Advertisement
Please wait...

Admin Update 6/22/2014 & Games Done Quick Stream



Estimated reading time — 3 minutes

Just a few things!

First things first, apparently the rumour mill somehow activated and started spreading that all the Creepypasta websites were closing down. I’m really not sure who started that rumour or where it’s being spread, but as far as I’m aware it has no merit. I’d already stated that I wasn’t shutting down, just taking a break from posting new stories – both out of respect for the victim and out of concern for the authors. While the incident attracted plenty of people who were merely concerned or checking out what the whole Slenderman panic was about, it also brought in a LOT of trolls who were attempting to leave really obscene, nasty comments on pretty much whichever story they happened to land on first. It wasn’t even attacking only me – it was also targeting the authors specifically. I was worried that, while the story was still in the news cycle and some outlets were still attempting to attach Creepypasta to various stories both new and old, posting any new stories would result in an inordinate amount of harassment directed at the authors.

Things seem to have calmed down well enough, and stories will resume on July 1st. The reason for the slight delay is that so any authors who may have changed their mind about wanting their work featured here will have time to reply and let me know before their stories go live. Same goes for any authors who want their credit link altered for the same reason (this applies to authors new and old, by the way – if anyone has followed your credit link in order to bother you, feel free to reply to your acceptance email and let me know if you want the credit changed/removed).

Authors who have been accepted for the main site or who are slated for Crappypasta postings will receive their emails within the next week or so if they haven’t already.

The book club and summer giveaway will also start in July. There is no change to the expected submission period dates.

I also want to congratulate the Narrators u-NIGHTed project for raising over $8000! Awesome job, guys.

If you need something to do during this last bit of downtime because you’ve already read every single pasta here, may I suggest Games Done Quick? It’s a fun video game stream project for a good cause, and since so many of you seem to be fans of Let’s Plays and the like, you guys might enjoy this. Here’s the basic rundown:

Games Done Quick is a bi-annual charity gaming marathon. Volunteers play games at incredible speed (“Speedrunning”) for entertainment. The event is streamed live online, non-stop, and all donations go directly to the charity Doctors Without Borders. This is the summer event, with a winter event every January (“Awesome Games Done Quick”).

Advertisements

Doctors Without Borders (Médecins Sans Frontières) delivers emergency medical care to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, malnutrition, natural disaster, or exclusion from healthcare in more than 65 countries.

Advertisements

The streams will also feature incentives and prizes. You can see their FAQ here, as it does an excellent job of answering most common questions. For a schedule of the games and when they’re streaming, here is the schedule. For a detailed look at the prizes and incentives and donations, you should go here.

Visit the official Twitter account here.

I’m embedding their Twitch stream/chat below, but if it’s not working for you for any reason, here is a direct link to their Twitch page.

Advertisements

Watch live video from SpeedDemosArchiveSDA on www.twitch.tv

Twitch chat rules apply even if you’re accessing from this widget:
Please be respectful of everyone and treat them equally. We don’t tolerate prejudice around here.
While twitch emotes are cool, gigantic walls of them, ascii emotes, and walls of text are not.
No porn/spam links and url shorteners like tinyurl.
Be a cool person and you should be fine.

Enjoy the streams and thank you for your patience!

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

7 thoughts on “Admin Update 6/22/2014 & Games Done Quick Stream”

  1. I hope that the time the site was down was a restful time for you Derp, but I am so glad that we’re back in business July 1st! I have so missed the new postings! (: I’m thankful to you for all the work you do on this site.

  2. Weirdo Reading Manga

    I’m so glad you’re okay. I worried that I would come to the site and it would be shut down. About 99% of my internet time is spent on Creepypasta/Crappypasta. I was almost in a state of panic when I wasn’t seeing any action after the fundraiser was over. I thought it would have started up again right after and people were telling me that they were shutting Creepypasta down. You have no idea how happy I am that you’re not getting shut down. Anyway, keep up the good work and keep your head up!

  3. We missed you.

    The only good thing I can think of that came out of this is that I left a shortcut on my old desktop to here and the guy who was my boss uses that computer and is extremely scared of this stuff. Bet he now thinks its some kind of satanic conspiracy.

  4. Glad to hear an update, and it sucks to hear about the negativity. Thanks for persevering through all of that! I have to say, I’m always amazed at your level-headed and patient responses with all the madness that can go along with running a website of this size. Also, thanks for highlighting the SGDQ stream. It’s been a lot of fun to watch and see how much good can be done with video games!

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top