight-year-old son Martin. The time was passing, and the nanny was really running late for her shift. The phone rang eventually, and the nanny was on the other line. The nanny had told them that she would be late because she was at the doctor with her aunt, and she had to stay. The parents did not know what to do as they did not want to miss dinner because it was extremely important, and George’s job depended on it. Martin, realizing what had happened, told his mom not to worry and that they could leave, he would lock the door himself and wait for the nanny to come. He promised that he would behave, be a good boy and very careful. The mother really did not want to leave her son alone and she thought it would be best if her husband went to the dinner without her accompanying him, but her son was so convincing that he eventually managed to persuade them. 

The couple left the house and Martin, after locking the door firmly, went to the kitchen where he took a bag of popcorn out of the fridge, filled it into a large bowl and poured himself a big Coca-Cola glass. He went to the living room, turned on the TV and was ready to enjoy the thriller that was playing, until the nanny would come when he would have to go to his room. He enjoyed being alone without an adult telling him what to do and he thought he could make the best out of his alone and freedom time. He managed to watch a whole movie his parents would have not allowed him to watch if they were there. The time passed again, when suddenly a loud noise was heard. It was just a storm that suddenly broke out, and it started raining furiously seemingly in a second. Martin kept watching TV until it got worse. The storm was so strong that the lights of the house and the neighbourhood went off. The TV was off, and Martin was now waiting for the nanny to come as soon as possible. 

Advertisements

When in the darkness a voice was heard saying, “Hi, do you want us to play? Do you want us to play hide and seek?” Martin was startled. He heard no noise from anyone entering the house, and the door was well locked, and the windows were closed. The voice was childish and of a little girl. It was heard more loudly this time. “Do you want to play? Do you want to play? Do you want to play?”. Martin panicked. He tried not to cry, he remained as calm as he possibly could. He threw down the popcorn and Coca-Cola, and, making no more noise, walked slowly into his room. He entered the room and hid under the bed. Wait for the nanny, he was thinking. The time passed and the voice was no longer heard. Martin was still terrified until the door slammed. He immediately thought that it was the nanny who finally came. He got out of bed, opened the door slowly, and went to the front door. When the voice was heard again but this time loudly, “Let’s play, let’s play”. Martin turned his head and saw something highly unusual and started screaming. 

Advertisements

The nanny who heard the screams with the help of the neighbours broke down the door and found the child on the floor unable to breathe. He immediately called an ambulance, and they went to the hospital, where the frightened parents arrived. Days later, after doctors tried to see what frightened the child so much, Martin uttered only one phrase from his mouth, “She has no face, she has no face.” 

Advertisements

Martin did not speak again, and 2 years later he was under medical treatment by doctors and psychologists. The parents never found out what had happened. Only 8 months later, many in the surrounding area started speculating about an old, abandoned factory. The story goes that in 1950 some children had secretly entered to play hide and seek. Then a great fire broke out and the children without anyone’s help were trapped inside and burned alive. In fact, the corpses were so burnt that they shocked the medical examiner himself. Since then, many have been talking about strange things happening in the factory since it was not rebuilt. Two children who went there overnight, heard laughter and voices heard from inside and of course run away as fast as they could. Martin did not speak again until he was 22 years old and with the help of hypnosis he confessed what happened to him. The details are yet unknown and a complete mystery to us. What exactly happened to this boy that made him practically mute for almost 2 decades to come? Who was that mysterious child? Was she one of the burned factories’ poor victims? More importantly, is she still around?

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top