Advertisement
Please wait...

Intuitive Advertising



Estimated reading time — < 1 minute

Message Body:
Intuitive ads.

You see them everywhere now, and don’t really give it a second thought. Ads that use tracking cookies to track your browsing history or personal profile and provide suggestions that might appeal to you.

You know. The way Amazon suggests new books based on what you just read. Or when you search for something on Google, and then start seeing ads for it on other websites. Or when you’re a 20-something-year-old girl “in a relationship” on Facebook and suddenly all of your ads are for engagement rings and wedding planners.

The point is: We’re all so used to this that we don’t really pay attention it anymore.

But lately…these targeted ads have been…unnervingly on-point.

Advertisements

“Buy plastic sheeting in bulk!”

“Electric chainsaws on sale now!”

Advertisements

“Affordable dry lime. Overnight shipping available!”

I don’t know how they’re doing it. I don’t know what technology is driving these changes. But somehow, it’s like the Internet is reading my mind, showing me ads for things that it couldn’t possibly know I wanted. I swear to god, I didn’t touch a keyboard, I didn’t do a search…I was so careful to keep all of my plans and research and ideas offline.
How is it doing this?
How does it know about the bodies?
Credit: T.L. Bodine

Advertisements
Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

8 thoughts on “Intuitive Advertising”

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top