Advertisement
Please wait...

The Guide



Estimated reading time — 2 minutes

I never knew you existed before, but now you’re all I can think about.

From the moment I saw you, something within me said “That’s it! That’s the one!” I was nervous because I have never been a guide before, but I know I am ready for this moment. The last thing I remember before dying was reading a small card, then looking up and seeing terrible red eyes peering into mine. Since this is my first time, I decided to do what my guide did for me.

You finally step outside your car and walk inside, stumbling a little on the icy sidewalk and peering tentatively at the icicles above. If I was able, I would laugh at the memory of my mother… or perhaps it was my grandmother… so long ago warning me of the deadly danger that icicles pose, but now I know better; that isn’t how death works at all. You slam the door behind you, but I glide through confidently, for I know I am still invisible to your eyes.

Advertisements

You turn toward the bathroom, and I blush and choose not to follow. Instead, I explore your house and ponder on what sort of person you must be. I wonder if you will take this gracefully or filled with terror; I wonder if you are ready. I self consciously pull at my long black robe and glance again at the card I hurriedly wrote, making sure my writing is legible. As you exit the bathroom and head to the kitchen, I take my opportunity and lay the card gently on your table, where I know you must sooner or later notice it. Take your time, though, we are in no rush.

You hum “Bohemian Rhapsody” to yourself as you pull a frozen dinner from the freezer and pop it in the microwave. I consider starting a fire to make my first guiding experience more grand, but I think you would prefer it my way. I could almost feel an echo of my long-stilled heart as you turn around and fixate on my note. Peering around anxiously, you bend down to pick it up and read it. I get into place, because I know as soon as you read my name, you will be able to see me, and I must make myself terrifyingly presentable.

Advertisements

This is so exciting!

My name is Death.
I am not the only Death, but one of many. See, most people think of death as falling asleep and waking up on another side, but that’s not right at all. Death is like being pulled by your ankle deep into the depths of the oceans- sudden, inexplicable, and suffocating. I am here to drag you there, for none can achieve death on their own.

Advertisements

You shudder in confusion, and look up to see me. A guttural and unearthly scream escapes your lips (really, am I that terrible?) as I reach out for your hand and pull you through your dimension into mine. As the mortals see it… to your death.

Credit: Amanda Lloyd

Advertisements
Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

12 thoughts on “The Guide”

  1. Amazing-Entities

    This is such a unique idea, i like it so much.
    ( There might be an anime close to this, but not so close called Death Note )

  2. Ehhh, not too bad. I liked the concept, and the idea of death coming to your home to take you into Death Land (new amusement park) is fairly creepy. Still, I like it. 8/10.
    Get Burned

  3. You could have done more with this, but I liked the concept! I gave you an 8/10, which is a pretty good rating from me!

  4. I’ve actually thought about this idea before. I imagine Death the same way, multiple entities, heaven and hell as a separate universe. The only thing different about my view of Death and yours is the business card. Makes it seem like a professional organisation. Wasn’t really creepy, but a cool idea. I wonder if there is a book/tv show/movie/anime/video game about this

  5. Devil-inATrenchcoat

    I liked the concept. Could probably do a pretty cool anime with it. Wasn’t very scary though.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top