Advertisement
Please wait...

The Absence of Conflict



Estimated reading time — < 1 minute

The teacher strode across the front of the room, looking out at her class. “And so with the invention of Concordance 5 true peace finally enveloped the world,” she said with a serene smile. “For one hundred years we have lived without conflict. The dream of world peace that so many strove for before is ours.”

A young man in the front row frowned and raised a hand. “Can you truly define peace as the absence of conflict?” he asked. “If people are not allowed to disagree they are not at peace. They live in constant fear.”

She cocked her head, eyes narrowing. “And so you disagree with me then?”

The young man nodded automatically. “Yes,” he said, and then his eyes widened. “I mean, no, I–” The veins in his throat seemed to bulge and twist as his hands grasped at his neck. He sputtered for a few moments and then fell on his desk.

Advertisements

The teacher smiled gratefully at the class monitor as he removed the body from the chair. “Version 5 is ten times faster than version 4, leaving no time for argument, which is truly key,” she continued. There was a meaty thump outside the door but no on paid it any heed. The janitors would have everything cleaned up before the bell rang. And thus peace reigned over the classroom.

Advertisements

Credit To – Star Kindler

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

42 thoughts on “The Absence of Conflict”

  1. Very interesting concept! I really liked it, short and sweet. Had me laughing a bit at the end, almost comical. Great job!

  2. Ok so I’ve always wondered if attempts at making an Utopian society would end up like this. I love the story. I do feel that it is a little bit on the short side. To enhance it descriptions of stuff like clothing, classroom decor, and reading materials (something along those lines related to the setting and people in it) could have been added. These things could have been used to further expand on the type of no nonsense world they live in. Also a little more information about the kid and why or how long he’s been thinking these thoughts might have added to the story. But all in all, I like it. Mostly because what is creepy about this story seems to be the lack of our notion of free will. Just imagine, the first commenter on this story loves it intensely and not even 5 seconds after you post your disagreement your head explodes. I’m just saying…

  3. Iggy and Ziggy

    Iggy: I agree with Chris. This pasty is really DUMBBBBBBBBBBBBUH.

    Ziggy: Ohhh my gosh, how dumb can this get?

  4. Yes, thank you. I love the concept inside the story. I see some people in today’s world trying to create this type of control.

  5. The idea is interesting although not very creepy. There needs to be more added to the story because that ending was too abrupt. It was also unclear whether the teacher was a male or female because the teacher was referred to as both genders. Overall there needs to be more to the story.

  6. It is highly apparent that this is a beginner-level entry. It’s not horrible – don’t get me wrong. However, grammar isn’t the best, there is very little description in what’s going on, and you could have done a lot more with this.
    4.5/10 needs work.

  7. I really liked this… the concept is practically in of itself a future utopia or a world in which people try to create an almost perfect and error free civilization. This is much like a story I read in highschool, called The Giver… a utopia is never a good thing though… the lack of difference in look or even opinion of people creates a plain and unoriginal society, in which someone is almost always aching for more. The absence of argument isn’t peace as said in the pasta, it is just fear of expressing ones opinion.

  8. Eh, I think this had a good concept, but it belongs on crappypasta; it just feels incomplete and like its missing the creepiness.

  9. This pretty much describes how peace could be possible in the world, only if opinions are shut out, and arguments are charged with instantaneous death. World Peace is a lie.

  10. I totally agree with Chris. It should have been a lot longer. And it’s not really that creepy. It should have been put on crappypasta.

  11. In all honesty I dont think this is bad. I just feel like it is incomplete. I feel like it is just missing one thing that would make this completely horrifying. I just dont know what that one thing is…..

  12. ChrisM:
    Hmm. I’m not sure how I feel about this pasta. I love the title, a title can make or break the story. But your title also gave me very high expectations for the story. I feel like you could have made it a little longer.. Done some more description. Because basically all this pasta is, is “a boy is killed by a computer because of his opinion on absence of conflict.” You described North Korea. 5/10

    By a computer?? Did I miss something?

  13. It was well written, but not super original or creepy. A little more length and development would have done a lot to make it more interesting.

  14. Only complaint is that it leaves me wanting way more. Short and sweet is good, I prefer long and sweet though 8/10

  15. Hmm. I’m not sure how I feel about this pasta. I love the title, a title can make or break the story. But your title also gave me very high expectations for the story. I feel like you could have made it a little longer.. Done some more description. Because basically all this pasta is, is “a boy is killed by a computer because of his opinion on absence of conflict.” You described North Korea. 5/10

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top