Advertisement
Please wait...

Sunburn



Estimated reading time — 3 minutes

I awoke to the sound of my mother in the kitchen. Groggily, I swung my legs out from under the covers, and got dressed in jean shorts and a simple white T-shirt. Then, I grabbed a white cloth off of my dresser.

It was a bandana that I had found earlier in the year, in January. It was in a box at a yardsale labelled “Do NOT Wear in Sunlight”. A funny joke, I thought. I took it to the lady running the sale. She was old and frail. She stared at me. “Don’t wear that in the sun.” I laughed, and bought it anyway. What an old hag. I put it on my head, and tied it in the back. I had never before worn it.

As I walked into the kitchen, my mother said to me, “Darling, go out to the shed and get the hedgeclippers. I need you to trim the holly bushes out front.”

I agreed to do as she asked. After all, she was my mother. So I strode down the cobblestone path behind our house towards the shed. As I neared that old shed, I noticed how hot it was outside. It was so hot outside that the heat was coming off of the surface of the shed in waves.

I pushed open the door – “OW!” I exclaimed. The sizzling door blistered my hand. I shook it off and went inside. Oh, it was sweltering. I immediately broke into a sweat. The drops rolled off my nose and onto the dirt floor of the shed. I wanted to quickly find the hedgeclippers.

As I dug around in a tool box, the sweat on my face started to blur my vision. I wiped my brow, and was surprised to find that the sweat didn’t come off. I passed it off as a trick of the heat, blinked my eyes, and found the hedgeclippers.

I left the shed, only to find even more heat outside. Oh, it was painful, but I had to do what my mother asked, or I’d be in trouble. I clomped to the front yard and started on the bushes.

Advertisements

The sun beared down on my back and arms. Even my butt felt like fire, and I was crouching, hiding it from the sun! My front and face and feet and fingers were all burning too. The heat was immeasurable, intense, and I suffered all afternoon. Every time I tried to wipe the sweat away, it stayed, and got sopped up in my bandana, created a soaking wet veil on my head. And finally the bushes were finished. I quickly retreated inside, and into my room to get clothes. Then I flew into my bathroom to take a shower and clean up.

I gasped at my reflection. Bright red skin stretched over my face and back and front. No tan lines were visible. My whole body was sunburned and the sweat remained unclearable from my visage. I touched my skin. Agony erupted all over my body. I then realized I hadn’t removed the bandana. I tried to pull it off; it wouldn’t come. I tried in vain to rip it from my head, but it wouldn’t budge. On the third attempt, I accidently touched my burned skin. In a fit of pain, I scratched my fourhead. My skin was already peeling.

Advertisements

I took hold of the peeled piece and pulled, eyes closed, for I could sense the coming agony. But it didn’t come. I continued to pull at the piece. Finally it came lose. I opened my eyes and screamed.

Advertisements

My face had been peeled off, and the bandana had come with it. I looked at the bandana in horror, the memory of the box it was in coming back to me. Slowly, the rest of the skin on my head fell off, peeling in slow motion. I watched in horror as the skin on my arms and legs went. Just as my eyes burned, bloodshot were about to fall out, I noticed brownish, smeared words on the bandana, written in blood and sweat.

“I WARNED YOU NOT TO WEAR IT IN THE SUN.”

Credit To: Toni

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

136 thoughts on “Sunburn”

  1. Ugh. It’s not scary or creepy, just disgusting. It doesn’t matter whether you take the comment to mean what happens to the guy or the writing.

  2. Immortal Dragoneye

    The idea of this pasta, was okay. The descriptive words, sure. But the story overall was absolutely horrible. A simple bandanna cannot cause a person to suffer from extreme heat and get a sunburn all over their body. Yes, creepypasta’s aren’t supposed to be real, but at least make it realistic, make it seem like it actually would happen. A mere bandanna bought at a garage sale from an old woman does not make it dangerous, and neither does the fact about who’s selling it. Plus, peeling off skin from a sunburn can’t take your whole face off, whether it be the skin off the muscles or off the bones overall, it’s just simply impossible. Again, creepypasta’s aren’t real, but even stories such as ‘The Rake’ or ‘Mr.Widemouth’ are more realistic and believable than this one. Plus, if I were you, before sending a story I would check my spelling. And wearing a bandanna outside in the sun can’t just stick it to your forehead, unless somehow there was superglue on it before you put it on. Also I advise you use italics, instead of using capital letters to put emphasis into your words, making them all capital letters makes it seem like someone is yelling, and for the words written in ‘blood and sweat’, note that one, you can’t write in sweat because it’s not visable, and two, putting the written words in quotation marks makes it seem like someone is saying the words out of their mouth, again use italics.

    I vote 1/10 for effort

    1. -_Sarah_Smiles_-

      Maybe a severe sunburn could, you never know. But, honestly, you shouldn’t criticize the writer. The person probably was at young age when they wrote this. What if they have like, a fear of sunburn, or a fear of bandanas? .-. Stupid, I know, but… They’re fears.

      1. Nicola Marie Jackson

        They wasn’t criticising the author, they were saying what they thought about the story and that’s the idea xx

  3. Bricks were shat

    scariest pasta ever. worse than “DAY OF ALL THE BLOOD” and thats scary. i hope i dont find a bandanna.

  4. Unbeknownst to the protagonist the bandanna was actually composed of unstable radon isotopes. Thus explaining the heat and why she melted almost instantly.

  5. I believe, that it was okay, it’s just, the spices you needed to add to the pasta to make it more acceptable, weren’t there.

  6. “… Oh, it was painful, but I had to do what my mother asked, or I’d be in trouble…”
    Yep, kid, Mom’s punishment is waaaaay scarier than being scorched under the sun

  7. Gross. It didn’t even make sense. I mean, the narrator seems like a complete idiot. If you knew it was going to be incredibly hot and sunny, why wouldn’t you put on sunscreen? Or at least go inside and put on sunscreen.

  8. I don’t mean to be rude but…….BOOOOOOOOO! THIS PASTA WAS WAY OVER COOKED! THIS PASTA WAS BAD AND YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD! TERRIBLE!

  9. Waiter! My condolences to the chef for the loss of his job. I think there were glass shards in the noodles and arsenic in the sauce, because I simply cannot express to you in words the torment which this pasta has caused. This has gone far and beyond the fly in my soup bit. Positively wretched. Expect a lawsuit. Bonne nuit, buenos noches, and good night.

  10. I thought this story was alright. It could have done with a lot of work, but there are far worse Pasta’s one here. Interesting, albeit gory tale, but one that could’ve been better with some more work. Still, a fair enough effort.

    1. Look at your door for what? Just in case a creepy lady held a yard sale in your hallway? Or just in case a white bandana decided to drag you into the sun and light you on fire?

      Ugh, this thing sucked. 1/10.

  11. What was this that I have just read? Sorry, but that pasta was more burned then your skin.That was ridiculously predictable, and had no backround information of the headband and the lady. But that IS a cliche on many pastas. And watching, while your skin oeeled off? Never mind that , peeling your own skin off? What is this?! Si many questions…sigh..

  12. Little Miss Creepypasta.

    This story is undercooked. It had great potentional, but too bland-you didn’t put in enough spice, no sauce, only the stringy noodles and the sour cream. I suggest rewriting it, but dear,did you rush on this? Don’t worry, you can do it better next time! :) I’m not the type to blow up like some other blokes on here. Just take some time to write it out, improve it, review it and may I suggest asking someone to preview it before you post it? And please try someone your own age, because that will give you an insight on what people like these days.
    Don’t worry, dear, you’ll get it next time.

  13. It would have been a little bit better if it didnt say i warned you not to wear it in the sun at the end, also i would have gone inside even if i had to get in trouble, if its that bad your mom wouldnt get you in trouble for almost dying of heat.

  14. Not terrible. It was mildly entertaining. Just a few corrections, for instance, “fourhead” should be “forehead”. It kept me reading, anyway. Maybe a rewrite?

  15. This was not bad bad it has a what u must call it. um… weird and creepy to y head cause the way the skin peeled it was disgusting i give it… 4/10

  16. Dude.. I applaud your imagination but I feel like my brain was disappointed to the point of shitting a flacid lifeless hamster.. I have to agree with the previous statement regarding R.L. Stein. The only difference is he would’ve found some awful way to extend it into a small novel with a bright colorful cover.. Nice try though. 3/10

  17. If you peeled your face off your eyelids would be gone, so how was it that your eyes were still closed until shortly after your face was gone?

  18. It was a cool idea, poorly executed and a little distasteful and kind of… well… very predictable. It was interesting though and the thought of that happening was more terrifying than the author made me feel with their anticipation and danger they tried to mix in. Otherwise I though it was okay

  19. didn’t gross me out at all, didn’t scare me either but it was creative ,i didn’t love it , but bravo to your creativeness! and good luck on ur next story!

  20. “fourhead” *forehead
    “Oh, it was painful, but I had to do what my mother asked, or I’d be in trouble.” fuck me :L that was shit lul so unrealistic.

  21. Super cliche as hell, made no damn sense. If it ended that your face came off, fine. But you had to add in that your arms and legs peeled off. Did I mention that there was a lack of detail? Seriously who let this out of the crappypasta?

  22. I thought it was decent, hen again I have a decent imagination and I was listening to at the house in a heartbeat so I guess the mood was just right for me

  23. This story could have been better i wasn’t scared or discussed
    I wish there was more detail but its a nice little story to read i guess but i give it a 3 at least and a 4 at most

  24. this pasta was bland, but with some seasonings, could have some real potential. p.s. the noodles were doughy.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top