MORE TOP RANKED STORIES WE THINK YOU'LL ENJOY:
- I’ve Plumbed This Whole City ★ 9.45 Rating (11 votes)
- If You Lost a Loved One… ★ 9.42 Rating (19 votes)
- Sophie ★ 9.42 Rating (12 votes)
- The Quiet Sky ★ 9.39 Rating (36 votes)
- Crawl ★ 9.37 Rating (19 votes)
- Interference ★ 9.36 Rating (14 votes)
- Projections ★ 9.36 Rating (11 votes)
- The Favor – Part One ★ 9.36 Rating (11 votes)
- What Do You Like About Playing Under the Bed? ★ 9.34 Rating (32 votes)
- The Burned Photo – Part 2 ★ 9.33 Rating (33 votes)
A homeless man is sitting on a park bench. You are jogging.
As you jog up to him, he holds his hand out and asks for change, you jog on past, pretending that you can’t hear him over your iPod.
Feeling guilty, you stop. You reach into the pocket of your running shorts for a couple of bucks you were saving for a bottle of water. You turn around to jog back to the homeless man.
He is already standing right behind you. The park is suddenly abandoned. His eyes are wriggling masses of wasp larvae, he outstretches his arms, each which are 5 feet in length. His mouth opens inexplicably wide, his lower jaw touching his sternum. The only sound he emits from his gaping mouth is a dial tone.
Before he pulls you into the black cavernous throat of his, you have time to scream,
“Oh god. You were phone!??”