Advertisement
Please wait...

Down By The Tracks



Estimated reading time — 2 minutes

“Take a seat John. Why don’t you tell us what happened from the beginning?” The detective motioned you towards the chair with a hand gesture accompanied by his harrowing eyes.

“I-I-I I don’t remember…”

“Well how about you have a sip of water, take a deep breath and make yourself remember.” The detective stated. He definitely wasn’t a nice cop.

It started coming back…

Advertisements

It took you no time to fall in love with her. From day one you knew she was the girl of your dreams. The first person you felt you could truly connect with, soul to soul. She was a great listener and didn’t judge you on any of your imperfections, she actually liked them, and you believed her. You had met her 4 months ago, down by the train tracks. It’s the place you used to go to escape your problems when you were having a bad day. The place had a certain feel to it that allowed you to just forget about everything for a while. She went there for the same reasons as you. You still remembered the first time you met her, and how it wasn’t even intimidating when you walked over and said hello, despite her utter beauty of blonde hair and perfect pale skin. In fact she always joked that it was her that broke the ice with you, but it didn’t matter. You both had each other now and that’s all that you cared about. You were grateful and very lucky… For a few brief moments you actually felt happy again, as your vision twirled in memories of all those times you spent together… Until the vivid memories faded as quickly as they had formed, and you were sucked back into the cruel reality of what was happening. Sitting in the cold and lonely interrogation room, scared out of your mind.

The day police arrived at your door to bring you in for questioning over her death shook your world like no other. That’s why you were having so much trouble voicing anything to the detectives who were standing over you intimidatingly. Stuttering and mumbling, you still couldn’t believe it. Especially when they mentioned she died 4 months ago.

Advertisements

Credit To: Jack

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

12 thoughts on “Down By The Tracks”

  1. Nice pasta, but I really don’t understand why it has to be in second person. It makes it quite hard for the readed to fully appreciate the story when he’s being told all the time of things “he” lived, that he knows he never lived.

  2. I like that this left a lot up to the imagination. There are multiple possibilities – did the narrator find her dead, and was so horrified he went mad? Is he sane, and was she some undead ghost or monster? Did he kill her, then take comfort in this delusion? Was she a train all along? The choice is yours!

    1. WhatisthisWinter

      That would be a bad ass shipping if she was a train. ” Train-Chan, I can’t hide my feelings.. I…I… Love you!”…” Choo choo” Yeps. Would have been awesome :3

  3. The Llama Amalume Sama

    Wow, leaves alot of questions and room for wondering yet still has a nice build up. Not many pastas like that work out. Awesome :D

  4. Very awesome, very creepy. I love how you wrote it with reader as the lunatic. That last line raises up so many questions and suspicions, it also really creeps me out when I think of all the time I spent with my lovely dead girlfriend haha; )

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top