MORE TOP RANKED STORIES WE THINK YOU'LL ENJOY:
- Pica ★ 8.61 Rating (105 votes)
- The Killer’s Interview ★ 9.25 Rating (44 votes)
- The Girl in the Window ★ 9.19 Rating (16 votes)
- Train ★ 9.18 Rating (17 votes)
- Becoming ★ 9.18 Rating (17 votes)
- Cold Blood ★ 9.17 Rating (18 votes)
- One More For The Orphan ★ 9.16 Rating (19 votes)
- The Tollman ★ 9.16 Rating (25 votes)
- The Well ★ 9.16 Rating (45 votes)
- Something Was Off About My Freshman Roommate – Part Three & Epilogue ★ 9.13 Rating (16 votes)
- The Story of Her Holding an Orange: Part Two ★ 9.12 Rating (17 votes)
On his way home that night, as he walked through town, a man stepped out of an alley in front of him. He tensed to defend himself, but the man just stood there. Looking him over, he realised the man looked like a hippie. Something of a comedy caricature of a hippie, really. Long unwashed hair and beard, sandals…and a sandwich board reading ‘THE END IS NIGH’. That, he thought, was unusual, even for a hippie.
“You want something?” he asked.
“The world’s ending,” said the hippie. “I need your help.”
He stepped around the hippie and kept walking. High as a kite, he thought to himself. The hippie started walking after him, and fell into step beside him.
“Please, I need your help,” said the hippie.
“Look, man, I’m really not interested,” he said, and kept walking.
The hippie leant against a wall, watching him walk away. The hippie wasn’t all that disappointed; lots of people gave this kind of response. Another skeptic, he thought to himself, fingering the ragged holes through the middles of his hands.