Advertisement
Please wait...

A Different Television Channel



Estimated reading time — < 1 minute

In some television markets, people get two different versions of the same channel. This is usually caused by affiliates being nearby–for example, while living in New Jersey receiving the ABC affiliate from both New York City and Philadelphia, or living in Southern California and getting both the Los Angeles and San Diego stations. For the most part, these appear to be the same channel in all except local news and some daytime programming, with the exception that one is actually closer and more clear than the other.

These channels, in reality, should not occur. Television markets are set up to focus around one city, and offering two different versions of the same channel in one market can split viewer-ship in the ever-competitive ratings race.

If you are to watch the channel with worse reception, from the city that is further away, you’ll start to notice that the news reports major events that never occurred, on people that aren’t real, on technology that shouldn’t exist, the ads are for products that you’ve never heard of.

Advertisements

The conspiracy theorists think that these television stations belong to an alternate world. They point to the fact that the news tends to be getting worse over there, more separate from our own. There are reports of looking into an alternate world, and invading it for their own. Just pray they aren’t talking about us.

Advertisements

CREDIT: Anonymous

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

41 thoughts on “A Different Television Channel”

  1. LOL @ Conspiracy Theorists.

    My History teacher once told me that the landing on the Moon was just a conspiracy. I ran home and told my grandma and she was PISSED and started ranting and raving about how \"fucking stupid\" my teacher was. So now, when I hear \"Conspiracy Theorists\" I picture my little old Grandma shaking her hand and cussing.

    This story was pretty decent. Kinda reminded me of something that would happen on Fringe.

  2. LOL @ Conspiracy Theorists.

    My History teacher once told me that the landing on the Moon was just a conspiracy. I ran home and told my grandma and she was PISSED and started ranting and raving about how “fucking stupid” my teacher was. So now, when I hear “Conspiracy Theorists” I picture my little old Grandma shaking her hand and cussing.

    This story was pretty decent. Kinda reminded me of something that would happen on Fringe.

  3. I don’t get the people who think this was a clever idea. It was a RETARDED idea. You don’t write creepypasta about things that are instantly verifiable for a wide number of people, and expect it to be good. On top of that, poorly written.

    “Guys, you know how you look up at the sky in some cities and it’s GREEN instead of blue? That means an alternate world is crossing over and they’re THINKING ABOUT US!”.

    1/10 at best.

  4. This isn’t just “not creepy”, it’s also retarded. Alternate world stories should be about things that are intangible, unverifiable. But anyone who’s ever watched a far away affiliate knows that this is just plain wrong, and thus not creepy at all.

    “Guys you know how you look up and the sky is green? That means its from an alternate world, and they’re THINKING ABOUT US RIGHT NOW.”

  5. Wouldn’t alternate people realise that they’re the ones causing the problems in their world, and by invading another they’d just probably fuck it up just as badly. Also, i wonder WHO WAS ALTERNATE OBAMA?

  6. Aww, such a good idea with good points, but the writing was sloppy and a little too fast to give this pasta the right amount of scary.

    Good concept is still a very good concept.

  7. “This program has been interrupted to bring you some urgent news. CANDY MOUNTAIN HAS BEEN BOMBARDED WITH FLIGGERWITS! Over 200 civilian Blubbergutter lives have been lost” “Also : Sad face :(“

  8. Problem is, I get network stations from two different cities and they’re the same. : /

    But if this is true….THEN WHO WAS ALTERNATE REALITY??

  9. Awesome I loved this one. We actually have alot of that here. (2 of the same channel) Damn, too bad I didn’t read this sooner. ='( Maybe I would have looked for the differences =O

  10. I hate it when I watch Jeopardy! on one station and my mom watches it on another station in the next room and I hear an echo of everything!

  11. Let me gues, the station reported that the world blew up. I’m pretty sure that “they’re” not referring to our world. If “they” are we are so screwed

  12. :\ I’ve seen some of these channels but I see more of the channels that show for the two different costs which have a few hours difference. though I think those are more for the major channels likes cartoon network and disney

  13. totally not creepy. I watch stations from Cleveland, Detroit and Toledo, and never once has there been a report about anything creepy or otherwordly.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top