MORE TOP RANKED STORIES WE THINK YOU'LL ENJOY:
- Revelations (Sequel to The Fort and Survival) ★ 9.19 Rating (16 votes)
- Oppression ★ 9.18 Rating (28 votes)
- Psychosis ★ 9.16 Rating (19297 votes)
- He Who Wanders ★ 9.15 Rating (429 votes)
- Bedtime ★ 9.14 Rating (11086 votes)
- The Seer of Possibilities ★ 9.14 Rating (7475 votes)
- Mr. Widemouth ★ 9.13 Rating (8744 votes)
- In the Walls ★ 9.13 Rating (1745 votes)
- The Melancholy of Herbert Solomon ★ 9.12 Rating (3356 votes)
- Artificial ★ 9.12 Rating (1883 votes)
Somewhere in the middle of the Desert in Nevada, there’s a place where, if you look to the west at sunset you’ll be able to make out a tiny, house-shaped structure in the far distance, Wait for the sun to set completely and then you must WALK straight towards that structure without deviating.
As the night wears on, you will hear groans and cries of pain in the distance. Ignore them. You must continue to move towards where you saw the building. The night will seem much longer than any normal night, but if you continue walking until the sun comes up again behind you, you’ll find yourself suddenly in front of a battered, dusty shack. Inside, you will find no windows or doors (including the one you just came though) and in the center of the room will be a body. Reports of the decay vary from recently dead to a skeleton with clothes.
You might recognize the clothes or possibly the face. This body is yours. You can inspect it for as long as you dare. Check it for wounds or clues to your death… check its pockets for clues about your future if you wish. But you must figure out how to leave the room and do it before your corpse awakens. If you make it out of the room, you’ll find yourself back at the edge of the desert where you started. But if your corpse stirs before you can find the way out, you’ll be trapped in that room for eternity while your corpse is allowed to roam free. What does a corpse do with a second chance at life, you ask?
Well, remember those groans and cries you heard crossing the desert? A reanimated corpse has to eat, too…