MORE TOP RANKED STORIES WE THINK YOU'LL ENJOY:
- Sophie ★ 9.54 Rating (24 votes)
- The Favor – Part One ★ 9.42 Rating (12 votes)
- The Burned Photo – Part 2 ★ 9.38 Rating (37 votes)
- The Lord of the Scarecrows ★ 9.36 Rating (11 votes)
- 12 Steps ★ 9.35 Rating (20 votes)
- The Fort ★ 9.32 Rating (19 votes)
- The Crawling House On Black Pond Road ★ 9.31 Rating (16 votes)
- Detachment ★ 9.31 Rating (13 votes)
- Colorado Fishing Trip ★ 9.31 Rating (32 votes)
- The Ragman ★ 9.31 Rating (13 votes)
Deep beneath the New Mexican desert, there is a lost city in a dark cavern. Many have journeyed to the deep city, some have returned, some have not, completely vanished without a trace. As for what happened to the builders of the city, no one knows for sure. What I do know, is that I have walked the rubble strewn streets, and I have heard the cries in the dark, inhuman shrieks. I have no clue what these creatures that make these sounds are. I’ve been told that pictograms in the cavern suggest they were slaves to the builders, but like I said no one knows.
Eventually the random cries in the dark began to take a toll on me and I fled the cavern, returned home, and until today told only a few close friends of what I’d seen, and heard. Now, as I walk down the darkened streets of my hometown, I’ve begun to hear the creatures again. They are calling me back to the cavern.
The time is coming.