If you are watching television, and the signal cuts out to static, turn the TV off immediately. If you watch the static on TV for long enough, the static will suddenly pause. All sound in the room will cease; even the white noise of the TV itself will disappear. If this happens you must not look away from the screen. You will probably not notice at the time, before you lose your gaze on the TV, your body will freeze as well. Time around and with you have paused completely. Specks of the black and white dots slowly come to life, creeping slowly in seemingly random directions. Not static as you know it, but organizing themselves into a moving picture again in front of you. As the static returns to normal, and the white noise of the TV comes back, you will regain control of your body. You must never watch that television again. It will only play static, even when unplugged. If you watch the static any longer, these same events will reoccur, but with disastrous results. What exactly happens is unknown, as it is obvious that anyone that has been unfortunate enough to experience this has disappeared. It is rumoured that if one continues to watch the static again, or during their experience, looks away, the white and black specs will slowly start to move again, but you will not. Your eyes will then be permanently fixated on the screen as you watch the picture come back to life, and what seems to be your station’s signal return. You learn soon this is not the case, as all sound is still absent, and the picture on the TV shows a familiar surrounding: the room in which you sit. The only thing you see next is movement on the TV, as you see yourself from behind, and subsequently, the cause of your disappearance.
Search The Sites
Age-Sensitive Content Warning
This site has scary stories that may include violent or controversial themes and foul language. Consider us an R-Rated website; the stories here are created and curated with an 18+ audience in mind.
Our "age gate" overlay plugin was malfunctioning and locking out people before they could enter their DOB, and for others the overlay was simply never going away even after they entered a valid date. We've temporarily disabled it while we try and iron out the issue, however that DOES NOT MEAN that this site is now child-friendly.
If you are under 18, you still MUST show your parents this website and ask for their permission before browsing.
If you are a parent and have discovered this site in your child's browsing history, please visit the FAQ for a better idea of what this site is about. If you find that this site is inappropriate for your child, please look into ways to block the site on your child's devices.
Browse By Category
- Announcements (41) (hide)
- Artifacts & Objects (143) (hide)
- Beings & Entities (659) (hide)
- Creepypasta Book Club (2) (hide)
- Creepypasta Contests (8) (hide)
- Discussion Posts (31) (hide)
- Dreams & Madness (253) (hide)
- Locations & Sites (196) (hide)
- Murders & Deaths (315) (hide)
- Rites & Rituals (140) (hide)
- Strange & Unknown (504) (hide)
- Uncategorized (1) (hide)
Latest Creepypasta Posts
- The Ocean’s Cool Air January 25, 2015
- Be Careful What You Wish For January 24, 2015
- Encounter January 23, 2015
- The Dancer January 22, 2015
- Writer’s Blank January 21, 2015
- Lucky January 19, 2015
- Fun Town January 18, 2015
- Where Monsters Come From January 17, 2015
- The Eyelid Man January 16, 2015
- A Quark in Seas of Black Infinity January 15, 2015
- Dark Matter January 14, 2015
- Hunger January 13, 2015
- Don’t You Just Hate Car Trouble January 12, 2015
- The Devil’s Perfume January 11, 2015
- Green Room January 10, 2015
Stories Looking For Feedback
- Soft Glow January 13, 2015
- The Ghost in the Tree January 13, 2015
- Three New Year’s Resolutions January 13, 2015
- He Who Heard January 13, 2015
- Frigid January 13, 2015
- Mirror, Mirror January 13, 2015
- Just Like Old Times January 13, 2015
- Train Car 66 January 13, 2015
- The Stones January 13, 2015
- The Man in Black December 19, 2014
- Black Angels December 19, 2014
- Abu Ghattat December 19, 2014
- Tyrian Purple December 19, 2014
- World of Warcraft: The Crypts of Karazhan December 19, 2014
- Snatchers December 19, 2014
This Week's Active Posts
- January 2015 Discussion Post: Favorite Creepypastas of 2014
January 1, 2015
- December 2014 Discussion Post: Your First Story
December 1, 2014
- November 2014 Discussion Post: Creepy Comic Books + Related Giveaway!
November 1, 2014
- October 2014 Discussion Post: Halloween! Halloween!
October 1, 2014
- September 2014 Discussion Post: Which Non-Horror Stories Have Creeped You Out & Why?
September 1, 2014