Advertisement
Please wait...

Unidentified



Estimated reading time — 3 minutes

I am the shadows you see at night; the objects in your sleeping room that you see as monsters, unfamiliar faces, or hands reaching out to grab you.

I see you as you try to fix your vision, as you try to perceive me as what you think I am. A toy or a pile of clothes, an object of yours. You do not own me. You think you do, but I am not what you want me to be.

I am not what you see before the lights go out.

Advertisements

You squint or rub your eyes, and focus, or you turn away. I know why you turn away. I know why you try to understand me. This is because I understand you. I know all your secrets, and I am all your fears. And I can become what you fear the most. I am your fear.

I am the unidentified figures you see in the corner of your eye. I am the one flash of skin you see hurrying through a crowd. I stand out, and that is why you notice me. But you are too scared to encourage my existance or see me as I am. You fixate on me every time. You can’t help but focus on me with your mind or with your eyes, your ears. You think I am what you saw me to be. I am everything. I am everywhere, once the lights go out, and you cannot escape me. Now that you know of me I will kill you.

But there are ways to avoid me, keep in mind.

Advertisements

Do not fixate on me. Once you notice me, forget me. But do not think I am what I was before the lights came off, or before your eyes faced my way. Forget my existence as who or what you saw me as. Forget me as who or what you see now or what you’ve seen.

Do not give me the enjoyment of taunting you, now that you know of me.

Advertisements

Block me out. Forget me.
But do not forget that I know of you.
Do not remember that I will kill you if you do. Do not be scared.
Do not feel fear.
Discard it or I will know, and I will kill.
I will know. No matter what you do, I will always know. I’m always there, only in your sights in the dark.
And I will kill you as you see me. I will kill you and I will seem to you as what you saw.
A hand reaching out to grab you.
An unfamiliar face.
A monster.
But believe my existence when I am out of sight.
Remember me and believe that I am real when you cannot see me.
Or I will find you when you do.
You will see me as a monster who once was something else in the light. You will remember my abilities.
Part of you will doubt me, but still, you are scared. Go on as if I am not.
When you see something in the corner of your eye, do not turn. When you hear a strange noise that makes your heart race, do not investigate.
But remember me when you cannot see me.
Remember me when the lights are on,
But forget me when you see me.
Or surely the next time you turn away,
I will kill you.
I am near you. I am always near you.
Only inches away from you.
I can hear you breathe.
I am breathing in your ear, but somehow now, you’ll have to forget me.
Forget or I will kill you as I have many others. I’ve been in front of you the entire time.

Advertisements

Credit To: Mrs. Fappings

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

52 thoughts on “Unidentified”

  1. So, my fear of the dark has just gotten a million times worse… I’m seriously creeped out and very confused all at once… Do I remember you, or do I forget you to stay safe?

  2. This story is about fear itself, and how easily it can manifest if you focus too heavily on it. In the light, you should be aware of what you fear. But when the lights go off, or in a scary situation, you shouldn’t let those fears control you. Whatever this “unidentified” creature is, it’s a very personal monster, which can become whatever it is you fear the most. In the end it’s hard to control but you can control it. The beast lives within you. It’s a parasite that lives within your mind, and most people feed it; most people turn away or try to see whatever it was when the lights were on instead of being rational and seeing it for what it is; a thought. A concept. Something that only lives in your mind, all around you, and in the minds of others. This monster is the most real yet nonexistent thing you will ever hear of. It’s meant to be contradictory. You’ll see whatever it is you’re afraid of seeing. It’s human psychology. Now that you’re aware of what you fear, you have no reason to fear it. Your mind, the way you perceive things, can ruin you and your sanity. Don’t fear death, or whatever it is that you fear will harm you. It will only come quicker if you do; this creepypasta is a unique one because it’s flexible, and in away, ironic. People have said they found comfort in it. People have been scared. People have tried to understand it. The truth of it is though, that all assumptions are correct; as was said this is a very person kind of beast. It is whatever you decide. The beast is your perception. It’s your fears. It’s your thoughts. Nothing more than the way you see a dark figure in your room; nothing more than what you let yourself think it is. It stands out only because you let it. Fear can manipulate you; what many don’t realize though is that you can also manipulate it. It’s all in your mind. It has the power to wreck you, yes. But in the end, it’s in your hands. This is a very unique kind of scare that might haunt you when you hear a strange noise or a figure in the dark, which was the intention. But when it was said that it would kill you, the intention was not to threaten you; it was to inform. Thank you so much for reading. I love seeing all the ideas my story brought on for some of you.

  3. Why do they run?

    It was weird when it siad that it had been in front of me the whole time cuase if I’m reading this then my computer or smart phone was the only thing in front of me.

  4. I had to stop reading this, and I wasn’t half way through…my imagination took over. Very well wrote, damn my imagination

  5. Oh goodness, I forgot I wrote this. It was written when I was somewhere near the age of 12/13, so you’ve got to admit, it’s pretty impressive considering I was that young. Reading through the comments I can see I got a pretty good reaction of of the most of you! Thanks for all the different theories behind the meaning that I’m not going to tell you, though someone here was close, and thank you very much for the reviews and comments. It means a lot! <3 This time around the story even scared me a little, haha.

  6. Ok the only thing going through my head was the song I was listening to while reading this. What song you may ask? Simply “When You’re Evil” by Voltaire ahahaha It read just like the song.

  7. He can’t be in front of me There is a table in front of me unless he is going through the table >.<

  8. I read the first sentence and immediately thought of the song, “This is Halloween”. I checked though but I was wrong. It’s, “I am the shadow on the moon at night”… Still, I ended up reading the rest of this to that tune.

  9. This is making me so, indiscribably feeling, I cant even begin to tell you my feelings… I want to scream so badly right now… My body says no, do not want this… But my head is saying yes, YES it is only DREAM! but i know it is real, waiting for me…

    Good thing i hate the dark = p

  10. He’s talking about our fears, our doubts, the message in this is "Trust in yourself and do not fear anything, but remember that failing is an inevitable part of living." or something like that

  11. great story. but the username made me burst out laughing…so in other words the username kind of made me think the thing was a horny woman

  12. At first I was scared. I felt the dread growing within me, and I keep seeing something out of the corner of my eye. At the end I was terrified…and then I wasn’t scared. I was…accepting. Creepy Pasta was settling, and will be digesting all night long.

  13. The awkward moment when you read the sentence “ive been in front of you the entire time” and you see an ad of Nyan cat ._.

    1. Okay, that would be so awesome that I would literally laugh out loud. Then pee myself. Then be killed by the nyan cat because I thought of it. Lulz.

  14. ZabtheZabtheKabbit

    at the end when it says its been infront of me the whole time, i looked up at my computers screen and saw… me dun dun dun!

  15. This story really creeped me out..nicely done. Although your name kind of killed it, I literally laughed out loud

  16. Holy shit. That’s creepy as hell. I applaud you, my good sir, for honestly scaring the crap out of me. Those black blur things you see out of the corner of your eye, watching you in the dark. Fuuuck, my ability to sleep just got destroyed.
    The only bad part was that the threats were kind of losing their touch near the end, you know? Maybe one in the beginning and one at the end; I think that would’ve made the threats have more of an impact on the reader.
    But over-all, I rate this a 9/10.

  17. I’m never scared by Creepypastas because, in the end, they’re just stories. Even as I read this I thought “oh, another story trying to be as scary as possible.” But about half way through as I adjusted my laptop I thought I saw something in the reflection of the screen. It was pretty unique in that it didn’t even resemble any scary face that I’ve seen or imagined. Like a round clay mask with dark circled for eye holes, some red on it too. Kind of hard to recall. Of course it was just a trick of the eyes.

    Anyway pasta was decent but my personal experience bumped it up a bit. 6/10

  18. So this is well written. I came here after reading Pokemon Creepy Black and Jeff the Killer.

    First off, this story can be perceived as many things. 3 mainly.

    1. Death. If you spend your whole life worrying about death, it has overcome you.

    2. Shadows. Shadows are always near you. You are your own worst enemy.

    3. Time. Time isn’t on your side. You need to make haste and take action.

    Overall, this story gives a strong vibe that the author sees death as something that is inevitable and something you shouldn’t be worried about, so forget about it. It’ll happen when it happens.

  19. Honestly? I personally though it was a little over exaggerated towards the end. The beginning was quite good but as the “thing” became overzealous with its threats, I kind of lost interest. It would have been better if it was from the perspective of a person who encountered the monster and lived to tell the tale, or if it were told as a legend or fairy tale.
    I will admit that it’s overzealous nature towards its threats became more than a nuisance, it actually caused me to begin over thinking the darkness in my room enough to turn on the lights. Another thing that was actually surprisingly good about the story was the line “Part of you will doubt me, but still, you are scared. Go on as if I am not.”. As i read that line it became slightly unnerving and my overtly curious mind became slightly pulled towards the story and the possibility of the creatures existence. But overall the intensity died as the threats persisted and I was honestly let down in the end. Good try though :)

    1. I agree Sam. It the beginning it had some strong points and a good start but towards the end it seemed more of a chore to read it. To much repetition of threats and not enough imagination. Good try author, you had a strong story, just need to work on the execution.

  20. Taking into consideration my eye infection, those unidentified figures in the corner of my eye are its discharge… I’ll wipe you off and flush down the toilet. Sorry. Not scary. Or maybe I am just in a sarcastic type of mood…

  21. ineedtobaarrrrfff

    lol craaaver your comment makes no sense and WOW i thought i heard breathing in my ear near the end. now whenever i see a shadow in my room i get terrified and then think oh no it’s going to kill me and then i get even more scared because of that.. its like how slenderman wasnt so scary until the part where it said he makes his victims paranoid and then kills them. its great i got goosebumps, but now im going to have to sleep with the light on… jee thanks pfff

  22. it got kinda a silly..
    if you think you forgot that you thought I was and you felt fear but you actually didn’t
    sure thats an exaggeration but it did get kind of like that

  23. O.O
    This is seriously the most disturbing thing I have ever laid eyes on, yet I do understand the meaning of it, and somehow, when it says “do not be afraid” … I… wasn’t… this is actually really poetic, and I have to admit, you did a great job.

    Still this is creepy as hell.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top