If you are watching television, and the signal cuts out to static, turn the TV off immediately. If you watch the static on TV for long enough, the static will suddenly pause. All sound in the room will cease; even the white noise of the TV itself will disappear. If this happens you must not look away from the screen. You will probably not notice at the time, before you lose your gaze on the TV, your body will freeze as well. Time around and with you have paused completely. Specks of the black and white dots slowly come to life, creeping slowly in seemingly random directions. Not static as you know it, but organizing themselves into a moving picture again in front of you. As the static returns to normal, and the white noise of the TV comes back, you will regain control of your body. You must never watch that television again. It will only play static, even when unplugged. If you watch the static any longer, these same events will reoccur, but with disastrous results. What exactly happens is unknown, as it is obvious that anyone that has been unfortunate enough to experience this has disappeared. It is rumoured that if one continues to watch the static again, or during their experience, looks away, the white and black specs will slowly start to move again, but you will not. Your eyes will then be permanently fixated on the screen as you watch the picture come back to life, and what seems to be your station’s signal return. You learn soon this is not the case, as all sound is still absent, and the picture on the TV shows a familiar surrounding: the room in which you sit. The only thing you see next is movement on the TV, as you see yourself from behind, and subsequently, the cause of your disappearance.
Add this post to your list of favorites!
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]The Static,
Search The Sites
WE ARE CURRENTLY IN AN OPEN SUBMISSION PERIOD.
Please ensure that you've read the FAQ, submission page, and any recent announcements before sending in your pasta.
Submissions will close again on August 20, 2014.
Browse By Category
Browse By Tags
Aliens Audiopasta/Podcasts Based on a True Story Bedtime Series Beware of Those Who Would Do You Harm Series Black-Eyed Children By the Fire's Light Series Candle Cove Candlejack CandleWalker Chalk Series Conspiracies Crappypasta Success Stories Creepy Comics Cthulhu Mythos Did Boy Kill? Series Eyeless Jack Freshman Roommate Series Harlequin Series Haunted Games Humper Monkey's Ghost Story Jeff the Killer Lost Episodes Mark of Canus Micropasta Miracle City Series Miss Fortune Series Modern Monsters Series Parodypastas Poetrypasta Real-World Creepy Seasonally Spooky Slenderman Smile Dog Tales of the City Series The Holders The Poisoned Oak Series The Rake The Story of Her Holding an Orange Tower of Sorrow Series Video Pastas WHO WAS PHONE Zalgo Zombies
Browse Random Pastas
- July/August Submission Period – OPEN!
The submission form is once again open and ready for
- Admin Update 6/22/2014 & Games Done Quick Stream
Just a few things! First things first, apparently the
- Narrators uNIGHTed Charity Drive & Streaming Project
I’ve been asked to help spread the word about
- Statement on the Wisconsin Stabbing
I’ve recently been alerted to the horrific
- July/August Submission Period Announced + Community Promos
First things first, since people have been asking me
- July 2014 Discussion Post: Creepy Anime & Horror Manga
Previously, we’ve talked about the best creepy
- June 2014 Discussion Post: What Was Your First Creepypasta?
This month’s topic was suggested by Ahriannah.
- May 2014 Discussion Post: Do You Wish Any Creepypastas Were Real?
This month’s topic was suggested by Hawlucha
- April 2014 Discussion Post: Urban Legends
If you’ve never heard the term “urban
- March 2014 Discussion Post: Favorite Fictional Character
One frequent discussion in the comments both here and
- derpbutt on Sokushinbutsu
- Echo on Echo Of The Dead
- CharminglyShallow on Sonnet of the Deep
- gibberishtwist on The Farnsworth Experiments
- stilbourne on Residual
- Ahriannah (Shhhhh. I'm Working) on The Joys of Cat Ownership
- Viceroy Fizzlebottom on Home Improvement
- zombiemare on The Bear
- Anonymous on Sokushinbutsu
- zombiemare on The Bear
- Angel on Under The Blanket
- Angel on Nightmare Walking
- Anonymous on The Dark
- if i told you I'd have to kill you on The Joys of Cat Ownership
- Anonymous on Blessed
- Amanda on Sonnet of the Deep
- Anonymous on Power Cut
- Burt Reynolds on The Bear
- heyitssoph on Echo Of The Dead
- Professor on A Study In Fear