Advertisement
Please wait...

All Monsters are Human



Estimated reading time — 2 minutes

You’ve always had a slightly ridiculous phobia of mirrors.

It’s never interfered with your life before, except in small and completely inconsequential ways. You’d close your eyes during a middle school session of Bloody Mary, would rush past them in a dark hallway, things any red blooded American raised on a steady diet of horror and gore would call more habit than oddity.

One night, late, you’re getting ready to go out with some friends. You feel grimy, so you all decide to get ready at your apartment where you can clean up with your own products. Everyone’s hanging out, taking pictures, and generally having fun as you decide to wash your makeup off and start fresh. You decide that the quickest way to do this is the way they show in commercials, where you get it all over with at once by splashing water over your tightly shut eyes and completely soaking your bathroom floor. You glance up quickly to be sure that your friends don’t notice your moment of hesitation when it’s time to close your eyes and scrub within sight of the mirror.

Advertisements

As you rinse off your face, your eyes open to see your reflection staring back at you, which is not unusual. What is slightly off, however, is that when you go to leave, the other you does not. You stare at each other with wide eyes, waiting to see what happens next. You turn to your friends to see if they’re seeing what you’re seeing to find their grins growing wider, too wide to be quite human. Their eyes turn as black as coal, and they start to walk forward. Your reflection and your friends reflections start to scream. Your friends lunge forward towards their dopplegangers.

Advertisements

You always knew you were on the wrong side.

As your eyes begin to burn in an entirely sick, pleasant way, your grin stretches wide. Too wide.

Advertisements

Credit To – girl_from_uncle

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

25 thoughts on “All Monsters are Human”

  1. I have no idea why this is rated so high, no offense to the author but for many reasons, a 5 is the highest rating this pasta deserves.

  2. Fresh concept, being on the ‘wrong side’ of the mirror. It’s fun to think about, and surprised me with its creepiness. I also felt that it could have ended with “you always knew you were on the wrong side.”, but I guess then it would have missed explaining what happened next.

  3. This story was confusing the way it was written.It didn’t make much sense as it is, but I see what it’s trying to say.I’m not really a fan of Present-Tense writing, either.If it is PT it needs to be clearly written with zero typos.Still much better than I could do. :)

  4. ForeverMyMaster

    ThisIsANameForAComment:
    Good! That means that you and the other can switch places when one goes to sleep. This means you can twice as much ‘work’ done in a given 24 hours! Cheers!

    Found the Hufflepuff

    1. ThisIsANameForAComment

      Good! That means that you and the other can switch places when one goes to sleep. This means you can twice as much ‘work’ done in a given 24 hours! Cheers!

  5. WhatDoesTheFoxSay

    I love this story.. I’ve always felt that if you look hard enough in a mirror, you can see the other side: The side with the dead flowers, the broken chair, etc. etc. Great story!

  6. I laughed at the part about splashing your face like in the tv commercials, because I used to do this when I was little, trying to be like the girls in the commercials. It had nothing to do with a phobia of mirrors, but it still brought me back to my memories as a silly little kid. :) I enjoyed this pasta.

  7. It was ok i guess, I don’t like the pasta’s that make no sense and aren’t scary I don’t think anyone likes the non-scary pasta’s. But this one just didn’t make much sense

  8. Endoplasmic Reticulum

    Here is a useful guide:

    Should you write in second person?

    Will there be a twist ending where the narrator is actually talking to the reader?

    Yes? Don’t use second person.

    No? Don’t use second person.

  9. Second person stories always fail to get me, especially when one starts with something that doesn’t relate to me at all (actually, I am fascinated with mirrors, they are on par with time travel and dreams in my favourite topics list).
    Also there are lacks in logic throughout. Is it the first time ever that “I” look in a mirror? Seriously? And why should anyone care if the reflections lunge forward, considering that they are still in the mirror anyway?
    That said, there is one little bit of this pasta that is good and would deserve to be used in a better story: when both real thing and reflection are surprised that they are not simultaneously in front of the mirror anymore.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top