Advertisement
Please wait...

The Silhouette



Estimated reading time — 5 minutes

My family have been living in the same house for almost 10 years, but not once did we ever encounter anything supernatural or creepy. Probably because we built this house ourselves and made sure no dead bodies were buried in the soil, so we didn’t have to worry about previous families having dark histories or such. Nobody has died in the house either. Which is why when something disturbing finally happened to me on a certain afternoon, I couldn’t come up with an explanation why it happened.

It was summer break, you know, those times when you have no school stuff to worry about and you can lay around the house all day. Most of the time, the only people in the house were me, my younger brother, and my grandma, since my mom was working and my older brother had a summer job. After spending hours on the computer, I finally got bored and decided to take a quick bath since that afternoon felt so humid and hot. You see, our bathroom door has this stained glass design or something (I’m not good at describing different types of glass) so you can see the silhouette of people passing by the door, but the other details like eyes, nose or mouth are not clear. When my mom got it installed, I hated it because I was a girl and I don’t like the idea of people seeing me while inside there even if it’s just my silhouette, because if you come close enough to the glass, the better the person on the other side will see you. I had two brothers, so I don’t really understand why the hell my mom installed that thing.

Anyway, my bath was going fine, until I turned my head and realized a tall figure was standing right outside the door. It surely wasn’t my grandma since she’s a short person, so I concluded it was my brother because that guy is freaking tall even if he’s younger than me.

“Hey, I’m showering. Go away!” I yelled, but he didn’t even move an inch. He’s probably just trying to annoy me again so decided to throw a shampoo bottle against the door. “Go away!”

Thankfully, he did go away, and I just finished my shower while feeling a bit pissed. As soon as I got dressed, I went to confront him in his room. He was busy playing in his PC.

“What were you doing standing in front of the bathroom like a creep while I was showering?”
“I wasn’t creeping on you,” He simply said without even looking at me. I just rolled my eyes and didn’t press any further, since he tends to lie when caught doing some crap and it won’t be easy to make him admit to it anyway. I decided to just shrug it off because he didn’t do it again the rest of the day, so maybe he was just bored that moment. The very next day, I was taking a noon shower again and when I looked at the door, there he was again. Just standing there and probably watching my silhouette move as I showered.

“DAN!!!! GO AWAY!!!” I screamed, feeling annoyed but partly creeped out by my brother’s actions. I was starting to think that he probably discovered some porn online and is now starting to fantasize about stuff. It was downright creepy. “GO AWAY OR I’LL CALL MOM!!!”

Finally, he started to slowly turn around and walk away, then disappeared into the left hallway. I was about to let out a relieved sigh, but then a different silhouette came running from the opposite hallway and stopped right in front of the door. My blood ran cold when I realized that this person is SURELY my brother. I can clearly see his brown skin and even the yellow tint of his spongebob shirt. The other silhouette, however, was equally tall but pure black as if just a shadow.

“What did you say?” He called out, like he really didn’t hear what I have been screaming. I wasn’t able to answer because I was still completely shocked about what just happened. It was like my mind just went blank.

Advertisements

“Hey? You okay?” My brother’s voice snapped me out of it, and I hurriedly got dressed. When I got out, I was greeted by his confused face. I probably looked so pale because I could still feel myself numb from all that shock. I pulled my brother to the living room and started to explain everything to him. He didn’t tease or laugh at me because even though we piss off each other most of the time, when one of us is totally shaken up, we know something is surely wrong. He explained that he didn’t hear anybody else sneak into the house, and we even have five dogs outside for Christ’s sake, and none of them barked even once. We didn’t want to conclude that it was something paranormal since, just like I said earlier, we never experienced such things in the house after living here for a very long time. And it happened in broad daylight. Don’t paranormal entities prefer to haunt people at night?

Advertisements

We decided to approach our grandma since she’s the one that has experienced odd things during her younger days. All she told us was that spirits tend to visit homes once in a while even if they don’t know the people living in there. She even joked that maybe that certain spirit just fancied me, but that idea only scared me more. The three of us agreed to keep the matters from my mother, since she’s a full blown skeptic and would probably just nag me, saying that I’m reading too much horror stuff. It was already comforting enough for me that two people sincerely believed my story.

Since that last encounter, I don’t enter that bathroom without praying and praying to be kept safe from whatever that thing was. For all I know, it could be a demon, and I sure as hell don’t want a demon stalking me. It didn’t happen again for a few days as if to give me a break, but then, it visited me again as if for one final goodbye.

Being the very unfortunate me, it was late at night, and most of the lights were already off although none of us were asleep yet. I was the last to take a shower, but I made sure I had my phone inside the bathroom with me since the fear was still crawling around my system. I kept my eyes glued to the stained glass as I tried to shower as quickly as I can. I was only halfway done washing away the shampoo, when I saw the same black figure slowly walk closer the door. I actually fucking saw how it appeared from the dark hallway like it has always been there all the time. Heart racing, I slowly reached for my phone, letting the shower stay on so that thing hopefully wouldn’t know that I already noticed it. I was already letting out shaky breaths as I went to my brother’s contact number. As soon as I pressed call and my brother’s phone started ringing from somewhere in the house, the figure suddenly reached for the doorknob and started to try and open it. The knob was shaking so violently that I thought it would actually break.

At that point, I just lost it. I screamed. I let out the loudest scream I ever made in my whole life, hoping that everyone would hear it and come to my rescue. I just felt so fucking helpless, and it was the most horrifying thing I have ever experienced. I felt like whatever that thing was, it wanted to hurt me.

Advertisements

When loud footsteps echoed in the hallway, the figure quickly stepped back and immediately disappeared back into the darkness as if it was never even there. When I could hear my brothers and my mom calling for me outside, I fumbled to wrap myself with a towel and opened the door. I hugged whoever was nearest to me and cried. Jumbled words of explanation came out of my mouth and I just hoped that they understood me. Thankfully, my mom didn’t nag me, and stayed beside me the whole night to assure me that I’ll be okay.

Immediately after that, my mom had that door removed and replaced it with a normal, solid one. Since then, I haven’t seen that thing again, though I couldn’t deny that I still have this constant fear that one day, it will pop in my face and finally get me. I never knew what exactly it was, and what it wanted from me.

Or for all I know, it’s actually just standing behind that solid door, staring at the plain white surface like it could still see me.

The Silhouette

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

29 thoughts on “The Silhouette”

  1. Fucking amazing story I loved it so did my sister I loved the idea but I am a little bit creeped out tho because I can relate my bathroom door has a stained glass window like that one

  2. How about no to that door, that was terrifying. My grandma used to have a door like that in her house..

  3. hollygolightlee

    My story “Ring Dem Bells” appears on May 27th on the CrappyPasta site. Please look past the cockeyed configuration of some of the sentences and irregular spacing. They’re a result of sticking keys and snafus in transmission of the copy onto the Pasta site. Trust me, I know better than to make these blatant missteps. This was my first attempt at submitting to CreepyPasta. I have another story in the works entitled “Teacupful of Water” which I’m posting as soon as the site re-opens and I hope it fares better. Thanks for your inquiry.

    1. Okay, I’m going to hope you don’t find this message too inflammatory, but as this isn’t the first post where you’ve left similar comments – additionally, several people have been reporting your comments so I suppose it’s time to address this.

      I really liked the potential of Ring Dem Bells, but as I commented on Crappypasta (as did some others), it simply didn’t feel finished.

      While I was extremely hopeful to see a Ring Dem Bells rewrite and more work from you – as I said on Crappypasta, I do like how you write and felt the story had considerable potential – I have to admit that you’re definitely coming off badly now by taking out your sour grapes on other authors. Don’t you realize that it’s rather rude to keep leaving comments on other people’s stories implying that they don’t deserve to be here because you were rejected? That’s insulting and unnecessary. I understand that your feelings are clearly hurt and that you feel your story should have been accepted as-is, but please cool it with these comments. I’m the one who rejected your story, not the authors that you keep trying to imply are ‘less than’ you, so please stop trying to bring them down because your story wasn’t accepted. Just think about how you’re making the authors feel when you keep commenting like this.

      I understand that dealing with rejection can be challenging, but this kind of reaction isn’t helpful to anyone. Even our most popular recurring authors have had stories rejected for one reason or other, but you’ll notice that they’re not shaking salt all over other people’s stories. Rather, they either understood that – given that enjoyment of these stories is subjective – the story in question simply wasn’t a correct fit for this particular website, or they listened to the feedback they got on Crappypasta and rewrote their stories successfully.

      You received a number of thoughtful suggestions on Ring Dem Bells. People took the time to try and help you there. Perhaps your time would be better spent actually thinking about why multiple people felt your story seemed unfinished rather than leaving shady comments on the stories of completely unrelated authors?

      I hope that I’ve said this in a way that didn’t come off as too aggressive. I’ve been told that I can be too blunt, and rudeness is not my intention. But, as I mentioned above, your comments have been reported a number of times, so it seems that it’s not just me who is parsing your comments as unnecessarily rude. I don’t want to tell you to stop commenting or anything like that – I’d just like you to put yourself in the shoes of the people who wrote the stories that you’ve been insulting in an attempt to make yourself feel better.

      I’d wager that you wouldn’t enjoy it much, either.

      Thanks :)

      1. hollygolightlee

        You’ve made some valid points. I remember commenting negatively on two or at the most three stories. But if you bothered to look further, I’ve also praised to the heavens many a submission to the site, the most recent being today’s offering (the first installment of three). I didn’t rework “Ring Dem Bells”, instead I have a second story almost completed to submit when the site reopens. I’m afeared my second story is written much like the first in style and won’t be published, but I can live with that. In the future, if I read a story that’s not to my likening, I’ll just refrain from making a comment. I enjoy this site immensely. Many a work night I stay up until after midnight to read the offering of the new day. I promise to be respectful and positive from now on.

        ria law (hollygolightlee)

  4. is it weird that
    1. i kinda saw the same figure i was in my moms room at our old house when i woke up and saw a shadowed figure in the bathroom and i felt like it was staring at me but it probably didnt help that i watched two movies of paranormal activity thanks to my sisters

    2. i kinda imagined the door like that….like the whole time i read it i imagine it happening (no dirty thoughts boys!!!)

  5. Hector A. Hernandez

    Not every one of them. But most yes. Hard to find a well written one that’s good enough to think it actually happened and this is not one of them.

    1. I have sincerely true, very creepy things, that happened to me at my grandmother’s house, when I was a teen. 3 people died in that house in the 60s. I am very much thinking abou turning them into a creepypasta. Problem is, I’ve never written one before, and I’m worried that I won’t have the descriptive capabilities to make it really good. Like I said, the experiences are true. And scary as hell. But it’s hard to put into good story/creepypasta form.

      Anyhoo… yeah these stories CAN definitely be 100% real. Though I’m sure there aren’t too many. If you have any suggestions on how I can write mine, please let me know.

  6. Not awful – came across like a ghost story one would tell around a campfire.
    I think the very best part was that last sentence – and the dread it inspired.

  7. Not awful – came across like a ghost story one would tell around a campfire.
    I think the very best part was that last sentence – and the dread it inspired.

  8. The concept is good. not very well written though, but not to the point that it bugged me. You’ve got to start somewhere right?

  9. Even worse than a door like that was the bathroom my ex had at his mom’s house – it was completely open and you could see right overy the half wall they had blocking off the shower. If I was taller than 5’2″ anyone would be able to stare at my chest – it always felt super vulnerable.

  10. That’s exactly what I thought. I’m glad that thing wasn’t actually in the bathroom with her!

  11. It’s a good story, and the idea is great. Still it could’ve been written alot better. These things come along later. Great story!

  12. Lol @ the readers who solely focused on the “story line”. It’s obviously just an account of a disturbance, not an actual story with a beginning, middle or end. It’s main focus was to tell us about a specific instance and her feelings about it.

  13. I liked the concept of this story, but it really could have been written better. kind of felt like you weren’t sure where to go with the concept of the silhouette creature

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top