Advertisement
Please wait...

The Freak Show



Estimated reading time — < 1 minute

A young man and his new bride were honeymooning in Paris when his wife went into a restroom and didn’t return. With time the man began to fear the worst and went to the police. The police thought it was most likely the girl simply had second thoughts about the marriage, but they checked it out anyway and found no evidence of foul play.

As weeks turned into months the man finally gave up on finding his beautiful wife, but his life fell into a shambles, he was so filled with grief.

Unable to hold a job or go on with his life, he took to wandering the world looking for anything that might ease his pain. Years later in Borneo, he came upon a freakshow in an old shabby building and he went in on a whim. In the last filthy cage he saw a twisted, scarred and mutilated woman rocking back and forth and groaning strange animal-like noises. He screamed as he recognized the birthmark on his wife’s face.

Advertisements
Advertisements
Advertisements

CREDIT: Anonymous

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

57 thoughts on “The Freak Show”

  1. this sort of thing actually used to happen! horrifying, right? but yeah they’ve MOSTLY outlawed freakshows…..MOSTLY.

  2. Not to seem mean or anything, but this pasta isn’t even creepy… not in the slightest bit.

    Although it is original and “new”, the whole “creepy” aspect of it is more or less… gone.

    If anything, this pasta is just “weird” or “disturbing”; I mean seriously, who would want to be attempting to marry someone from the freak show?

    Then again, maybe I’m just missing the whole concept of this story in the first place.

  3. That was interesting. It could have been a lot scarier if it had been longer with more of a plot, but it was a good concept. Kind of reminiscent of what happened to Lucy in Sweeney Todd…

  4. why borneo? seriously, why borneo? in all places in the world, why must borneo? i feel this like an insult, once again. why must borneo?!

  5. The original is betterr. The woman asks the man if he would still love her if she was ugly, man says of course, she takes off make up, has huge ugly birthmark, freaks him out, she runs away. Spends the rest of his life trying to find her, eventually does in borneo.

  6. wow,i love this one.Its really good and i can’t even think of anything to complain about.by far the best cp ive read :]

  7. I wouldn’t scream. I would attempt to calm down and buy her from the guy. I would then bring her home and have a doctor check her. I would then spend whatever free money I have getting her therapy

    Screaming just gets them pissed at you D:

  8. Poorly executed.

    This is NOT an urban legend. This is actually based on true things. People, especially tourists, are kidnapped, brutally mutilated and then put on as freak shows in poor countries. Many of them have both legs AND arms purposely chopped off to amaze the audience that comes to watch (and of course the audience doesn’t know this). Some are just blinded. Whatever the brutal chopping off is, the person is usually hurt so bad to draw in more audience members.

    Same with nightclubs in shady districts where you go home drunk or suped up on drugs with a guy or girl. And no, they don’t surprise sex you. They surgically remove your kidney to sell in the organ black market. The next morning, you awake in a bathtub filled with ice and a note that tells you not to move and to use the phone to call a hospital. Some just leave you to die.

  9. It was a bit wierd. I mean, if my wife mysteriously vanished in the bathroom. I would atleast check there myself before calling the police?

    1. This is actually a real story. It’s a syndicate. They kidnapped the wife by disguising as the cleaner. Shoved her in the cleaning trolley and literally kidnapped her right under the husband’s nose. They call this, human trafficking.

  10. “but they checked it out anyway and found no evidence of foul play.”

    it was more liek fowl play amirite guys

  11. This was the first creepypasta/urban legend I ever read some years back, and I always liked it. I just wish there was a bit more to it. Did the guy do anything about finding his wife in this state? Did the wife recognize him at all or was she just the equivalent of a feral animal by this time?

  12. @Moo/Hops/whatever – I didn’t know that you had the authority to give me orders on what to put on my own website. Thanks for clearing that up.

    And in regards to your other comment – just avoid the Rites & Rituals category if you dislike that type so much, genius.

      1. “Cold feet” the term for second thoughts or worries about a marriage. If the bride or groom runs out before or immediately after the marriage, the bride or groom has got “Cold feet”.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top