Advertisement
Please wait...

The Dark Grove



Estimated reading time — < 1 minute

There exists a small circle of trees somewhere in the Rocky Mountains, completely unremarkable from the outside, but just inside no sun or star ever shines. Rumor has it that anyone that can spend three pitch black days and nights within the grove without going mad will be greeted with the queer sight of the sun rising in the west on the beginning of the forth day, filling the grove with radiant light. One wish may be made before this sun, and it shall be fulfilled. However, once that person makes the wish, the world outside the grove shall forever be as dark for them as it had been inside for those three days.

Advertisements
Advertisements
Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

37 thoughts on “The Dark Grove”

  1. I would wish for the ability to grant my own wishes. This covers the fact that only one wish may be wished in front of that sun… and if I can grant any wish, that also means that I can choose what wish NOT to grant, should I say something stupid like ‘I wish there were a zombie apocalypse’.

    I could just be like ‘…. nah.’

    Win?

  2. Doc: There is a loophole

    I would wish for a small, black stone that is perfectly smooth. It would be two inches long, one inch wide, and half an inch thick. It would weigh exactly 50 grams, no more, no less. This stone would appear on the surface of my open hand, and not be embedded. If it went missing/was stolen, I would be able to think of a spot and it would reappear there. This stone would always be 20 degrees Celsius. This stone would also be impossible to destroy. This stone would grant an infinite number of wishes, granting the wish exactly as I want (e.g. I could say that I wish for a, “You know, that thing…” and it would produce exactly what I want, being a stone of the benevolent genie kind). These wishes would override wishes granted by any other being/object/etc. It would override any curses and blessings as well

    Then I could wish to perceive the world as I normally would and walk away with the ultimate item. And even if I couldn’t wish the darkness away for some reason, well, I have a wishing stone. Heck, I could wish to be in a world not covered by darkness! :D

  3. Guys, there are no loopholes, learn to read: One wish may be made before this sun. So that means no “I wish for infinite wishes” and no bringing friends along cause you all got one wish anyway. SO yeah, another pasta with a guide to doing something no one will bother to do.

  4. What would suck about wishing for all future wishes to come true is the inevitable, “Gr, I wish I was dead,” or, “I wish I was alone” or something along those lines. I’d say “wish for 10 more wishes” would be good, or “wish for all future non-sarcastic and non-exaggerated wishes to be true.”

  5. This whole thing defeats the purpose of itself.

    I spent three days in total darkness just to waste my wish trying to see again?!

    *Head explodes*

  6. you could just have two people do the dark grove and at the end 1 of them wishes for you both to percieve the world outside normally when you leave and the other one two make a wish for the both of them like; I wish we were both rich.

  7. Exactly. You get ONE wish, so if you wish to see the world normally… whats the point?

    I would totally do this though as long as it meant that the world was just dark, and not that you’re blind.

  8. @ Jeox

    more loopholes!!!! That’s actually a really good idea.

    If you make the wish and then don’t immediately wish for the percievence of light, then when it sez “the world outside the grove shall forever be as dark for them as it had been inside for those three days”, does it mean that your blind???

  9. I would wish that whenever I made a wish, it would come true.
    That way you could percieve the world normally, and whatever else you wanted.

  10. Why not try it?

    I would drag a bunch of people along with me, and yes I would use that loophole that Martin Van Buren stated.

  11. This seems like another Creepypasta thread detailing how to do something that no one in their right mind would want to try.

    1. Endoplasmic Reticulum

      Then why would you even bother doing this? You just wasted your one wish on what could’ve been accomplished by not entering the grove.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top